User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default MFBB in Australia

Michael McDonald and Boz Scaggs to tour Australia in 2010 [with MFBB]

Five-time Grammy Award winner Michael McDonald joins legendary singer songwriter Boz Scaggs to perform all of their greatest hits, along with songs from their latest albums, ‘Soul Speak’ and ‘Motown’ and ‘Speak Low’.

Joining them for selected shows will be the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band, who will be performing a mix of their own original material, including tracks from their new album ‘Blue Again’ and Fleetwood Mac songs.

When Michael McDonald was a member of The Doobie Brothers and Steely Dan, he recorded some of his most well-known songs, such as "Takin' It to the Streets", "Little Darling", "It Keeps You Runnin”, "Minute by Minute" and "What a Fool Believes" (which became a number one single in the U.S. and earned him a 1978 Grammy Award for Song of the Year).

His latest album, ‘Soul Speak’, due for release in Australia on November 27, is the natural follow-up to Michael McDonald’s two smash hit explorations of the Motown Records Songbook – ‘Motown’ , nominated for two Grammy Awards, and the next year’s gold-selling ‘Motown Two’. Both albums have recently been released in Australia as a combined 2CD package, simply entitled ‘Motown’.

Boz Scaggs is an American singer, songwriter and guitarist. He gained fame in the 1970s with several Top 20 Hits in the United States along with the #2 album Silk Degrees, which contained the worldwide hit singles, “Lido Shuffle”, “What Can I Say” and “Lowdown”. His latest album, ‘Speak Low’ is the sublime and sexy follow up to Boz Scaggs’ critically acclaimed 2003 standards collection, ‘But Beautiful’. Recorded together in four days with the musicians playing together in the same room, ‘Speak Low’ is filled with a rare kind of intimate energy making it a treat for purveyors of fine music, jazz and Boz fans alike.

‘Blue Again’ is a stunning new project by the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band. Revisiting the classic songs of early Fleetwood Mac, along with new songs in the same style, Mick Fleetwood has assembled a hand-picked quartet of blues and Fleetwood Mac veterans who perform on this fiery blues showcase. ‘Blue Again’ is equal parts blues rave-up and loving homage to the early incarnation of Fleetwood Mac, who are celebrating their 40th Anniversary this year.

With three music legends sharing the stage, audiences will be thrilled to hear all of their favourite songs from these exceptional artists. However, while the lyrics and the tunes might be familiar, in the hands of McDonald, Scaggs and Fleetwood these songs will be reborn into something intoxicatingly original.

Tickets go on sale 9am Wednesday 4th November and are available through Ticketmaster 136 100 and Ticketek 132 849.

Entertainment Centre, Adelaide – Wednesday 17th February**
Palais Theatre, Melbourne – Friday 19th February
Sutton Grange Winery, Victoria – Saturday 20th February + Featuring The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band
Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa, Yarra Valley – Sunday 21st February + Featuring The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band
Royal Theatre, Canberra – Tuesday 23rd February**
Harbour Theatre, Entertainment Centre, Sydney – Thursday 25th February
Wollongong, WIN Entertainment Centre – Friday 26th February** + Featuring The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band
Riverstage, Brisbane – Saturday 27th February + Featuring The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band

Ticketmaster.com.au 136 100
**Ticketek.com.au 132 849

http://getmusic.com.au/news/detail.a...1322&aid=59109

Pretty cool for the east coast Aussie fans
Old 10-28-2009, 05:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

and pretty crap for those of us on the west coast
Old 10-28-2009, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What an awesome show that will be! Not just Mick's band, but Boz Scaggs and Michael McDonald? Years and years and years of greatness all together at once. I'd sure love to see it.

I'm getting more optimistic that the MFBB will schedule some US dates for the 2010 concert season (and the Aussie west coast, too )

Thank you for posting this!
Old 10-29-2009, 04:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
and pretty crap for those of us on the west coast
I know. And the Adelaide fans again. I'm sorry you can't share in the excitement

Now perhaps you shouldn't read the rest....

I've purchased my tickets for the Brisbane show. I saw the concert announced the other day with just Boz Scaggs and Michael McDonald -- I thought Boz would be awesome, but after realising that I needed to Google Michael McDonald I thought maybe it wasn't really my thing (even though the Doobies are awesome too; I'm just not good with names).

MFBB totally tipped the scales, and after securing my mother as my 'old person cover', I'm there.