Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-09-2018, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default This Is An Outrage-Buckingham Departure

For approximately 5 minutes after hearing the news of Lindsey's departure, I was in shock. This is certainly a curve ball from left field that I NEVER expected. Shock has turned to anger. Quite frankly, this is an outrage! I waited YEARS for the return of Christine McVie to have the Rumours lineup together again, and now THIS! I'm sorry, but these folks are spoiled brats! I've grown so tired and weary of this saga that I don't care to spend another dime on these pampered, indulgent divas! GROW UP! I would LOVE to boycott this tour! The thought of seeing the Mac live without Buckingham's energy (think Burnett/Vito) is abominable.

I've had enough. Rant over!
Old 04-09-2018, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I feel your pain.
A miracle happens and Christine returns and now this? Its frustrating that a band member who tours with the band but refuses to record with them is not fired. This band member keeps extending their solo tour thus delaying Fleetwood Mac but they don't get fired. The creative genius of Fleetwood Mac who put the band ahead of his solo career time after time gets fired.
Its sad
Its pathetic
Its an outrage
Old 04-09-2018, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I feel your pain.
A miracle happens and Christine returns and now this? Its frustrating that a band member who tours with the band but refuses to record with them is not fired. This band member keeps extending their solo tour thus delaying Fleetwood Mac but they don't get fired. The creative genius of Fleetwood Mac who put the band ahead of his solo career time after time gets fired.
Its sad
Its pathetic
Its an outrage

I agree. It's a real shame this is how the Fleetwood Mac story may end.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Quite frankly, this is an outrage!
you are not the only one. apparently 99% of the world agrees that Fleetwood Mac just ceased to exist, with their decision to fire Lindsey.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-09-2018, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You are right on! It's ridiculous. I'm so tired of Lindsey and Stevie playing games. Stevie was wrong not to record new music with The Mac. A small part of me now feels that Lindsey was going to teach them a lesson by holding out on a tour. Then, the remaining 4 turn around and move forward without him! I'm disgusted! This is what happens when spoiled "rock stars" are stuck in Peter Pan syndrome and refuse to grow up.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:25 PM

$he told Mick, it's him or MEEEEEE.

$he got the guy that got her in... FIRED! AND.... got her friends to join the band. Surprised $he didn't get Sheryl, too.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you are not the only one. apparently 99% of the world agrees that Fleetwood Mac just ceased to exist, with their decision to fire Lindsey.
I hope that NOBODY attends this next tour. F*ck this bunch of children!
Old 04-09-2018, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I hope that NOBODY attends this next tour. F*ck this bunch of children!
I'm calling for a complete and total BOYCOTT of this tour! No money to these brats!
Old 04-09-2018, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...P=share_btn_tw

Lindsey Buckingham parts ways with Fleetwood Mac before tou
The longstanding member will be replaced by the Tom Petty guitarist Mike Campbell and Crowded House’s Neil Finn

Guardian music

@guardianmusic
Mon 9 Apr 2018 16.34 EDT Last modified on Mon 9 Apr 2018 17.58 EDT
View more sharing options
Shares
Lindsey Buckingham.
Lindsey Buckingham. Photograph: Cindy Ord/Getty Images
Lindsey Buckingham has parted ways with Fleetwood Mac months before they are scheduled to embark on a live tour.

In a statement, the band announced: “Lindsey Buckingham will not be performing with the band on this tour. The band wishes Lindsey all the best.”

Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham: ‘I said to Christine, ‘You can’t leave again’
Read more
It’s been revealed that Buckingham will be replaced on tour by the Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell and Crowded House’s Neil Finn. “Fleetwood Mac has always been about an amazing collection of songs that are performed with a unique blend of talents,” Mick Fleetwood said. “We jammed with Mike and Neil and the chemistry really worked and let the band realize that this is the right combination to go forward with in Fleetwood Mac style. We know we have something new, yet it’s got the unmistakable Mac sound.”

Finn said in a statement: “Two weeks ago I received a wonderful invitation to be a part of a truly great band. A few days later I was standing in a room playing music with Fleetwood Mac. It felt fresh and exciting, so many great songs, a spectacular rhythm section and two of the greatest voices ever. Best of all, we sounded good together. It was a natural fit. I can’t wait to play.”

The band’s Facebook page has since changed its profile image from one of the band to an illustrated picture.

