Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-13-2018, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Wait a minute. Remember the version of "Gypsy" posted yesterday?
That was firmly in my mind when I wrote that!!

And of course:

"Children of the orchestra... the forgotten tambourines."
Old 12-13-2018, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And for my crowning achievement I got the man who brought me in to Fleetwood Mac fired! She should be ashamed of yourself.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:20 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I agree; she deserves this. She was a knockout beauty and fame is her middle name.

She can't play an instrument, but so be it.

(New thread idea for cbBen: Have there ever been any other solo RHOOF inductees who can't play an instrument?)

I just hope that for all the people that got her there (the ones who play her instruments, write her songs, produce her albums), she spends her 50 minute commencement speech talking about them and not herself. #unlikely

Sigh. If this was twelve months ago I'd have thought this was so cool.
You wrote my same thoughts down better than I would have, so I'm just quoting your whole post. I agree 100%.

I would have been so happy about this a year ago. My, how things change in a year.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

“ and for my crowning achievement I got the man who brought me into Fleetwood Mac fired !” The crap that should be spewing out of her mouth during the ceremonyi should be really funny. She should be ashamed of herself she’s a disgusting person.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
HBO will be airing the RRHOF inductions. Apparently there will be two pay per view options available.

Option 1 - The full induction as originally broadcasted
Option 2 - 6 hour broadcast including the full two hours of Stevie Nicks' induction speech.

why do we care in the FM forum about 80s sex kitten solo career?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-13-2018, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I bet she won’t even mention Lindsey, , I am sickened.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
And for my crowning achievement I got the man who brought me in to Fleetwood Mac fired! She should be ashamed of yourself.
You need to work on your pronouns.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
“ and for my crowning achievement I got the man who brought me into Fleetwood Mac fired !” The crap that should be spewing out of her mouth during the ceremonyi should be really funny. She should be ashamed of herself she’s a disgusting person.
And a two-time inductee into the hall of fame.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I bet she won’t even mention Lindsey, , I am sickened.
Linds had little to do with her solo career LOL!
Old 12-13-2018, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.newsday.com/entertainmen...all-1.24486335

Stevie Nicks will be first woman to be inducted twice to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
By Glenn Gamboa
glenn.gamboa@newsday.com

Stand back! Stevie Nicks will become the first woman to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice, as the Fleetwood Mac frontwoman leads a distinctly ‘80s-dominated class of inductees this year, the museum announced Thursday morning.

Nicks, who launched her solo career in 1981 with her album “Bella Donna” and hits such as “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around,” enters the Rock Hall after her first time on the ballot, along with ‘80s rockers Def Leppard and New Romantic inspirations Roxy Music. Hitmaker Janet Jackson, who ruled the ‘80s charts with a string of hits, and new wave pioneers The Cure are also on the list, along with ‘90s alt-rockers Radiohead and The Zombies, who arrived in the British Invasion.

Manhasset’s LL Cool J, who was nominated for Rock Hall induction for a fifth time this year, did not make the final cut. Neither did Todd Rundgren, who finished third in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Fan Vote behind Def Leppard and Nicks, or singer-songwriter John Prine, currently enjoying a critically acclaimed comeback.

Artists are eligible 25 years after their first significant recording. Fifteen artists were nominated for induction this year and submitted to a group of more than 1,000 inductees and music industry experts, with the top seven vote-getters being chosen for induction.

The induction ceremony will take place on March 29 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Ticketing information will be released in January. HBO will air an edited version of the ceremony in the spring and SiriusXM Radio will broadcast the event.

Nicks joins the Rock Hall’s most elite group, as the 23rd artist who has been inducted more than once. Freeport native Lou Reed, as well as Michael Jackson and all four members of The Beatles are also in that group. Only Eric Clapton, inducted as part of The Yardbirds, Cream and as a solo artist, has been inducted three times.

“I just want you to know that we all do appreciate this,” Nicks said when Fleetwood Mac was inducted in 1998. “This is an incredible honor and we are all just as nervous as we were 25 years ago.”
Old 12-13-2018, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
Maybe Lindsey can give her induction speech!

But seriously, I wonder who will. Mick? Don Henley? Harry Styles???
I think Jimmy Iovine makes sense. I feel like she should keep FM far away from this. And regardless of the drama she launched around the current state of FM, she definitely deserves this honor. Congrats to her. It’s a big deal
Old 12-13-2018, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So happy!!!!
Old 12-13-2018, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It isn't surprising. Over the past ten years or so, she has engineered this moment to happen and she deserves it.

That Todd Rungren did not get inducted is criminal.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I couldn't be happier for her. So well deserved. Stevie has inspired and influenced so many, in and out of the music business. To me, that's what it's truly about.

Merry Nicksmas!

Jamie
Old 12-13-2018, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I think Jimmy Iovine makes sense. I feel like she should keep FM far away from this. And regardless of the drama she launched around the current state of FM, she definitely deserves this honor. Congrats to her. It’s a big deal

I agree this a well deserved honor. Stevie had an amazing solo career that she balanced with her time with the band but this is about her solo work period.