User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-24-2021, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Well, good for me, because I LOVE it. Seriously. And not just because the old goat isn't on it. It's Mirage pt II. Sweet, poppy FM.
I’m glad for you, it’s my loss that I don’t get it.
Mirage 11...(sucks air through teeth) not for me...
But remember I love SYW...there’s no accounting for taste.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default My biggest frustration with the Mac........

Was not releasing a studio album in....

Old 02-24-2021, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I like well over half of it, as I recall. Engineering is pretty good on it. What I don’t like is the breathy Lindsey Buckingham vocals on the verses of about four or five cuts. Why he feels the need to sound like a pervert in a Brian De Palma movie, I don’t know.

What happened to the youthful, devilish ebullience of the vocalist who gave us Bwana and Eyes of the World?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-24-2021, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Was not releasing a studio album in....
I did this for my own fun and entertainment!
1984 - wasn't Chris doing a lot of shows in 84? Also was 84 when Stevie was getting really bad with substance abuse?
1991 - Don't forget TineSpace!
1993 - Stevie was working on Street Angel. Lindsey toured.
1998 - Enchanted Tour
2000 - Stevie worked on TISL
2002 - Say You Will was recorded this year!
2005 - Stevie Vegas Residency, Summer 2005 Tours
2008 - Stevie Crystal Visions Tour
2011 - IYD Tour
2014 - Stevie too busy
2017 - Stevie reveals to RollingStone she doesn't want to make a new FM album
2019 - Stevie would rather sing Black Magic Woman, Free Fallin, Split Enz, and Don't Dream It's Over than her own fresh material
Old 02-24-2021, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd bet anything that $tevie said, "it won't sell enough", and that was that. $tevie and her fans, with their stupid numbers....
I doubt that! She released a dvd and bluray of her 24 Karat Gold Tour. I doubt she cared about the sales because it had no promotion.

Also we got Live in Boston in 2004... while they were on tour!!!! Good one Carl!
Old 02-24-2021, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
But remember I love SYW...there’s no accounting for taste.
I'm glad for me, too!

SYW is a cold fish. There's no warmth to it.

What's missing? Yep.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I doubt that! She released a dvd and bluray of her 24 Karat Gold Tour. I doubt she cared about the sales because it had no promotion.

Also we got Live in Boston in 2004... while they were on tour!!!! Good one Carl!
Are you sure they weren't fulfilling contractual obligations? I don't know or really care(no offense).

Live in Boston. It's on a shelf in front of me. I think I literally watched it ONE TIME when I bought it, and haven't watched it since.

Who TF is Carl????
Old 02-24-2021, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Are you sure they weren't fulfilling contractual obligations? I don't know or really care(no offense).

Live in Boston. It's on a shelf in front of me. I think I literally watched it ONE TIME when I bought it, and haven't watched it since.

Who TF is Carl????
Carl is a member of the trinity: Irving, Sheryl, Carl

Just fyi because I know you don't play in Stevieland...
Her new 24 Karat Gold Tour Dvd was a special project.
I understand Stevie is no longer with Reprise. So she did an exclusive with BMG to get this dvd out. It was her wanting. In the liner notes she writes that she and Karen have been working on it for four years.

Sold as high as a lead balloon. Personally, I think her 2009 Soundstage was better. But this new video is very colorful and fun to watch...ONCE.

You're welcome for s*** you didnt want to hear
Old 02-24-2021, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Carl is a member of the trinity: Irving, Sheryl, Carl

Just fyi because I know you don't play in Stevieland...
Her new 24 Karat Gold Tour Dvd was a special project.
I understand Stevie is no longer with Reprise. So she did an exclusive with BMG to get this dvd out. It was her wanting. In the liner notes she writes that she and Karen have been working on it for four years.

Sold as high as a lead balloon. Personally, I think her 2009 Soundstage was better. But this new video is very colorful and fun to watch...ONCE.

You're welcome for s*** you didnt want to hear
As in Hot Carl? I can believe $tevie would be involved with that!

$he and Karen(WHAT AN APPROPRIATE NAME SHE HAS!) have been working on it for 4 years? $tevie gets really high, and Karen makes some phone calls?

Someone gave me a copy of 24K Gold CD when it came out. I made it through it a couple times, and filed it away with Live In Boston(actually I think I threw it away).

I might actually watch Live in Boston right now. I'd actually forgot that it existed. One sour taste was all it took for that to happen. Instantly took it off my radar.

