Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastelGravel View Post
What's your tumblr name?
http://wild-eyed-in-my-misery.tumblr.com/
Old 10-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS..

That Ashley's parents went away to California last Thursday...and the first couple days we didnt do much...since my mom was in the hospital and I went to visit her everyday. We went to our town's Homecoming football game..then Saturday my mom came home from the hospital(YAY)...then that night we had a party...had a few friends over and had some drinks...well as the night went on..for some reason Jimmy got wicked mad at Katie and they started fighting(their not even dating lol) and Sarah and Michael were sleeping so it was just me and ashley trying to mediate them...THEN Jimmy wanted to go home even tho he was in no shape to drive...we tried for over an hour to make him not drive but he wasnt having it...So we just let him go....Katie, Ashley, and I finally went to bed at 6am and woke up at 10:30am....Ashley went to work 11-5...then the 5 of us(plus michael's friend) went to Spooky World...and partied again....Yesterday was a slooooow moving day lmao Today we're just cleaning up and stuff....Ashley's parents come home tmrw

Needless to say it was a sucessful week by ourselves lol

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 10-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

^^^I know I don't know you that well...but I would just like to say I am so glad your Mom came through her surgery with flying colors. . Get well soon Caitlin's Mama!

Last edited by gretchen; 10-11-2011 at 12:10 PM..
Old 10-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchen View Post
^^^I know I don't know you that well...but I would just like to say I am so glad your Mom came through her surgery with flying colors. . Get well soon Caitlin's Mama!
Thanks Gretchen! Shes on the mend and doing VERY well!! She gets the staples taken out in 10 days

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 10-12-2011, 04:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Anyone of you guys studying law?
It's just the beginning of my second year and i feel like i'm dying. It's really hard to try to become someone. Sometimes i'm wondering if this was the good road for me. God, i feel like such a teenager. Can't wait to be 30 !

And, JTIS, glad that everyone's doing better here .
Old 10-12-2011, 07:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
Can't wait to be 30 !
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'll be 30 next year and I'm actually terribly excited about it. You always hear about how hard it is cresting that hill, but I couldn't feel more differently. I'm looking forward to the adventure! I guess I'm one of those people who always thinks the best stuff is yet to come (vs some people who only look backwards and wish to reclaim memories).
Old 10-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'll be 30 next year and I'm actually terribly excited about it. You always hear about how hard it is cresting that hill, but I couldn't feel more differently. I'm looking forward to the adventure! I guess I'm one of those people who always thinks the best stuff is yet to come (vs some people who only look backwards and wish to reclaim memories).
I'm far from being one of those "OMG high school was the best time of my life!" people, but I was not terribly excited about 30. Also, everyone treats that like it's the landmark (there's another word but I just woke up and can't think of it) birthday, but 31 and 32 stung more than 30. Especially when I discovered that I'm no longer being carded for alcohol. I don't even drink that much, but for a while I would order some every time I went out to a restaurant just to see if they would card me (they never did). They didn't even card me at the liquor store when I went to buy some Di Saronno to make amaretto bread pudding. I was really offended over that one - I even started to ask the guy if he wanted to see my ID but then I thought that might seem pathetic.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Five new pairs of underwear and I'm good to go.
Cotton is king.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I should be doing college work but i'm watching Annie Lennox videos. I'm telling myself it's all in the name of research. lol.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
I'm far from being one of those "OMG high school was the best time of my life!" people, but I was not terribly excited about 30. Also, everyone treats that like it's the landmark (there's another word but I just woke up and can't think of it) birthday, but 31 and 32 stung more than 30. Especially when I discovered that I'm no longer being carded for alcohol. I don't even drink that much, but for a while I would order some every time I went out to a restaurant just to see if they would card me (they never did). They didn't even card me at the liquor store when I went to buy some Di Saronno to make amaretto bread pudding. I was really offended over that one - I even started to ask the guy if he wanted to see my ID but then I thought that might seem pathetic.
Getting carded for everything can be a big pain after awhile! I still get asked for my ID when I buy Mature rated Video games, R- rated movies, and cold meds!! I'm 37!!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild-heart View Post
I should be doing college work but i'm watching Annie Lennox videos. I'm telling myself it's all in the name of research. lol.
I can think of far worse ways to spend an afternoon

JTIS. People with their holier than thou attitudes regarding my financial situation really get on my nerves. Yes, I'm allowing myself to get into debt because of my education. No. I don't have a job. But people stop listening right there. They don't listen to the next part of the story. I'm in debt because I'm from a poor working class family. My parents are disabled and cannot work, and thus we have very little by the way of income. So there is no way they could afford to put me through years of a Degree course. And I don't have a job because as well as working so hard that I often have to go without sleep, I am a carer for my father. I am at his constant beck and call because of his ill health and his inability to do much for himself. He's been house bound for years. And no, I don't surround myself with the latest luxuries. I don't have an iPad, Credit Card, widescreen TV, Stereo Sound System, Car ( I walk or use public transportation), own home (I live with my parents who live in a council run home) or any source of real financial security. I don't sponge off of the system. I buy the bare necessities. People don't generally hear any of that. They just hear that I'm a student living off of student loans. To them that translates into lazy. Thank you, ignorant people of Facebook for ruining my mood. Why must everything be so hideously black and white?

