User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
girlpower, i like that. right order too, McVie as president!
LOL - actually, I had it wrong. I just looked at a photo of it again and Nicks is first.

Stevie for President!!!
Old 04-15-2015, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
LOL - actually, I had it wrong. I just looked at a photo of it again and Nicks is first.

Stevie for President!!!
see now that would be worrisome!

glad you had such great time Jamie!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2015, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for the videos, Jamie. Great stuff!

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 04-15-2015, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

cool videos! thanks for sharing.

Looks like the backdrop on Gypsy is like the video (old sepia-toned city)
Old 04-15-2015, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Looks like the backdrop on Gypsy is like the video (old sepia-toned city)
Yeah, it's really cool. When Stevie twirls at the end of the song, they project her onto the screen and it sort of recreates the scene in the video where she's dancing in the rain.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:29 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default well

great videos... minus the horrible background singing drowning Stevie out LOL
Old 04-16-2015, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
girlpower, i like that. right order too, McVie as president!
Duh!!!! lol
Old 04-16-2015, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane View Post
great videos... minus the horrible background singing drowning Stevie out LOL
Wasn't me! LOL - I just mouthed the words while shooting.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.examiner.com/review/fleet...-last-l-a-show

The Examiner

Fleetwood Mac Returns to the Forum For One Last L.A Show, April 16, 2015

***** 5 stars

Fleetwood Mac returned to the Forum last night for the 5th and final show in Los Angeles of their On With The Show Tour which started September 30th 2014. The tour included 3 dates at the Forum between November and December and 1 in Anaheim. By popular demand another 2 shows were added for April 11 and 14. With the exception of two makeup dates this was the final U.S. show. The band will continue to tour throughout 2015 in Europe.

The setlist seemed to be the same throughout the tour with “The Chain” being the opener, which was perfect because of how it starts out slow and calm and then as lights hit the stage, the show becomes full production. Fleetwood Mac played an entire 23 songs covering all the hits from rock songs to ballads. As Stevie Nicks stated she had said at the beginning of the tour “And welcome back Christine McVie.” Now after months and months of touring all of the U.S. it feels as though McVie had never left the band.

After “The Chain,” the band went into a Christine McVie song “You Make Loving Fun,” followed by a Stevie Nicks song “Dreams.”Lindsey Buckingham took lead on the next song “Second Hand News.” For an entire 23 songs, there were very few the crowd wasn’t familiar with if any at all. If there’s one band to sell out 5 shows at the Forum, it’s Fleetwood Mac. More hits continued with “Rhiannon,” “Everywhere,” “Tusk.” Tusk was one of the big highlights with John McVie’s walking bass line, Mick Fleetwood’s drumming, and the combined vocals of Nicks, McVie, and Buckingham. When it was time for“Big Love” the band left the stage leaving Buckingham solo , and all by himself Buckingham took over and blew everyone away especially with his incredible guitar skills.

Stevie Nicks returned for “Landslide” which was performed as a duet of her and Buckingham on acoustic guitar. As always they performed in such a beautiful way. Some of the more softer songs came towards the end with “Gypsy,” “Little Lies,”and “Gold Dust Woman,” but brought out the energetic “Go Your Own Way,” to end their set before a double encore.

The first encore started with “World Turning,” which let Mick Fleetwood take over the stage for one of his famous solos where he does call and repeat with the audience and sampled parts of Buckingham’s vocals with his electronic drums. The band walked back out to end the song, and followed with another song that had everyone moving “Don’t Stop.” The band ended the first encore with a much more mellow song “Silver Springs.” The band walked off the stage once again, but didn’t leave without one final song “Songbird.” A grand piano came up from the stage for Christine McVie to play just for the one song, and it was a great song to end with. For the final time the band walked off the stage , but Mick Fleetwood stuck around to thank the audience and was so gracious for all who attended. For the near 2.5 hours of the show, the band was 100% beginning to end.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

By Anthony Marks, April 16, 2015

http://lamusicblog.com/2015/04/revie...mac-the-forum/

Show Review: Fleetwood Mac @ The Forum Fleetwood Mac is back

Several of the members who contributed to Fleetwood Mac’s classic albums, including the legendary Rumours, and subsequent commercial success had gone their own way over the years, but after years of separation (and a little animosity), these hit-makers got over their differences and now Fleetwood Mac is back and gigging extensively. If their performance at The Forum Tuesday night is any indication, they may now be even better than ever.

Initially, I was a bit skeptical of Fleetwood Mac’s touring and the reasons why they decided to put aside their differences and reunite as the musical family they once were. I mean, c’mon — this band went through A LOT of turmoil over publishing, collaborations, personal affairs, etc. After hearing and reading about this for years, it was hard to see the integrity behind their reformation. Some people (myself included) might have wondered, “Are they doing this JUST for money?” The answer is simply “No.” My assumption was wrong. The entire band had the venue jazzed from beginning to end, and that energy can’t be motivated by money alone.

