The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-06-2005, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472
Amber, you said you had a boring job! Listen to it then!
I can't everyone is just right there...and i mean, right there...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can't wait to hear Curse now. mustgetalbummustgetalbummustgetalbum........

I wouldn't doubt if Franz topped their debut album with the follow up. They're THAT good. Who knows, maybe they'll pull a Rumours? One can hope!

And I know a FABULOUS Chinese place on the Post Road here. They treat you like a king
If they have a copy of the DualDisc, get that one, it's the same price as the regular one. One side is for your regular CD player, the other side is a DVD for surround sound and has the Good Boys video and lyrics. I have another DualDisc for Bowie's "Reality" album and that's another stunner.

They're good enough to deserve a chart-topper. And, dare I say, their current album blows Rumours out of the water for me. I'd bet that a new album will be better, it's obvious that they're capable of topping themselves.

I had Chinese last week from a place I had never gotten it from and, my word, it was AWWWWWWWWWWWful. Probably the only Chinese restaurant in the world that doesn't use salt.

Old 01-06-2005, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
If they have a copy of the DualDisc, get that one, it's the same price as the regular one. One side is for your regular CD player, the other side is a DVD for surround sound and has the Good Boys video and lyrics. I have another DualDisc for Bowie's "Reality" album and that's another stunner.

They're good enough to deserve a chart-topper. And, dare I say, their current album blows Rumours out of the water for me. I'd bet that a new album will be better, it's obvious that they're capable of topping themselves.

I had Chinese last week from a place I had never gotten it from and, my word, it was AWWWWWWWWWWWful. Probably the only Chinese restaurant in the world that doesn't use salt.
Sometimes this place I hate drowns it in too much sauce (so that the chicken floats ). I can't eat it like that.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:

Dude, the masses don't have good enough taste for it to be a chart topper! Did i get the dual one? It just started playing the video when i put it in. anyways, i guess i could check for myself. You should want to eat chinese that doesn't use msg. every time i get chinese, the chicken never looks like chicken i usually see, which makes me suspish., and everythings always really greasy.... vegetables aren't supposed to be greasy!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Dude, the masses don't have good enough taste for it to be a chart topper! Did i get the dual one? It just started playing the video when i put it in. anyways, i guess i could check for myself. You should want to eat chinese that doesn't use msg. every time i get chinese, the chicken never looks like chicken i usually see, which makes me suspish., and everythings always really greasy.... vegetables aren't supposed to be greasy!
I know, I'm still shocked that Franz hasn't sold as well as they should here.

The regular one has the Good Boys vid, too, when you put it in the computer. And isn't it a fab vid? I love the last screen card after the clown dies, it's perfect. Debs looks ultra sexy in the barker outfit and in the color shots with the messy eye makeup.

I don't get it from places that use MSG. If the menus don't say "NO MSG," I don't eat it.

Old 01-06-2005, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sometimes this place I hate drowns it in too much sauce (so that the chicken floats ). I can't eat it like that.
Ewwww. I like sauce, but too much makes it too rich and heavy for my stomach.

Old 01-06-2005, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know, I'm still shocked that Franz hasn't sold as well as they should here.

The regular one has the Good Boys vid, too, when you put it in the computer. And isn't it a fab vid? I love the last screen card after the clown dies, it's perfect. Debs looks ultra sexy in the barker outfit and in the color shots with the messy eye makeup.

I don't get it from places that use MSG. If the menus don't say "NO MSG," I don't eat it.
Omigod, I remember a year and a half ago, i watched the vid on the blondie website and was blown away. went out that day to get the album. But it wasn't for sale yet! damn! Anyway, yeah, it is superfab., she is superfab. I think i got a little misty when i watched it...

Old 01-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, Blondie people, so you recommend both No Exit and Curse? I didn't buy No Exit because every critic's review I read was pretty negative. So I decided to skip it and then Curse when it came out. So they're good?
Old 01-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation A Deafenin'...

track entitled "Becoming" from the great May 30,1998-Eindhoven, Netherlands bootleg of Pantera...Quickly becoming one of my favorite bootlegs in my collection.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
Okay, Blondie people, so you recommend both No Exit and Curse? I didn't buy No Exit because every critic's review I read was pretty negative. So I decided to skip it and then Curse when it came out. So they're good?
Those critics are the most wrong people in the world...do you remember when Maria was a single? did you like it? well, a bunch of other songs on that CD are as good or better, and certainly different. (I like the straight ahead yelling rock fast beat drum sound of Maria, but the CD is stellar)

Old 01-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

No Exit is crap....and you and I like the same music. It's just not my cup of tea.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No Exit is FABULOUS. Dig Up the Conjo, Night Wind Sent, Double Take, Maria, Screaming Skin, Boom Boom In the Zoom Zoom Room; just priceless. And Curse is just as good.

I shall be back in an hour, Jake Weber's on TV.

Old 01-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Those critics are the most wrong people in the world...do you remember when Maria was a single? did you like it? well, a bunch of other songs on that CD are as good or better, and certainly different. (I like the straight ahead yelling rock fast beat drum sound of Maria, but the CD is stellar)
Yeah, I liked "Maria." That's why I almost bought it then, but then all the bad reviews came out. I'll probably get Curse first and then get No Exit.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
No Exit is crap....and you and I like the same music. It's just not my cup of tea.
But you like "Woman in Me"....so I don't know if I should listen to you. No, really, we do have quite similar tastes in music.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, I liked "Maria." That's why I almost bought it then, but then all the bad reviews came out. I'll probably get Curse first and then get No Exit.
I recommend the other way around, but...you know, I'm not the boss of you...