Fleetwood Mac in 1975: John McVie, Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, and Lindsey Buckingham.
Facebook Twitter Pinterest
Fleetwood Mac in 1975: John McVie, Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood and Lindsey Buckingham. Photograph: Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images
Buckingham originally joined the band in 1975 and played with them until 1987. In this incarnation, featuring Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie and Stevie Nicks, they released 1977’s Rumors. The album sold over 40mcopies. Buckingham rejoined the band in 1997 and last year released a duet album with McVie.

His most recent performance with the band was during a concert in January honoring Fleetwood Mac as MusiCares Person of the Year. The Fleetwood Mac tour is to start in June. Last week, the band re-entered the US charts with Dreams after it was used in a meme.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-09-2018, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

interesting - "Co-founder Mick Fleetwood also released his own statement, clearly in an attempt to calm fans' complaints about the departure of one of Fleetwood Mac's three main songwriters."

http://www.digitalspy.com/showbiz/ne...ey-buckingham/

Fleetwood Mac have parted ways with long-time band member Lindsey Buckingham

Lindsey will go his own way.

Mick Fleetwood, Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, and John McVie of Fleetwood Mac

© Steve Granitz/Getty Images
By Justin Harp
9 April 2018

Fleetwood Mac have announced that they will be parting ways with singer-guitarist Lindsey Buckingham.

A joint statement from the band released on Monday (April 9) confirmed that Buckingham will be replaced on their upcoming tour by Mike Campbell of the Heartbreakers and Neil Finn of Crowded House.

"We are thrilled to welcome the musical talents of the caliber of Mike Campbell and Neil Finn into the Mac family," the band told Rolling Stone.
Fleetwood Mac

© Steve Thorne/Redferns via Getty Images

"With Mike and Neil, we'll be performing all the hits that the fans love, plus we'll be surprising our audiences with some tracks from our historic catalogue of songs. Fleetwood Mac has always been a creative evolution. We look forward to honouring that spirit on this upcoming tour."

Co-founder Mick Fleetwood also released his own statement, clearly in an attempt to calm fans' complaints about the departure of one of Fleetwood Mac's three main songwriters.

"Fleetwood Mac has always been about an amazing collection of songs that are performed with a unique blend of talents," Mick said today.

"We jammed with Mike and Neil and the chemistry really worked and let the band realise that this is the right combination to go forward with in Fleetwood Mac style. We know we have something new, yet it's got the unmistakable Mac sound."
John McVie, Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, and Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac pose onstage during NBC's 'Today'

© Getty Images D Dipasupil

This disappointing turn-of-events comes several months after Christine McVie announced on The One Show last year that the classic line-up of Fleetwood Mac would be touring in 2018.

At that time, McVie was promoting a collaborative album with Buckingham, which the duo toured on their own. McVie only reunited with Fleetwood Mac in 2014, after a decade away.

Buckingham and Stevie Nicks first became members of Fleetwood Mac together in 1974, and would usher in the band's most successful period as the classic Rumours-era line-up.

There has yet to be any comment from Buckingham on news of his sacking.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So the new guys have already been playing with the 4 remaining FM members. And Christine of all people is seemingly okay with it. Sad.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:13 PM
Registered

I am so damn furious at this band that I haven't slept since last night (other side of the world) despite having taken enough sedatives to take down an elephant.

Mick's statement about how the new lineup will still have the "unmistakeable Mac sound" is a further insult to our intelligence. Does he think he could bamboozle us into believing the Heartbreakers or Crowded House actually sound like Lindsey Buckingham?
Old 04-09-2018, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm calling for a complete and total BOYCOTT of this tour! No money to these brats!
More effective to go to the show with
goat shirts and boo the whole time.

Wonder what she'd think if she saw the
front row filled with goat shirts? Would
she get it?
Old 04-09-2018, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=iamnotafraid;1222042]More effective to go to the show with
goat shirts and boo the whole time.

Wonder what she'd think if she saw the
front row filled with goat shirts? Would
she get it?[/QUOTE

No, that would be cruel and uncalled for. It's a much stonger statement to just refuse to buy a ticket and sit this one out.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

No, that would be cruel and uncalled for. It's a much stonger statement to just refuse to buy a ticket and sit this one out.
That was Alec's idea.

They weren't going to get my money anyway.
Though if I were forced to pick, I'd pick team
Buckingham.