Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default MFBB's Grammy Nomination!

This news item was posted in the Rumours forum earlier, but you can bet it will be deep-sixed there pretty quickly!

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/20...t-of-nominees/

What a great boost for the MFBB! With the Blue Again DVD due in January and plans for a new MFBB album (as Mick said in an interview recently), 2010 could be a great year for the band.

I see two blues categories (besides R&B): Best Traditional Blues Album, and Best Contemporary Blues Album. I would have more expected Blue Again in the Contemporary category -- but what do I know?

Best Traditional Blues Album
(Vocal or Instrumental.)

* A Stranger Here
Ramblin' Jack Elliott
[ANTI]

* Blue Again
The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band Featuring Rick Vito
[429 Records]

* Rough & Tough
John Hammond
[Chesky Records]

* Stomp! The Blues Tonight
Duke Robillard
[Stony Plain Records]

* Chicago Blues: A Living History
(Various Artists)
Larry Skoller, producer
[Raisin' Music]

Best Contemporary Blues Album
(Vocal or Instrumental.)

* This Time
The Robert Cray Band
[Nozzle Records/Vanguard]

* The Truth According To Ruthie Foster
Ruthie Foster
[Blue Corn Music]

* Live: Hope At The Hideout
Mavis Staples
[ANTI]

* Back To The River
Susan Tedeschi
[Verve Forecast]

* Already Free
The Derek Trucks Band
[Victor Records]

Good Luck guys!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Grammy Nomination for Rock Icon Mick Fleetwood

THE MICK FLEETWOOD BLUES BAND FEATURING RICK VITO'S 'BLUE AGAIN' NOMINATED FOR 'BEST TRADITIONAL BLUES ALBUM'

Download image SANTA MONICA, Calif., Dec. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band featuring Rick Vito has received a Grammy nomination for "BLUE AGAIN" in the category of "Best Traditional Blues Album." "BLUE AGAIN," released on the Savoy Label Group's 429 Records label, is a project showcasing iconic rock drummer and Fleetwood Mac co-founder Mick Fleetwood and his Mick Fleetwood Blues Band, a top notch quartet of musicians featuring Rick Vito. Produced by Mick Fleetwood and Rick Vito, the recording is equal parts blues rave-up and loving homage to the early incarnation of Fleetwood Mac, revisiting the blues-based classic songs of early Fleetwood Mac along with several new compositions in riveting live performance. Released on March 17 on 429 Records (home of last year's "Best Contemporary Blues Album" Grammy winner Dr. John), "BLUE AGAIN" was an instant commercial and critical success which debuted in the top 20 on the iTunes Overall Chart and both the Billboard and iTunes Blues charts. The 52nd Grammy Awards will be held in Los Angeles on January 31, 2010.

"BLUE AGAIN" was recorded live at the Sheldon Concert Hall in St. Louis, Missouri in February of 2008. The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band features guitarist, lead vocalist and co-producer Rick Vito, bassist Lenny Castellanos and keyboardist Mark Johnstone alongside the legendary rock drummer. The stellar recording gives classic Fleetwood Mac songs such as "Albatross," "Oh Well" and "Black Magic Woman" a modern and irrepressibly vibrant energy that only a live performance can provide.

In addition, the companion concert performance "BLUE AGAIN" DVD will be released by 429 Records in February of 2010.

For more information, visit:

www.429records.com

429 Records is a unit of the Savoy Label Group (SLG). SLG is the North American unit of CME (Columbia Music Entertainment), the oldest music company in Japan. The Savoy Label Group has evolved into a leading independent company consistently outperforming competitors in key music categories as monitored by Billboard Magazine. SLG is led by Steve Vining and CME is headed by Chairman Strauss Zelnick, founder of Zelnick Media which owns interests in and manages an array of media companies.

SOURCE: 429 Records

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-78441862.html
Old 12-03-2009, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
I see two blues categories (besides R&B): Best Traditional Blues Album, and Best Contemporary Blues Album[/SIZE]
Given Jethro Tull once picked up Best Heavy Metal Act over Metallica, perhaps Mick is in line for Best New Artist?
Old 12-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb-Maat-Re View Post
Given Jethro Tull once picked up Best Heavy Metal Act over Metallica, perhaps Mick is in line for Best New Artist?

