The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just like many others, I am keen to learn the track-listing for Stevie's upcoming album, but I wonder if it's even been finalised as yet? We know 16 titles were recorded, mixed and mastered for consideration, but I imagine only 13 or 14 might make the final cut, with the remainder possibly turning up as bonus tracks via ITunes/Amazon.com or deluxe editions.
As impatient as I am for details, I guess I need to remember just how quickly this album has come together. I just hope the projected October (not November please!) release eventuates.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:35 AM
Registered

If I remember correctly 'In Your Dreams' had a few songs almost (or over) 6 minutes long. Maybe 16 songs will make the album
Old 07-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Just like many others, I am keen to learn the track-listing for Stevie's upcoming album, but I wonder if it's even been finalised as yet? We know 16 titles were recorded, mixed and mastered for consideration, but I imagine only 13 or 14 might make the final cut, with the remainder possibly turning up as bonus tracks via ITunes/Amazon.com or deluxe editions.
As impatient as I am for details, I guess I need to remember just how quickly this album has come together. I just hope the projected October (not November please!) release eventuates.
16 tracks, or even 14 tracks on vinyl, will require a double album if the pressing is to be of any quality. IYD would have required a double vinyl release as well - but then again - double vinyl is very common these days. If there is a vinyl release, and they try to cram 16 tracks onto a single record, it will be a no-buy for me. More than 44 minutes on vinyl requires sound distortion, which completely defeats the purpose of a quality vinyl release.

I'm hoping for a 16 song CD, and double LP vinyl w/CD release. I do not want to be screwed into buying three copies of this album (CD, deluxe CD and vinyl) so I hope the standard CD/deluxe CD route is completely skipped in favor of all the tracks on a single CD and one 2LP vinyl package. I don't do digital downloads anymore, so I am not particular about what options are in that format.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 07-22-2014, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
16 tracks, or even 14 tracks on vinyl, will require a double album if the pressing is to be of any quality. IYD would have required a double vinyl release as well - but then again - double vinyl is very common these days. If there is a vinyl release, and they try to cram 16 tracks onto a single record, it will be a no-buy for me. More than 44 minutes on vinyl requires sound distortion, which completely defeats the purpose of a quality vinyl release.
Agreed. And it if is released on vinyl (fingers crossed that Dave wasn't just "speculating") then I don't see why they wouldn't do it as a double vinyl LP. They did it for "Crystal Visions".

My advice to vinyl collectors such as myself is SNATCH IT UP once it's released. I have a gut feeling that the vinyl version will be a limited pressing. You can't even go on Amazon or eBay these days without "Crystal Visions" commanding $250 brand new or $130 used.
That's cray!
Old 07-22-2014, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Agreed. And it if is released on vinyl (fingers crossed that Dave wasn't just "speculating") then I don't see why they wouldn't do it as a double vinyl LP. They did it for "Crystal Visions".

My advice to vinyl collectors such as myself is SNATCH IT UP once it's released. I have a gut feeling that the vinyl version will be a limited pressing. You can't even go on Amazon or eBay these days without "Crystal Visions" commanding $250 brand new or $130 used.
That's cray!
Vinyl prices through online sellers are almost scandalous. Seriously.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 07-22-2014, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They would be smart to release a limited pressing on vinyl of "24 Karat Gold". Here in Denver at one of the few remaining & very popular music stores Twist & Shout, local news did a piece very recently on the resurgence of vinyl & interviewed the manager/owner of Twist & Shout who said their vinyl sales have recently topped their CD sales. I was sorta surprised, but I guess it makes sense, and come to think of it my last purchase there was used vinyl. They feature a huge section of new & used vinyl in a big room away from the CD & DVD area. And they always feature new release vinyl at the front of the store.

Last edited by Christopher; 07-22-2014 at 07:03 PM..
Old 07-22-2014, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
They would be smart to release a limited pressing on vinyl of "24 Karat Gold". Here in Denver at one of the few remaining & very popular music stores Twist & Shout, local news did a piece very recently on the ressurgence of vinyl & interviewed the manager/owner of Twist & Shout who said their vinyl sales have recently topped their CD sales. I was sorta surprised, but I guess it makes sense, and come to think of it my last purchase their was used vinyl. They feature a huge section of new & used vinyl in a big room away from the CD & DVD area. And they always feature new release vinyl at the front of the store.
Great store. I'm not at all surprised at the vinyl resurgence. it seems to me to be, essentially, a hipster backlash at the constantly-on-the-go inferior sound quality of digital files. I would never have believed it, had it not been for the 2011 purchase of a real home stereo system with floor speakers, which only served to demonstrate how much like garbage digital files sound when not played through headphones. CDs are nice but the 'loudness wars' (google it) have somewhat tarnished the artistry of music on CD format - depending on the mastering engineer. So, I mostly listen to vinyl these days, unless I am in the car. The vinyl format doesn't allow for the same mastering techniques used on CDs, and often sounds more real and in-the-room.

