The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Joe Walsh on Howard Stern this morning (06-04-12)

Did anyone catch the full interview?

Heard parts on the way to work this morning. Howard tried to get Joe to talk more about his relationship with Stevie Nicks at least twice during the interview.

If I remember correctly, Howard was pretty amazed that they were a couple and seemed to think really highly of Stevie and how she said that he was the love of her life. Howard also mentioned something to the effect the she is/was one of the greatest songwriters. When he asked Joe about it, there was nothing but silence.

Howard asked Joe about the relationship a few minutes later mentioning again how Stevie considered Joe the love of her life. I got the feeling that Joe didn't want to say to much about their relationship because he is married now. Joe did mention that Stevie "helped" him with the Confessor album. He did mention a specific song, but I missed the title. He also mentioned that she wrote a song about him, and after about 10 seconds got close to the actual song title which of course was Has Anyone Written Anything For You.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Ledgie

Mu husband mentioned to me that he was on and talking about Stevie but he couldn't tell me anything specific..he said it was just chit-chat. I am going to see if they re-play it on sirrius. I want to hear it.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Joe Walsh is an insufferable turd blossom. I wouldn't p*** on him if he was on fire.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Found it! Go here.

19:40 - 21:39
41:41 - 42:18
47:21 - 50:29

Last edited by Nickingham; 06-04-2012 at 11:20 PM..
Old 06-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They start talking about Stevie around 19:40.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

he pretty much says it was a road relationship. it happened and it worked for the summer they were together (he says it was just the summer) because they were touring together, and they were both lonely, and they spent all that time together on the road. Once they got off the road, they went their separate ways.

When Howard calls her a great songwriter, Joe totally blanches and won't agree.

He also totally avoids answering the question "Did you love her?" although Howard tries to get him to answer it several times.

When asked if Stevie was one of the people he had to make amends to (12 Steps) he said yes.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickingham View Post
Found it! Go here.

thanks for posting that... enjoying listening to it. now i really wish Lindsey went on Howard when he was scheduled last year. it's nice to hear something different, not your regular run-of-the-mill interview.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are just the parts where he talks about Stevie.

http://www.mediafire.com/?d1c4kzvbsyiu92h
Old 06-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickingham View Post
Found it! Go here.

I love it when fans take the time to make it easier for me to hear the important parts.
Especially considering I fell asleep twice last night trying to listen to this interview.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I love it when fans take the time to make it easier for me to hear the important parts.
Especially considering I fell asleep twice last night trying to listen to this interview.
Same here! Thanks for everyone's (continued) time and effort to make sharing new info easy for all. Much appreciated.

Off to listen now..
Old 10-15-2015, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Stevie and Joe

I read in another thread that Joe Walsh called Stevie a "road f**k" in an interview. Exactly what interview was this statement made (written or verbal interview) by Joe himself? I looked for it online but was unable to find it.In fact I heard Howard Stern interview Joe,and when Howard pushed really hard to get more info on Stevie,Joe just said that she was "special".I was surprised to hear that after the alleged "road f**k" comment.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:37 AM
Junior Ledgie

Hey hello! I'm kinda new & never too sure about posting, as opposed to reading, but I have to say a couple of things.
1) James Taylor is a p****k if he actually wouldn't let his daughter's mother inside his home to use the restroom when they were gathered there for her wedding! He made her use the Port A Potty?! That's stunningly rude. Was he afraid she would steal his Hummel collection or something? Geez.
2) He may be smart- or not- but Joe sounds like a half wit. He sounds like the love child of Spicolli from Fast Times At Ridgemont High & Kato Kaelin. And, I assume, some woman would be in that equation as well, because- uterus.
That's it. I'll try being quiet. I do love reading all your great and diverse input.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like how this thread has been revived after three years of dormancy. Howard Stern is an amazing interviewer, and this clip with Joe Walsh is a good example. He is peerless in his ability to dig in and pose questions most interviewers would be fearful or never think to ask. He does it in such a conversational manner that most people open up and reveal very personal information

His interview with Maureen McCormick aka Marsha from the Brady Bunch comes to mind as an example. I think it's on YouTube. It was from some years ago. She was a Howard Stern listener, so she knew what to expect. She was so open, honest and matter of fact with her answers, it was very astonishing.

Joe Walsh is quite a character. His relationship with Stevie was situational and circumstantial, and was never destined to go anywhere. When Stevie proclaimed he was the love of her life, she's referencing a brief time when they were touring together and found support for each other. Both were vulnerable and at the pinnacle of their cocaine habits. It's typical for Stevie to romanticize the past, and make grand statements.

It's unfortunate to hear that John Taylor is a bit of a prick, but I'm not startled by that revelation. I still like his music. Carly Simon seems to a be a really cool lady. Her song "You're So Vain" is brilliant, and one of my favorite songs. Any time I have visited Martha's Vineyard, I'd hope to run into her. She's lived there a long time, likely in a secluded estate. That island is it's own exclusive world.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-16-2015 at 07:18 PM..
Old 10-17-2015, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This Joe Walsh line about a road f*** is sort of an urban legend. Joe Walsh has appeared on Howard Stern for 25 years. He never talked about Stevie until recently when he was sober. Joe has said some crazy stuff about Stevie on other shows. I would love if anyone can truly point to the source of this infamous line. I have never heard Joe say that on Howard Stern.
I did hear Joe say crazy stuff about Stevie on Rock line in 1990 but it was not that infamous line.
Don Henley was much worse to Stevie outing her about her abortion as early as the late 80's. There used to be a Stevie interview on youtube from 1991 where Stevie said Don's outing let her talk about it.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Don Henley was much worse to Stevie outing her about her abortion as early as the late 80's. There used to be a Stevie interview on youtube from 1991 where Stevie said Don's outing let her talk about it.
The Mary Turner Off the Record for Street Angel?

moviekinks.blogspot.com