User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-05-2018, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Also it is obvious the new owner of TL is not interested in revealing him/herself nor is Michele ever going to tell us who it is.
I've been pondering the mysterious identity of the owner. I think it may be a hedge fund, or possibly a member of the Eagles. I shudder to think that it may be Jonathan Todd. If I had my druthers, it would be Nepotista or Lesley Thode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
And as I have stated before, a new album or new tour always brings people back to TL.
You were right, Viv! The forum is a-hoppin'!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-05-2018, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She [Carrie] was funny, and very witty, BUT, she was also the one PMing us, getting us to put horse's asses as our signature pics, etc... She loved to stir the pot, and stir the pot from a hidden place. She also started the "other boards".
She and I shared a love of All Things H.W. Fowler. I think what cemented our friendship in those days was an interest in the syntactical and dictional grammars of Henry Sweet, Otto Jespersen, and George Curme, and following that lexicographical progression all the way to the transformational-generative grammars of Chomsky and Randolph Quirk.

God bless her, that little dickens!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-06-2018, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I've been pondering the mysterious identity of the owner. I think it may be a hedge fund, or possibly a member of the Eagles. I shudder to think that it may be Jonathan Todd.
Jonathan Todd? lol
If he's the proverbial man behind the curtain, call Kansas because I'm heading home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I've been pondering the mysterious identity of the owner. I think it may be a hedge fund, or possibly a member of the Eagles. I shudder to think that it may be Jonathan Todd. If I had my druthers, it would be Nepotista or Lesley Thode.
Is that the same lovely Lesley (username "Les") who made the absolutely beautiful yet apparently now defunct website "In His Own Words" (or something like that) about Lindsey?
Old 11-06-2018, 09:06 AM
Ledgie

My bet says that Jonathon Todd and Mick Fleetwood were the same person.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by g. fish View Post
My bet says that Jonathon Todd and Mick Fleetwood were the same person.
Sugar Mouse makes it a triple headed creation.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Sugar Mouse makes it a triple headed creation.
Perfect summation,
Can’t drink tea when you are on a roll!!
Old 11-11-2018, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only thing contributing to the decline of this site are the a-hole personalities of certain people on this thread, who have always been super critical of band members in the beginning, but now with recent developments within the band and LB, nastiness has turned into hate. I unfortunately became a part of it in a few posts, but needless to say nobody on here has anything nice to say anymore. I still love the music and the people involved with it despite what has been happening. I still listen to the music and I would still support them in their live endeavors. They are in their later years of life and I'm not going to waste an opportunity to sit behind a screen and bemoan everyone and everything about this band, and the people on this forum who are beyond bitter and resentful, despite their self-righteous reasons and beliefs as to why they are right over everyone else on here.

Some people on here really need to get a life, and I visit this board less frequently now because of the lack of civility brought forth by the members.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krrrby View Post
The only thing contributing to the decline of this site are the a-hole personalities of certain people on this thread, who have always been super critical of band members in the beginning, but now with recent developments within the band and LB, nastiness has turned into hate. I unfortunately became a part of it in a few posts, but needless to say nobody on here has anything nice to say anymore. I still love the music and the people involved with it despite what has been happening. I still listen to the music and I would still support them in their live endeavors. They are in their later years of life and I'm not going to waste an opportunity to sit behind a screen and bemoan everyone and everything about this band, and the people on this forum who are beyond bitter and resentful, despite their self-righteous reasons and beliefs as to why they are right over everyone else on here.

Some people on here really need to get a life, and I visit this board less frequently now because of the lack of civility brought forth by the members.
Stevie and Mick did this. FACT
Old 11-11-2018, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

that seems a bit of a stretch..
Old 11-12-2018, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
that seems a bit of a stretch..
Exactly!
Old 11-12-2018, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I really like everybody on here. We're all lovely people.
Even those I don't much like.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 11-12-2018, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I really like everybody on here. We're all lovely people.
Even those I don't much like.
Me too!

As much as we all bitch about this and that, I can only think of three people that I can't stand. Okay, four.

The rest of you are okay in my book...except those $tevie lovers!
Old 11-15-2018, 12:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

Absolute truth spoken right here! ^^^^
I've literally logged a handful of times in the last few months and it's all hate and disrespect towards other members. If anything, it's increased since the band split. Number one reason that so many have left this site.