Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default "Eight Miles High"

Has anyone seen this film? It's about the life story of the very woman (Uschi Obermaier) who seduced Peter Green (along with Danny Kirwan) to come to their mansion of debauchery in Munich 3/70. I rented this movie (on instant) through Netflix on a whim, because the synopsis was interesting. However in the back of my mind I was wondering why I heard or read of her. I stopped the movie halfway, and wikipedia'd the name. I'm not surprised it's about a pure opportunist with only self interest involved. She was a part of that Commune 1 from Berlin in the late 60's.

From the "Man of the World" documentary, John McVie still doesn't know who "ruined" Peter Green's life (from McVie's perspective). Someone needs to fire off an e-mail that the two people who invited Peter Green to their mansion that night were Uschi Obermaier, and Rainer Langhans, her commune boyfriend.

Last edited by slipkid; 01-24-2009 at 08:38 AM..
Old 01-24-2009, 07:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What do you think of the movie then? Recommend it?
Does it include the party with Peter? And are there any actors playing Peter, Danny etc ?

Always heard she was a beauty, and a quick search confirmed it... She's gorgeous!
Old 01-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven View Post
What do you think of the movie then? Recommend it?
Does it include the party with Peter? And are there any actors playing Peter, Danny etc ?

Always heard she was a beauty, and a quick search confirmed it... She's gorgeous!

I've still not finished the movie, went to bed (now 2/3rds through), but I'd recommend it. The actress is just as gorgeous as Uschi! Unfortunately the Peter Green story wasn't important enough to include since Uschi hung out with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. I'm up to 1973 in the film, so I don't think they cover it. However the guy they have playing Richards is dead on casting!
Old 01-24-2009, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It sounds interesting! I saw the trailer and some screen shots at the web site for the movie. I'm gonna check this one out.
I came to think of the 1968 film "Performance", feat. Mick Jagger and Anita Pallenberg (Keith Richards' ex-girlfriend). That movie is absolutely brilliant! And Anita is hot!!!
(However, I saw some recent photos of her, and at an age of 64 she sadly looks more like 80... guess heroin addiction has taken its toll. )
Old 01-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I'm a year late on this one...

Here's the original thread where this info is revealed:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?p=744226
Old 01-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It sounds interesting! I saw the trailer and some screen shots at the web site for the movie. I'm gonna check this one out.
I came to think of the 1968 film "Performance", feat. Mick Jagger and Anita Pallenberg (Keith Richards' ex-girlfriend). That movie is absolutely brilliant! And Anita is hot!!!
(However, I saw some recent photos of her, and at an age of 64 she sadly looks more like 80... guess heroin addiction has taken its toll. )

Have you seen the movie "Stoned"? It's about the so called "murder" of Brian Jones by his laborer/carpenter who apparently confessed about the crime on his deathbed several years ago. Monet Mazur plays Anita Pallenberg in the movie, WOW. I know the real Anita was hot, but I remember seeing pictures of her in the late 70's and she looked like a corpse even then. Keith Richards has a way of sucking the life out of people, just look at Gram Parsons.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's great to have an update, Slipkid!
I didn't know the film was out.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
Have you seen the movie "Stoned"? It's about the so called "murder" of Brian Jones by his laborer/carpenter who apparently confessed about the crime on his deathbed several years ago. Monet Mazur plays Anita Pallenberg in the movie, WOW. I know the real Anita was hot, but I remember seeing pictures of her in the late 70's and she looked like a corpse even then. Keith Richards has a way of sucking the life out of people, just look at Gram Parsons.
No I haven't ... yet! Monet is an excellent choice to play Anita.

I saw the Stones in 2007, and Keith looked a bit tired...............................
But he smiled a lot, and seemed to enjoy himself.
Jagger on the other hand... what a guy!!! Seeing him at 64 (then) running around the stage, doing his "aerobics" and dancing... for the whole show!
Old 01-24-2009, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I saw the Stones in 2007, and Keith looked a bit tired...............................
But he smiled a lot, and seemed to enjoy himself.
Jagger on the other hand... what a guy!!! Seeing him at 64 (then) running around the stage, doing his "aerobics" and dancing... for the whole show!
I saw them on opening night (Washington D.C.) for the Voodoo Lounge tour '94. The highlight was when they dusted off 'Monkey Man', did they ever play that live before? I remember the first time I heard 'Let it Bleed' how that song blew me away. In retrospect that tour is considered one of their best in the past 30 years. I had terrible seats under the warped overhang of R.F.K. stadium. I was high up on the left side of the stage I didn't see Charlie Watts the entire night. It was still worth the experience.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw them in Oslo, Norway. They did "Monkey Man" too!
Another highlight was "Paint It, Black".

Charlie Watts btw is one of THE great drummers!''

(Sorry if I turned this thread into a Rolling Stones discussion haha)