I'll be here all week. Just keep on a spewin'!!!!
Old 02-24-2021, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I might actually watch Live in Boston right now. I'd actually forgot that it existed. One sour taste was all it took for that to happen. Instantly took it off my radar.

I'll be here all week. Just keep on a spewin'!!!!
L.I.B. is good! Play the first 3 songs loud.
Also you can look at the rubber bricks Stevie is walking on
Old 02-24-2021, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
L.I.B. is good! Play the first 3 songs loud.
Also you can look at the rubber bricks Stevie is walking on
Putting it in now.....

Was this her Frankenbock era(that's what everyone here called her fake Reebok..."boots")? Granny needs a new hip!
Old 02-24-2021, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Was this her Frankenbock era(that's what everyone here called her fake Reebok..."boots")?
I know. I been around here!
I just liked rubber brick better
Those things were worn from 01-07 I think.

I think Karen sold them via ebay to Marilyn Manson
Old 02-25-2021, 06:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
I'm glad for me, too!

SYW is a cold fish. There's no warmth to it.

What's missing? Yep.
That's exactly what people said about Tusk. I don't understand the hate SYW gets on this board. The kicker to me is the same people love Tusk. The albums are both with Lindsey in control and both can come off a little cold. I understand it more on SYW though. Both albums have similar complaints....too many songs, runs too long, quirky at times, cold, over produced, underproduced, not enough pop songs, songs should have been cut, etc. Yes, SYW needed Christine and she would have made the album one of their best. But I still appreciate SYW for Lindsey's brilliance. I see his talent more on this album than others.

I would love to lock you in a room and play Come, Not That Funny (live), Silver Girl, and Oh Daddy for 72 hours straight

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-25-2021 at 06:24 AM..
Old 02-25-2021, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Despite the classic music, being a Fleetwood Mac fan is not an easy experience. Hands down the kicker for me is the creativity between Rumours and Tusk, and the band seeming not to want to rest on its laurels only to do just that, over and over and over again. Forty plus years with the concert sets almost entirely from Rumours and Tusk gets barely a nod. Secondly, the years and years without new albums, we all know why that didn't happen but still, an awfully long dry period. Thirdly, abandoning the Behind the Mask lineup after one album. What about some reflection about what didn't work, ie the production, and kick out a killer album. What with Stevie in fantastic voice and Christine with some great songs, we could've seen a wonderful album in the early 90's. Most recently and last but not least, the endless tours. I consider myself a devoted fan, but have not seen them since 04 and Stevie solo since 1991. Touring without new music just doesn't do it for me, especially with deteriorating talents and excessive augmentation. Buck McVie as a Mac album with 3 or 4 Nicks tunes could've sent them out on a high note but instead we got what is likely the final cash grab tour with band members who should not have been there, despite being great on their own.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
Despite the classic music, being a Fleetwood Mac fan is not an easy experience. Hands down the kicker for me is the creativity between Rumours and Tusk, and the band seeming not to want to rest on its laurels only to do just that, over and over and over again. Forty plus years with the concert sets almost entirely from Rumours and Tusk gets barely a nod. Secondly, the years and years without new albums, we all know why that didn't happen but still, an awfully long dry period. Thirdly, abandoning the Behind the Mask lineup after one album. What about some reflection about what didn't work, ie the production, and kick out a killer album. What with Stevie in fantastic voice and Christine with some great songs, we could've seen a wonderful album in the early 90's. Most recently and last but not least, the endless tours. I consider myself a devoted fan, but have not seen them since 04 and Stevie solo since 1991. Touring without new music just doesn't do it for me, especially with deteriorating talents and excessive augmentation. Buck McVie as a Mac album with 3 or 4 Nicks tunes could've sent them out on a high note but instead we got what is likely the final cash grab tour with band members who should not have been there, despite being great on their own.
I also think the music industry changed so much which really almost prevented new creativity and new music. You must REALLY love your craft to spend so much time in the studio to create new songs that will sell 50,000 copies if you are lucky. Christine and Lindsey were perfect examples of that. They did it because they love making music. Stevie did it too with In Your Dreams.
But look how the music industry has changed. In the 80s, a hit album was how the artist made money. Stevie probably made over a million dollars easy with The Wild Heart album sales. Her tour probably yielded a profit as just as much. Today, Stevie grossed over a million for one night on her 24k Gold tour. Concert ticket prices have went up so much more than inflation that it keeps old bands on the road that would have never dared to be on the road at their age before. In 1983, my Wild Heart ticket cost $12.75 which was almost as much as what the album cost.
They are old, their output is limited so they go for the cash every time.