Metallica wishes they were as hardcore and metal as Jethro Tull
Old 12-14-2009, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
This news item was posted in the Rumours forum earlier, but you can bet it will be deep-sixed there pretty quickly!

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/20...t-of-nominees/

What a great boost for the MFBB! With the Blue Again DVD due in January and plans for a new MFBB album (as Mick said in an interview recently), 2010 could be a great year for the band.

I see two blues categories (besides R&B): Best Traditional Blues Album, and Best Contemporary Blues Album. I would have more expected Blue Again in the Contemporary category -- but what do I know?

Best Traditional Blues Album
(Vocal or Instrumental.)

* A Stranger Here
Ramblin' Jack Elliott
[ANTI]

* Blue Again
The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band Featuring Rick Vito
[429 Records]

* Rough & Tough
John Hammond
[Chesky Records]

* Stomp! The Blues Tonight
Duke Robillard
[Stony Plain Records]

* Chicago Blues: A Living History
(Various Artists)
Larry Skoller, producer
[Raisin' Music]

Best Contemporary Blues Album
(Vocal or Instrumental.)

* This Time
The Robert Cray Band
[Nozzle Records/Vanguard]

* The Truth According To Ruthie Foster
Ruthie Foster
[Blue Corn Music]

* Live: Hope At The Hideout
Mavis Staples
[ANTI]

* Back To The River
Susan Tedeschi
[Verve Forecast]

* Already Free
The Derek Trucks Band
[Victor Records]

Good Luck guys!!!!!!
Best of luck to Mick and the guys!!!!!!!!! If they win, I guess they'll be "doing the Lucky Devil all night long!!!!"

Sorry, just couldn't resist the song reference!!
Old 12-15-2009, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tuesday, December 15, 2009
MICK FLEETWOOD BAND Nominated For "Best Traditional Blues Album" Grammy

“It’s incredibly rewarding to know that I am being recognized for the music that really started me off in my career. Not many people realize that the original Fleetwood Mac was indeed a blues band, and to come full circle at this point in my career is extremely gratifying,” says drummer extraordinaire MICK FLEETWOOD about the Grammy nomination for theMICK FLEETWOOD BLUES BAND FEATURING RICK VITO CD BLUE AGAINin the “Best Traditional Blues Album” category.

Being singled out in a category that has previously awarded such icons as B.B. King, John Lee Hooker, Etta James and Buddy Guy is “obviously an unbelievable honor,” says MICK, calling from Australia where he’s on the massive Fleetwood Mac world tour. “These artists are amongst the many that initially inspired me and could really be considered my mentors.”

Working with friend and former Fleetwood Mac guitarist and vocalist Rick Vito “was incredibly comfortable and familiar. Not only because Rick and I had played together during his tenure in Fleetwood Mac, but also because his style is so reminiscent of [original Fleetwood Mac guitarist] Peter Green. Rick is one of the premiere slide players in the world and his uniqueness comes from his ability to marry both styles seamlessly.”

Produced by Fleetwood and Vito, the BLUE AGAIN album was recorded live in 2008 at the Sheldon Concert Hall in St. Louis, MO and released this year via 429 Records. The band--with bassist Lenny Castellanos and keyboardist Mark Johnstone--digs in deep on Peter Green-penned Fleetwood Mac gems such as “Stop Messin’ Around,” “Rattlesnake Shake” and “Black Magic Woman,” as well Vito originals like “Red Hot Gal,” Fleetwood Boogie,” “When We Do The Lucky Devil,” and “I Got A Hole In My Shoe,” plus a cover of Elmore James’ “Shake Your Moneymaker.” The album debuted in the Top 20 on the iTunes Overall Chart, hit #1 on the iTunes Blues chart and hit #4 on the Billboard Blues Chart. Look for a red hot live DVD of the show to be released January 26 via 429 Records.

http://themacwire.blogspot.com/2009/...-for-best.html
Old 12-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really don't understand this. Blue again is a weak and bland bluesalbum that has nothing to do with the quality of the Green era- FM. Brrr.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Blue again is a weak and bland bluesalbum
Don't those sour grapes make your mouth positively burn?

Personally I'm delighted to see this terrific band get a well-deserved thumbs-up from the music industry (as well as rave reviews from most reviewers).

However, I'm sure the Grammy voters will also give your opinion as much consideration as it deserves.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!