User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Junior Ledgie

Smile All good thing about the early Fm here

Let's give it it shot

this early Fm setup & even when he was playing at Mayalls band was all genius right?...
Love' yall folks
Old 07-15-2010, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Welcome to the Ledge
Old 07-24-2010, 03:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, welcome here katsoek. You can also have a look in the archives (bottom page to the right), if you need a brush up on former discussions

Ms Moose

Last edited by Ms Moose; 07-24-2010 at 03:19 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 07-24-2010, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation welome to the ledge

the folks here are pretty forgiving and mostly tolerant

then theres what happened to poor SNOOT
Old 07-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
the folks here are pretty forgiving and mostly tolerant

then theres what happened to poor SNOOT
What did happen to poor Snoot? I gave up following the sometimes lenghty disputes and discussions - but then there was a showdown of some sort because of differnces of opions about who was "best" danny Kirwan or Peter Green? Am I close to the truth (or near enough?)

Ms Moose
Old 07-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't get the "poor" word here..??

Yes, Snoot made a statement that Peter couldn't play much after Danny joined, and that Danny was a much better player than Peter, doing most of the guitar solos because Peter had become a mental wreck at 1968-9.

Snoot didn't have any bootleg records from 1970 which show that Peter eclipsed Clapton and most others. Snoot said he didn't need to hear them..
He spoke of Peter in a much insulting way calling him "flotsam", and was not supportive of his recent comeback.

Snoot made these stupid posts, and talking in circles, preaching about how much greater Danny was and what a wreck Peter was. I respect other's oppinions, and I understand that Snoot is a Danny Kirwan fan.

So am I!!

But those statements are plain stupid! And they can't be posted at a Peter Green forum without reactions! I'm sure Snoot reads this. And I am sure he will participate on the Ledge, whenever he feels like it. He did participate later on The Ledge forum on other threads, and I spoke with him friendly and he was treated with respect.

-Daniel
Old 07-26-2010, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven View Post
I don't get the "poor" word here..??

Yes, Snoot made a statement that Peter couldn't play much after Danny joined, and that Danny was a much better player than Peter, doing most of the guitar solos because Peter had become a mental wreck at 1968-9.

Snoot didn't have any bootleg records from 1970 which show that Peter eclipsed Clapton and most others. Snoot said he didn't need to hear them..
He spoke of Peter in a much insulting way calling him "flotsam", and was not supportive of his recent comeback.

Snoot made these stupid posts, and talking in circles, preaching about how much greater Danny was and what a wreck Peter was. I respect other's oppinions, and I understand that Snoot is a Danny Kirwan fan.

So am I!!

But those statements are plain stupid! And they can't be posted at a Peter Green forum without reactions! I'm sure Snoot reads this. And I am sure he will participate on the Ledge, whenever he feels like it. He did participate later on The Ledge forum on other threads, and I spoke with him friendly and he was treated with respect.

-Daniel

You are the best Daniel!

I don't remember Snoot being THAT bad. I just remember banging my head against the wall after reading his responses to my posts. When he had his brief "return", he wasn't as combative. Actually Snoot was the best thing to happen to these forums, it was fun to call him at his own game. If I had to guess Snoot was an original post Peter Green fan that discovered the band when "Kiln House" was released. If Danny Kirwan was the first guitarist you had heard from this band, how could you not like him? He could still play blues guitar miles around Lindsay, and Bob. Kirwan just couldn't match up to one of the greatest electric guitar players ever (I'm on a Peter Green forum, shoot me) So I think he defends that '70-'72 period as if it was a special time in his youth.

Myself OTOH discovered FM back wards. I had the 1988 GH CD I purchased in 1990 (after hearing the '75 and beyond band endlessly on radio). I discovered Peter Green through a John Mayall 2 CD collection in 1995. I bought "PG's FM Live at the BBC" in '97. I stupidly used the JS Elmore James-esque songs as turn offs, and didn't investigate the true leader of the band at the time. I also didn't pay more attention to Danny Kirwan. Thanks to a friend, who played the BBC collection I showed him first, it all came back over two years ago. Since 1997, there was the Blue Horizon box set, Shrine '69, three volumes of Live in Boston, The Vaudeville Years, Show-Biz Blues, and Jumping at Shadows. Without that material available in 1997, only the first three studio albums/English Rose, and Live in Chicago would've been my outlet. I'm glad I waited for a much bigger picture. Now with Youtube, everything is out there. If I had heard Peter Green in his prime when I was eighteen, I wouldn't have wasted my time with Eric Clapton, and Jimmy Page. I would also have more appreciation today for Jeff Beck, and David Gilmour.

--------------------

Since I've probably scared away Jeremy Spencer (I'm really sorry about that), but Viv Fox unearthed a Kiln House interview where Spencer compared The Peter Green era of Fleetwood Mac as the Denny Laine Moody Blues!?!? I couldn't walk on eggshells anymore. As much as I respect him as a performer, and consummate blues slide guitar player, the wrong guitarist left in May 1970. In some way Jeremy Spencer played two sides of the coin very well, and I did remove that post within 24 hours.

Last edited by slipkid; 07-27-2010 at 07:35 AM..