Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-13-2003, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Kiln House (w/CM) lineup new live CD: Where to buy?

OK, I don't mean to steal the thunder of the fan that posted about this on Neil's UK FM site (Trackghost) but I (and some others from the US) really want to get our preorders in on this CD since it's only being released in the UK and the release date is coming up soon.

It's on a small UK label called Secret Records and it's (unfortunately) apparently going to be called "Madison blues" (I really wish they could've come up with a different name as this is going to get confused a lot with the Boston Tea Party CD's that have come out with that same title over the years even though this is going to include completely different recordings) and it's definitely going to be considered a "legal" release (sort of like the Boston Tea Party stuff in the "legal" sense, as in, the band themselves have nothing to do with the release of the material but it I guess has been OKed by someone in a legal position in order for it to be made available through UK retailers).

So anyways, here's the rest of the info on it from Neil's board:

It's the Fleetwood Mac Line up of Christine McVie, Jeremy Spencer, Danny Kirwan, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood.
It contains live and studio records from the early 70's and all tracks are previously unissued and includes a unique studio session of Christine McVie with her band before joining Fleetwood Mac, performing as The Christine Perfect Band. There's also a rare Jeremy Spencer recording of one of his mimic performances of Elvis
Presley titled The King Speaks.

CD 1
1. Hey Baby
2. It's You I Miss
3. Gone Into The Sun
4. Tell Me You Need Me
5. Crazy About You (Can't Hold Out Much Longer)
6. Down At The Green
7. Tell Me All The Things You Do
8. Station Man
9. Purple Dancer
10. Station Man
11. Crazy About You (Can't Hold Out Much Longer)
12. One Together
13. I Can't Stop Loving Her
14. Lonely Without You
15. Tell Me All The Things You Do
16. Jewel-Eyed Judy

CD2
1. Madison Blues
2. Purple Dancer
3. Open The Door
4. Preaching Blues
5. Dust My Broom
6. Get Like You Used To Be
7. Don't Go Please Stay
8. Station Many
9. I'm On My Way
10. Jailhouse Rock
11. The King Speaks (Narrative)
12. Teenage Darlin'
13. Honey Hush

DVD INTERVIEW INFO: Jeremy Spencer in interview with 'Jet' Martin Celmins (it's apparently going to be a "region 0" disc so it should work in pretty much all DVD players)

Release date: OCTOBER 20

We can definitely discuss the CD here too but the main reason I pasted/posted this here was to bounce it off some of you to see if any of you know of a website accepting preorders for this now (as I can't find it at amazon.co.uk or anything) so if anyone does come across a site selling this CD then please do post a link (or at least let us know which site it is that's selling it) here so we can order our copies.

Thanks in advance.

John
Old 09-13-2003, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have posted about this on Neil's U.K. site. I definitely want this box set if I can get it. My question is CAN you get this box set if you are in the U.S.? I'm still a little confused about this. I usually order everything through the U.S. Amazon site. I hadn't even thought about the U.K. Amazon site. It would seem to me that sometime in the next several weeks, it should show up on at least the U.K. Amazon site, assuming that is indeed an official release and not a bootleg.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Oh yea!

I don't have any further information on this John. All I can say is that this is something that quite a few of us would love to hear. I'll be one of the first to buy it!

Joe
Old 09-13-2003, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

All right, that settles it! By the time i buy the Rhino remasters, the 'Tango' DVD, this two CD/DVD set, and a copy of the tourbook... no one is getting Christmas gifts!
Old 09-13-2003, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
All right, that settles it! By the time i buy the Rhino remasters, the 'Tango' DVD, this two CD/DVD set, and a copy of the tourbook... no one is getting Christmas gifts!
Don't forget about the Fleetwood Mac & Tusk DVD-Audios. They just may be coming by the end of the year, too.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have been checking the U.K. Amazon site for this box set every day and I believe it has just been listed on that site. There is a CD titled Madison Blues with a release date of October 20th. I believe this is the new box set, not the older Peter Green era CD, although there is no track list available on Amazon. It is also obviously listed in British currency. Does anyone know how much this might cost in U.S. dollars?
Old 09-24-2003, 07:35 AM
Ledgie

Default Madison Blues

Hi macfan 57,
Yes, I think you are right. It is a 2cd release and the date co-insides with the info we have been given from Trackghost and Wetcamelfood. So get your orders in, all you FM 60'S/70'S fans!!
It works out at about 21.50 Dollars plus postage.

Cheers,
Blue Horizon.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default COOL!!

$21.50...that's a GREAT price for a 2 CD set! I'll most DEF be getting this!!

LOL at JS...yeah, no joke, I have a trip to London to pay for, and I'll be buying Christmas gifts over there to bring home and all these new CD's and DVD's...yep...I'll be goin' broke by the end of the year.

Hey, can ya'll tell me who sings what on those CD's, if you know, I know the obvious ones like Purple Dancer but I am not familiar with some of these songs. THANKS!!