Lead singer Lindsey Buckingham danced through his guitar solos and really felt the music he was playing. Stevie Nicks looked and acted like the beautiful witch she always wanted to look and act like. There was no shortage of twirling and dancing, and the crowd loved it. I, for one, was under her spell. Thank God the spell was one of love, my favorite kind of hippie-witch spell.

Not only was everyone from the classic lineup on stage and rocking, they looked happy to be there. Even Christine McVie, who left in 1998 and didn’t return until last year, was enjoying every second. McVie is the voice you hear on songs like “Don’t Stop,” “Little Lies,” and “You Make Loving Fun” — a vital part of the band, indeed. For the first time in almost 20 years, the members seem to feel camaraderie in their dysfunctional musical family.

The group consistently talked of Los Angeles being their home and reason for success. We all loved hearing that. It’s almost as if the crowd felt the need to celebrate. There was a hint of LA pride in the air, which is rare, but refreshing, and the audience was interacting from the first note. Many in the crowd even looked like they should’ve been in the band, which shows Fleetwood Mac’s influence both musically and stylistically. Stevie Nicks wannabes were everywhere, but it was kinda cute.

Fleetwood Mac plowed through the hits and played them well. Many of the pop songs we grew up loving were extended into Phish-style jams, which was a welcomed and appreciated surprise to many, especially considering the group’s (generally) poppy approach to music. Personally, I loved it. Always a good time watching fellow musicians improvising and enjoying their set.

At times Buckingham would harmonize with the female vocalists behind him and at other times we were treated to just his guitar and Stevie Nicks. When they played “Landslide,” you could hear a pin drop. Bassist John McVie (yes, he was married to Christine McVie) was solid and kept the backbone of the band strong. The most interesting part of the show, though, and something I thought to be quite special was Mick Fleetwood’s drum solo. It was long and climbed with intensity to a point where he started chanting, yielding an uproarious response from all of us in the audience.

Between certain songs, Buckingham and Nicks would tell stories of how they met, how a song was written, and even their extensive drug use. It was a perfect passage to the next tune, and the show’s momentum never wavered. Buckingham’s vocals attacked the microphone like his fingers did the guitar. The guy is impressive, but like everyone else in Fleetwood Mac, he needs the others to bring out the best in any song.

Despite the band members’ median age being 70, they played like it was their first (or last) show. Not only was it better than I thought it’d be, it was one of the best live shows I’ve ever seen. After reforming and sounding so damn good, how can you stop? They can’t stop. They won’t stop (thinking about tomorrow). Get it? I thought it was clever.

I hope the politics within Fleetwood Mac no longer interfere with their progression because a show like the one they delivered at The Forum Tuesday night is good for everyone, including them!
Old 04-17-2015, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Fleetwood Mac plowed through the hits and played them well. Many of the pop songs we grew up loving were extended into Phish-style jams, which was a welcomed and appreciated surprise to many, especially considering the group’s (generally) poppy approach to music.
Well, I'm glad he noticed this, but a little upset that he doesn't know it pre-dates Phish.

Michele
Old 04-17-2015, 11:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Jamie, thanks very much for sharing these great videos! I was also at the show that night and these are great memories of a fantastic concert.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

I am a bit late getting to post about my experience at the show on April 14th. It was my first time sitting on the floor for an FM show and I had a great time. I was in Row 2 of Section A, so was closest to Christine, which was a new vantage point for me. One thing I never noticed before was how Stevie and Christine join hands when the lights are still down as The Chain is starting. Total girl power!!

The band seemed to be in such great spirits and really happy to be in each others company. I think it was one of the most satisfying live FM shows I have seen and left me feeling optimistic that there will be future concert opportunities.

I also ended up being in a really fun part of the audience, with everyone letting others around them stand, dance or sit down as they pleased. It was just a really good vibe all around.

I brought my Canon camera this time and got some decent close up shots. They ended up being mostly of Stevie since I could not seem to get good clear shots of Lindsey. Also got some good ones of Christine and John. There was one moment during the band introductions when Stevie made a kissing expression as Mick introduced Christine. I got a picture of it and its one of my favorites. I also got one of Stevie at the end of Silver Springs with her eyes closed and her hands outstretched. She has such a peaceful expression on her face which made a nice end to the evening (and the tour leg) for me. Another great FM memory that will stay with me always...

Here is the Flikr link to my pictures from that night. Hope you enjoy them:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125906...7652012148912/
Old 04-18-2015, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa W View Post
I did enjoy your pics and your review and was most impressed with the very last picture because you managed to capture that moment that Stevie entered a time machine into the past.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
http://www.examiner.com/review/fleet...-last-l-a-show

The Examiner

Fleetwood Mac Returns to the Forum For One Last L.A Show, April 16, 2015
Good God. After reading this thing, I wanted to pull the taffy out of my head. Is this the old Herald Examiner? It's hard to believe that its criticism has sunk to this level—this is infantile junk. Was it written by a 13-year-old? The great Ken Tucker wrote so incisively about Fleetwood Mac in 1980 in this same publication, and now the pseudo-reviewing has sunk to this "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" level? Beyond sad.

moviekinks.blogspot.com