Some people really need to think before opening their god damn mouths.

And breathe...

Last edited by Silver Springs; 10-13-2011 at 09:57 AM..
Old 10-13-2011, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post

JTIS. People with their holier than thou attitudes regarding my financial situation really get on my nerves. Yes, I'm allowing myself to get into debt because of my education. No. I don't have a job. But people stop listening right there. They don't listen to the next part of the story. I'm in debt because I'm from a poor working class family. My parents are disabled and cannot work, and thus we have very little by the way of income. So there is no way they could afford to put me through years of a Degree course. And I don't have a job because as well as working so hard that I often have to go without sleep, I am a carer for my father. I am at his constant beck and call because of his ill health and his inability to do much for himself. He's been house bound for years. And no, I don't surround myself with the latest luxuries. I don't have an iPad, Credit Card, widescreen TV, Stereo Sound System, Car ( I walk or use public transportation), own home (I live with my parents who live in a council run home) or any source of real financial security. I don't sponge off of the system. I buy the bare necessities. People don't generally hear any of that. They just hear that I'm a student living off of student loans. To them that translates into lazy. Thank you, ignorant people of Facebook for ruining my mood. Why must everything be so hideously black and white?

And breathe...

I'm glad you're prioritizing education, and not quitting school. Invest in yourself
Old 10-13-2011, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
I'm glad you're prioritizing education, and not quitting school. Invest in yourself
Thank you. I am trying harder than these people apparently give me credit for to make my future brighter than the general prospect for people in my city. I can't have these years back, so I want them to pass knowing they're going to benefit me in the future. I've never been one who got off on having a lot of money. If it's there, fine. If it's not, oh well. There's plenty to do in life that doesn't need it. I'm just glad there are people out there who understand, and don't dismiss me as lazy. There is nothing lazy about wanting to better yourself.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post

And breathe...
Hehe mee too, it has been a pretty great day doing college work. I love my projects I have been given so i'm spending all of my time doing them. The Annie Lennox videos have inspired me to do a photoshoot for fashion. So i'm excited. I love days when you feel really creative and get loads done.

I understand your situation and I find it so insulting when people have a go for living off student finances. At least you're trying to do something with your life unlike the people who run their mouths. You're very talented and an hardworker (well from what i gather) so sod what people think.

I was at my friends the other week and her friend was there who i had never met before and she knew me and Amy were doing photography & carrying on at uni after to top it off to a degree and she was telling us that it's a waste of time and it won't get us anywhere. She's on the dole so i didn't get too offended. Some people are just idiots and don't understand education.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild-heart View Post
Hehe mee too, it has been a pretty great day doing college work. I love my projects I have been given so i'm spending all of my time doing them. The Annie Lennox videos have inspired me to do a photoshoot for fashion. So i'm excited. I love days when you feel really creative and get loads done.

I understand your situation and I find it so insulting when people have a go for living off student finances. At least you're trying to do something with your life unlike the people who run their mouths. You're very talented and an hardworker (well from what i gather) so sod what people think.

I was at my friends the other week and her friend was there who i had never met before and she knew me and Amy were doing photography & carrying on at uni after to top it off to a degree and she was telling us that it's a waste of time and it won't get us anywhere. She's on the dole so i didn't get too offended. Some people are just idiots and don't understand education.

I wish I felt inspired at the moment. I'm feeling quite uncreative today (uck!), so just spending my time researching for my classes and dissertation.

It makes me laugh so much when people who are living on the dole seem to develop an oracle state when it comes to the working industry. If you haven't tried to get a job or do something for society, and are just using the dole as an excuse to do very little, then you are the sponger. I wouldn't get offended at all. There are plenty of opportunities for photographers. Local newspapers, tabloids, freelance, food, retail and leisure photograph, the list goes on. Though the food photography aspect could be dodgy, unless you plan on photographing Kebabs for a living lol. Which I know you wouldn't want to do. I'm sure there'll be plenty of options for you outside of education.