The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:58 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Ithaca M&G info? Anyone have any?

Just wondering if anyone has any info? Is the M&G before or after? I know I can call the theatre and I will..but just trying to see if there is info here. How is the parking around the venue? Anything else to know? DH is going by himself this time..do you think they will allow him in with a small sling pack (man purse..lol)?
Old 06-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisol View Post
Just wondering if anyone has any info? Is the M&G before or after? I know I can call the theatre and I will..but just trying to see if there is info here. How is the parking around the venue? Anything else to know? DH is going by himself this time..do you think they will allow him in with a small sling pack (man purse..lol)?

i guess it would depend on the venue, but i went to several LB shows in very different venues with a backpack and nobody ever said anything.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

I am going to this show and am coming from Canada. I am going alone and am undecided about what to get signed. I have the OOTC Vinyl and a mint Buckinngham Nicks LP single. I would love to get both signed. I am presuming that the meet and greet is after the show.

Matt
Old 06-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just emailed them for info so hopefully I will hear back soon.

Matt
Old 06-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
I just emailed them for info so hopefully I will hear back soon.
some tidbits i found out so far (not for Ithaca though):
  • you need to bring your own camera (duh) but the security personnel will take your photo w/ Lindsey if you want one (annoying!! i'd much rather have a friend take a photo for me)
  • only one item per person to be signed (i guess that's if you want anything to be signed?)
  • seems that most m&gs will take place after the show but stop by the box office before the show to pick up your credentials
  • stay seated after the show and security personnel will direct you where (and when?) to go to wherever m&g is taking place.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Junior Ledgie

I emailed the venue and I guess they forwarded to Dan Smalls (Dan Smalls Presents) and he emailed this to me:

The meet and greet will be after the show. I am sure the pack with camera is OK as long as it is stowed until the M & G. There are a few garages and plenty of street parking within a few blocks. The doors open at 7:30 and the shows starts at 8:30 sharp.

dan

Please post what info you get. I didn't even think to ask if we need to pick up a backstage pass or anything?? So when we arrive for the concert we should go to the box office?

And this is the reply when I asked if there are any passes we need to pick up:

there is not backstage access unless thats where LB's tour manager decides to hold the M and G - We will be checking tickets - they are marked differently before the meeting.

Hope this helps people going to this concert. Again, please post what info you receive.

Last edited by Marisol; 06-03-2012 at 09:37 AM..
Old 06-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got the same message from Dan Small as well. I was looking at comments from users about the venue and they are pretty negative. I didn't realize there was a bar in the back of the theater and from the comments allot of people were upset that they allowed patrons to get sloshed and then those people yelled and screamed all through the concerts. I hope the crowd is a little more polite at this show.

Mat

Last edited by Nicks Fan; 06-03-2012 at 08:47 PM..
Old 06-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hated the theater, loved the Bryan Adams concert. This theater has torn seats, is pretty old.. and worst of all has a bar indoors. people drink and people shout and make it a rotten experience for you. the lady behind us was completely sloshed.... kept shouting and making noises in the middle of the song, that you would not like to hear... it ruined the experience for us.... but whatever...photography was banned, but most people recorded the entire show, shot snaps, it was annoying... i was there to see Bryan Adams and not some stupid drunk female... would i recommend... NO WAY!!!!

I agree with the previous post...we left a Moe concert due to the drunk patrons and dangerous conditions...older usher did nothing to control the crowd - aisles were blocked, smoking was rampant and worst of all, as it is a theater, children were present - including babies..State needs to reset their priorities or at least not sell beers 2-3 at a time.

I Have been to several shows and I love the atmosphere. If you want a beautiful 1920's theater you have to come and see this. The performers are amazing and the staff incredibly helpful. I look forward to my nights out when we go to The State

They had a bar inside the actual theater during last night's John Prine concert. There was continuous loud talking that ruined the warm-up show, and the ushers did nothing.

Last edited by Nicks Fan; 06-03-2012 at 08:51 PM..
Old 06-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

show preview:

http://www.ithaca.com/arts_and_enter...a4bcf887a.html

Home Arts & Entertainment
Encore: Fred Eaglesmith & Lindsey Buckingham

Jeremy Cowart / © 2011
Lindsey Buckingham

Posted: Wednesday, June 6, 2012 12:00 am
By Luke Z. Fenchel

No one likes a pencil pusher, especially in pop music. Rockers aren’t expected to play well with others; and when they do it’s a bit of a letdown, like learning that the former front man for Poison is really good at Celebrity Apprentice. Stop for a moment and recall your rock heroes: there’s nothing hotter than a musical iconoclast. Two artists known for the independence stop through town this week, and you’d be well advised to catch them if you can. Just don’t expect to pin them down.

Just as independent-minded is Lindsey Buckingham, the former guitarist of Fleetwood Mac, who will stop by the State Theatre Friday, June 8 for an intimate solo show; doors are at 7:30 p.m. with a show at 8:30 p.m., and tickets are $29.50-$46.50.

Part of Buckingham’s appeal is his restraint: a rocker’s Terrence Malick, he has released six albums in thirty years. Each is characterized by highly stylized complex arrangements that can appear almost Zen-like in tone. His 1981 debut Law and Order deployed a single idea for each song, and each was both structured and textured with guitar.

Another aspect of why he’s so sexy is how he expresses himself. He tends to say things like “over time it has become increasingly vital to express more with less,” and “As I’ve grown as an artist, I’ve gotten more and more in touch with my center, and that center is voice and guitar.”
Somehow Buckingham doesn’t have a guitarist’s disregard for lyrics. On “Seeds We Sow,” for instance, he sings “sweet things, pretty things are dying / in the penny arcades of Edgar Allen Poe,” and makes a political song sound both grounded and profound.

In his intimate-one-man show, Buckingham will showcase his distinctive finger-picking style and instantly recognizable voice in his usual awe inspiring form, captivating his audience with songs from his recent album as well as performing a combination of favorites from his previous solo albums, along with a variety of Fleetwood Mac classics.

“I’ve been thinking of doing this kind of tour for a while, and am quite excited to be doing something new, something outside my comfort zone,” he said.