User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-09-2003, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default FM a no-show at Dick Clark's New Years Eve Special

Figures...

But I guess we really didnt need another lame rendition of Peacekeeper...

Stars To Ring In New Year With Dick Clark

Jessica Simpson, Nick Lachey, 3 Doors Down and the Black Eyed Peas are among the artists pegged to perform Dec. 31 on ABC-TV's Dick Clark-hosted "New Year's Rockin' Eve" special. The annual year-end celebration will be split into three portions, each laden with musical performances.

"Dick Clark's Primetime New Year's Rockin' Eve" will kick things off at 10 p.m. ET/PT with Clark introducing performance highlights from 2003 tours featuring Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Elton John, KISS, Avril Lavigne and Tim McGraw.

"Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2004, Part 1" runs from 11:35 p.m. to 1:05 a.m. ET/PT, including the traditional countdown to midnight and performances by Black Eyed Peas, Bow Wow, Hall & Oates, Jagged Edge, Jason Mraz, Donna Summer and 3 Doors Down. Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey will perform in addition to sharing co-hosting duties with Clark.

"Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2004, Part 2" will wrap things up from 1:05 to 2:05 a.m. ET/PT. Simpson and Lachey will once again host and present encore appearances by Mraz, Simpson, Black Eyed Peas, Jagged Edge, Hall & Oates and 3 Doors Down, as well as a performance by Rascal Flatts.

-- Troy Carpenter, N.Y.
Old 12-09-2003, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ah, that's alright..ever since I saw "Bowling For Columbine" Dick Clark is not one of my favorite people....so I'm kinda glad they won't be there
Old 12-09-2003, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DrummerDeanna
Ah, that's alright..ever since I saw "Bowling For Columbine" Dick Clark is not one of my favorite people....so I'm kinda glad they won't be there
Yeah, he didn't come out of that one smelling like a rose did he?
Old 12-09-2003, 10:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Question

Why, what was Dick like in the movie?
Old 12-10-2003, 02:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I haven't seen it. Was he worse than Bob Eubanks or Miss America in Roger and Me?

- Jake
Old 12-10-2003, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
Yeah, he didn't come out of that one smelling like a rose did he?
Nope. They even succeeded in making Heston look even worse.

Old 12-10-2003, 09:03 AM
joe

Quote:
that's such a coincidence cause i just saw that last night in my Scriptwriting class...i was really shocked at Dick Clark....but, as my instructor pointed out, we only saw a segment of that footage...of course, within the content of that film, Clark appears to have disregard for the situation...and i thought this way too...and, it may be the case....but you do have to look at the altenatives....sorry, i'm not "pro Dick Clark" or anything....anyway, Michael kind of barged in on him, and he did have somewhere to go....also, in the heat of the moment, Clark must have thought "oh, in MY restaurant? so, i supposed i'm to blame?"

i don't know just my opinion....
Old 12-10-2003, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Boo Hiss no NYE FM performance

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 12-10-2003, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm GLAD they're not doing it - I lost all respect for DICK after seeing Bowling for Columbine.

Plus, don't you think it's about time the band takes a well-deserved rest before going down under?

Old 12-10-2003, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
I haven't seen it. Was he worse than Bob Eubanks or Miss America in Roger and Me?

- Jake
I still haven't gotten around to seeing Roger and Me....but it's on my list...I'll let you know if he's worse...someday lol
Old 12-10-2003, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by joe
that's such a coincidence cause i just saw that last night in my Scriptwriting class...i was really shocked at Dick Clark....but, as my instructor pointed out, we only saw a segment of that footage...of course, within the content of that film, Clark appears to have disregard for the situation...and i thought this way too...and, it may be the case....but you do have to look at the altenatives....sorry, i'm not "pro Dick Clark" or anything....anyway, Michael kind of barged in on him, and he did have somewhere to go....also, in the heat of the moment, Clark must have thought "oh, in MY restaurant? so, i supposed i'm to blame?"

i don't know just my opinion....
Well, that is a good point, BUT I still don't think Dick needed to be such a Dick about it...he could have gotten out of that diplomatically....and not been such an ass about it...
Old 12-10-2003, 11:59 AM
joe

Quote:
Well, that is a good point, BUT I still don't think Dick needed to be such a Dick about it...he could have gotten out of that diplomatically....and not been such an ass about it...
very true....even if he had no intention of discussing it, he could have just said "let me have your card....and we'll get together about this at a later time".

but he didn't.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well, I for one am bummed about it, Dick or no Dick. It would have been good exposure for them and, as for me, I can never have too much FM!

Wonder what happened? Also, is it possible they were simply accidentally left off?

Old 12-10-2003, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I still haven't gotten around to seeing Roger and Me....but it's on my list...I'll let you know if he's worse...someday lol
Rent it when you get the tooth thing done. You're home anyway.

- Jake
Old 12-11-2003, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sites ripping apart Bowling For Columbine prove that you really shouldn't base any opinions on anything, from that film.