Twist & Shout has an amazing selection, but I am learning that if you don't buy on the day of release, some titles are going to double and triple in price very quickly when you have to resort to eBay sellers or third-party Amazon merchants, because demand for vinyl is growing at a greater rate than than record labels are willing to produce.

I buy almost every album I purchase on vinyl. The best releases also include a CD. If not, I'll sometimes buy both. Otherwise I decide "Is this a sit down album or a car-only album?" and purchase a single copy accordingly. Stevie is one of those artists that I buy both formats, no matter what. I was pretty disappionted that In Your Dreams did not get the vinyl treatment.

Contrary to Stevie's belief, there are *plenty* of dope smoking people laying on the floor listening to actual, 12" vinyl records.

Last edited by KarmaContestant; 07-22-2014 at 03:14 PM..
Old 07-22-2014, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
They would be smart to release a limited pressing on vinyl of "24 Karat Gold". Here in Denver at one of the few remaining & very popular music stores Twist & Shout, local news did a piece very recently on the resurgence of vinyl & interviewed the manager/owner of Twist & Shout who said their vinyl sales have recently topped their CD sales.
It's happening worldwide. I heard a report last week that said that while musical downloads and cd sales have dropped, vinyl sales have risen.

Michele
Old 07-22-2014, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

On a bit of a side note is Dave shooting HIS own commercials in the yard of Stevie's "big house"???

It looks like Stevie's pool to me...http://t.co/0ZqBgSOtHr

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 07-22-2014 at 05:59 PM..
Old 07-22-2014, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
I think so too.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
On a bit of a side note is Dave shooting HIS own commercials in the yard of Stevie's "big house"???

That is definitely Stevie's pool! I hope he filmed footage of his commercial at the same time they filmed a new video from "24 Karat Gold" to promote a new single
Unless, of course, he used old footage culled from the IYDs "Wide Sargasso Sea" or "Moonlight" videos!?
Old 07-22-2014, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It's happening worldwide. I heard a report last week that said that while musical downloads and cd sales have dropped, vinyl sales have risen.
Yup! So far this year, vinyl sales are up something like 40% over the same period in 2013.

I'm in my mid-30s, and grew up listening exclusively to CDs. But now, for me, it's all vinyl, which conveniently come with an included digital download. Here in New York, record stores are everywhere, but it's at times hard to track down an actual CD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post

That's cray!
SO cray. With some pluck and luck, I finally was able to snag a new copy on vinyl for $70. I gotta say, it's pretty awesome to hear Sorcerer and POTU on vinyl, with a real sound system. Which makes me SO excited that 24K is being released on vinyl. I entirely agree that it will be double LP, high-quality pressing. Now if only we can get a confirmed track list!
Old 07-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
Actually it's more than just a rekindled interest in vinyl as a lot of artists are going back to TAPE in the studio...Digital doesn't come into play until it's time to master for CD or iTunes...

Stevie's adopted band (Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers) new album "Hypnotic Eye" will be available on vinyl as a 180 gram double album... TP & The Heartbreaker's Benmont Tench's recent debut solo record "You Should Be So Lucky" is a complete analog project (Also a 180 gram double album)...There's an interview Benmont did where he talks about the finer point's of Tape/vinyl versus digital You Should Be So Lucky...

Since "Double Albums" seem to be popular there's no reason why Stevie shouldn't join the club... Additionally since it seems Lindsey is always striving for a great sound perhaps they should be looking at the new FM record being an all analog project...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 07-22-2014 at 07:58 PM..
Old 07-22-2014, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder what Stevie makes of Benmont Tench having worked with Glyn Johns on his solo album? Then again, maybe she has forgiven Glyn and after a period of introspection, determined that the conflict between them was all her fault. Yes that must be it...
Old 07-22-2014, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Woah. Crystal Visions goes for that much? I bought ours in 2012 for 29 dollars new/sealed on ebay.

... The bidding will start at $150. Any takers?
Just a dream, just a dream.