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 09-24-2003 at 10:32 AM..
Old 09-24-2003, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just my own speculation as to who sings what...

CD 1
1. Hey Baby
2. It's You I Miss Christine ???
3. Gone Into The Sun
4. Tell Me You Need Me Danny
5. Crazy About You (Can't Hold Out Much Longer) Christine
6. Down At The Green
7. Tell Me All The Things You Do Danny
8. Station Man Danny
9. Purple Dancer Danny/Jeremy/Christine
10. Station Man Danny
11. Crazy About You (Can't Hold Out Much Longer) Christine
12. One Together Jeremy
13. I Can't Stop Loving Her
14. Lonely Without You Christine ???
15. Tell Me All The Things You Do Danny
16. Jewel-Eyed Judy Danny

CD2
1. Madison Blues Jeremy
2. Purple Dancer Danny/Jeremy/Christine
3. Open The Door
4. Preaching Blues Jeremy
5. Dust My Broom Jeremy
6. Get Like You Used To Be Christine
7. Don't Go Please Stay Jeremy
8. Station Many Danny
9. I'm On My Way Christine
10. Jailhouse Rock Jeremy
11. The King Speaks (Narrative) Jeremy
12. Teenage Darlin' Jeremy
13. Honey Hush Jeremy
Old 09-24-2003, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Thanks chilid

Thanks much!!

I wish there was more Danny, but it's still worth gettin'.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:22 PM
Ledgie

Hi,
You beat me to it chiliD !!.
Track 6 on CD 1 is I think, 'Down at the Crown' also known as 'Doin all Right' in which case the vocals are handled by Christine, Danny and Jeremy.
Tracks 5 and 11 on CD 1 are strange as 'Crazy 'bout You Baby' is a Christine song from the 'Christine Perfect' album, but the (Can't Hold Out Much Longer) is surely Jeremy doing is Elmore James bit as is track 13.
As for track 3 on CD 2 I have no idea. Just have to wait I guess.

I did see this line up a couple of times live and I can remember them doing a fast blues instrumental with Jeremy on slide guitar which was very good. Never did find out what the title was, but it would be great if track 3 was it. They were very nervous I seem to remember and missing Peter's leadership, but they were excellent gigs.

Cheers,
Blue Horizon.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Horizon
Tracks 5 and 11 on CD 1 are strange as 'Crazy 'bout You Baby' is a Christine song from the 'Christine Perfect' album, but the (Can't Hold Out Much Longer) is surely Jeremy doing is Elmore James bit as is track 13.
That's kinda what I was thinking...but I just couldn't hear the Christine tune & the Elmore James tune being that close to make it a medley. Can't wait for this set!!
Old 09-24-2003, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for giving me credit guys!

This is great news that this is now listed on Amazon but don't forget there is an additional DVD disc included in the set with the Jeremy Spencer interview on there. I spoke to the guy who actually did the interview and this is definitely going to be in the set! Pretty good value for money really.

Last edited by trackaghost; 08-29-2006 at 10:12 AM..
Old 09-24-2003, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Oops, sorry for missing out the "a" in TrackAghost, the thought was there to give you your due credit though Track anyways. I don't think I would've found out about this release otherwise so I (and I'm sure the others here too) say a BIG thanks for the info on this in the first place Track, it really has been invaluable.

Yeah, I'm really surprised (but happy) that this should only be about 20 bucks for us American fans considering it's 2 CD's plus the DVD and it can't be too shabby on running time either if the 18+ minute "Tell me all the things you do" from the infamous "Merely a portmanteau" bootleg album I heard MANY years ago is anything to go by! Nah, I'm sure the version(s?) of TMATTYD on here are going to be much tighter that that take was.

Whatever the case though, these "wilderness years" recordings are of MUCH interest to many of us it seems so here's hoping the sales Secret/Shakedown get from this will let them know there's a market for them there (if they want it).

Oh, just thought, I bet "Hey baby" will be Christine's Chicken Shack tune too so it's just that one dang track we gotta figure out now (though I am confused by the CAY(CHOML) Christine/Jeremy deal too).

Hey, how about a poll on what we think it will be (a CM or JS led track), regarding either the "mystery track" or CAY(CHOML), TWO polls?!

We don't get many of them on these boards!

John
Old 09-25-2003, 06:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I also want to thank Trackaghost for all this advance information. I never would have heard about it otherwise. I have already pre-ordered my copy. We are getting 29 rare tracks plus a bonus DVD and for only just under $23.00 including shipping to the U.S. That's a bargain, in my opinion!

Hey Baby is definitely Christine's Chicken Shack song. There's a version of it on the Chicken Shack On Air CD. I not sure about the Crazy About You track, which I would think would be Christine's. This looks like a terrific mix of live Kiln House tracks & unreleased studio outtakes. I am really looking forward to this.

I am hoping that maybe this same record label would eventually do something like this with the Bob Welch 1971-1974 years in the future, especially if there is some good interest in this Kiln House box set.