Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-23-2005, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine Solo shows

hi all im a an aussie long time reader first time poster has any one got a link to christines solo shows bootlegs or could possibley email them to me.. i heard chillid talking about them and some one sed there was a westwood version in going around can anyone help me out
Old 05-23-2005, 05:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove
hi all im a an aussie long time reader first time poster has any one got a link to christines solo shows bootlegs or could possibley email them to me.. i heard chillid talking about them and some one sed there was a westwood version in going around can anyone help me out
Hi justcrazylove,

Unfortunately, I don't know of a link to download any Christine solo shows & I have dial-up so I can't e-mail them to you(hopefully someone else can help you out). But, welcome to the Ledge.

By the way, are you aware that there is a Christine forum on this board?

Last edited by macfan 57; 05-23-2005 at 06:07 AM..
Old 05-23-2005, 05:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove
yeah! Another Aussie...I am not aware of a "Westwood Show", but I have the 18th May 1984 show from Jackson New Jersey I can e-mail to you, (it is mp3 though) but if you are not a perfectionist I could also put it on cd and post it to you if you want?

Of course if this isn't the show you want then I am rambling on for nothing but Welcome!
Old 05-23-2005, 06:51 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tynan88
yeah! Another Aussie...I am not aware of a "Westwood Show", but I have the 18th May 1984 show from Jackson New Jersey I can e-mail to you, (it is mp3 though) but if you are not a perfectionist I could also put it on cd and post it to you if you want?

Of course if this isn't the show you want then I am rambling on for nothing but Welcome!
ah, memories...That's the show I went to. I was in the 3rd row crying like the obsessed teen that i was LOL.

--Lis
Old 05-23-2005, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
ah, memories...That's the show I went to. I was in the 3rd row crying like the obsessed teen that i was LOL.

--Lis
Lis, is May 18th the correct date of that show? Do you still have your ticket stub? I actually have 2 Jackson shows, but the dates are a bit fuzzy. Maybe they are the same show. Do you know how many shows she did?
Old 05-23-2005, 01:01 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
Lis, is May 18th the correct date of that show? Do you still have your ticket stub? I actually have 2 Jackson shows, but the dates are a bit fuzzy. Maybe they are the same show. Do you know how many shows she did?
I'm pretty sure she only did one Jackson show; it was in Great Adventure....or geez, maybe it was two....?? I probably do have my ticket stub but it might take some digging to find it, but I'm nearly sure the 18th is the correct date.

Will see if I can locate it....

-Lis
Old 05-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From what I've researched, there was only the May 18th show in Jackson NJ...Christine was off to Philadelphia for the 19th; and was at the Beacon Theatre in NY a couple of days prior to the the NJ show.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:59 PM

I saw her in Cleveland that year.

That show was unbelievable!
Old 05-23-2005, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a date of 5/14 for the Beacon Theatre show. I have 2 shows labled as Jackson, NJ #1 & Jackson, NJ #2. Maybe there's just a mistake in the labeling(which is very common for bootlegs). I saw her in Philly on 5/19. Terrific show!
Old 05-24-2005, 07:33 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I have a date of 5/14 for the Beacon Theatre show. I have 2 shows labled as Jackson, NJ #1 & Jackson, NJ #2. Maybe there's just a mistake in the labeling(which is very common for bootlegs). I saw her in Philly on 5/19. Terrific show!
A possibility is that she did two shows that same night in Jackson, an early one and a late one. hmmm. trying to dig back in my memory but I'm not sure...I went to the 8 PM show, I think it was about 90 min long....did anyone go to a later one that night???

-Lis
Old 05-24-2005, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My show is actually labelled as 16th of May in the black writing but in the grey writing (which is obviously right), it is the 18th, I downloaded mine from the net, so I guess those details stick.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
A possibility is that she did two shows that same night in Jackson, an early one and a late one. hmmm. trying to dig back in my memory but I'm not sure...I went to the 8 PM show, I think it was about 90 min long....did anyone go to a later one that night???

-Lis
Lis, at the show you were at, did she get mixed up about the name of the town(Jackson)? The show I have as labeled 5/18 #2, she was pretty mixed up. She said that Great Adventure was a funny name for a town. Then people in the audience let her know that the town was Jackson. The show I have labeled as 5/18 #1 doesn't have any of that. But it doesn't have the entire set list, so it could have been edited out.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:55 AM
Senior Ledgie

I have two shows from Great Adventure on May 18th. One is labeled as an "early show" and the other "late show". It's been a long time since I've listened to either boot (at least a year or so) but, if I remember correctly, they are two different shows.

Live at Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey, "Early Show" May 18, 1984
Sound quality is approximately a B+/B. This is the 6:30 'early' show.
Say You Love Me (5:02), Love Will Show Us How (4:59), The Challenge (5:53), Just Crazy Love (3:41), The Smile I Live For (6:05), Keeping Secrets (3:56), I'm The One (5:43), One in a Million (6:06), Hold Me (4:10), Got a Hold on Me (3:05), Over My Head (3:22), You Make Loving Fun (5:44)

Live at Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey, "Late Show" May 18, 1984
Sound quality is approximately a B+/B. This is the 9:30 'late show'.
Say You Love Me (5:08), Love Will Show Us How (4:57), The Challenge (5:34), Just Crazy Love (3:50), Keeping Secrets (3:55), I'm the One (6:00), One in a Million (6:13), Hold Me (4:20), Got a Hold On Me (3:53), Over My Head (3:14), You Make Loving Fun (5:01), Don't Stop (5:02), Songbird (6:31)

I believe the "late show" is the same one that has been circulating for a long time as 5/19/84.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintbernard
I have two shows from Great Adventure on May 18th. One is labeled as an "early show" and the other "late show". It's been a long time since I've listened to either boot (at least a year or so) but, if I remember correctly, they are two different shows.

Live at Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey, "Early Show" May 18, 1984
Sound quality is approximately a B+/B. This is the 6:30 'early' show.
Say You Love Me (5:02), Love Will Show Us How (4:59), The Challenge (5:53), Just Crazy Love (3:41), The Smile I Live For (6:05), Keeping Secrets (3:56), I'm The One (5:43), One in a Million (6:06), Hold Me (4:10), Got a Hold on Me (3:05), Over My Head (3:22), You Make Loving Fun (5:44)

Live at Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey, "Late Show" May 18, 1984
Sound quality is approximately a B+/B. This is the 9:30 'late show'.
Say You Love Me (5:08), Love Will Show Us How (4:57), The Challenge (5:34), Just Crazy Love (3:50), Keeping Secrets (3:55), I'm the One (6:00), One in a Million (6:13), Hold Me (4:20), Got a Hold On Me (3:53), Over My Head (3:14), You Make Loving Fun (5:01), Don't Stop (5:02), Songbird (6:31)

I believe the "late show" is the same one that has been circulating for a long time as 5/19/84.
And how would one go about getting these?
Old 05-24-2005, 02:10 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Lis, at the show you were at, did she get mixed up about the name of the town(Jackson)? The show I have as labeled 5/18 #2, she was pretty mixed up. She said that Great Adventure was a funny name for a town. Then people in the audience let her know that the town was Jackson. The show I have labeled as 5/18 #1 doesn't have any of that. But it doesn't have the entire set list, so it could have been edited out.

hahaa there WERE two shows, fancy that, my memory served me right. i gues i was at the 6:30 then. My whole family went w/ me (a teenagers nightmare but it was the only way I'd get to the show LOL), and I doubt my dad would've wanted to go to the late one!

anyway yes, i vividly remember Chris not knowing where the heck she was -- Great Adventure vs jackson etc. I may have to get a copy of that show from you, my friend. I bet if I listen hard enough I can hear my 14 yr old self crying and/or screaming.

-Lis