Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blemelin View Post
My sequence:

1. Lindsey/Christine/Stevie (sparkling pop gem)
2. Stevie (mid-tempo rocker)
3. Lindsey (acoustic)
4. Christine (ballad w/L&S background vocals)
5. Lindsey (uptempo rocker, full-on harmonies)
6. Stevie/Lindsey (ballad with full harmonies)
7. Christine/Lindsey/Stevie (harmonies a la "Honey Hi")
8. Lindsey/Christine (uptempo)
9. Stevie (uptempo)
10. Christine (ballad or mid-tempo)
11. Lindsey (something rocking)
12. Stevie (something spooky)
Exactly! Maybe 14 songs, but we think a like. I know I don't like negativity but it sounds too good to be true lol
Old 01-25-2014, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
but i don't see why would he now waste his time to replace those with new, edgier stuff, that average FM fan would just spit on anyway??
He should go through the trouble because everyone should be bringing their stellar material to the table for this FM album. What does he care what the average FM fan wants? He can just read the critical reviews and get his fulfillment that way.

I know his solo fans are more appreciative, but I don't think he should be making album song selections with that in mind. With FM his work is going to get more attention and more ears than with a solo album. So, if he has songs that he thinks are good, if he's written songs since the tour ended or during the end of the tour, he should put them out. There's no point in saving the good stuff for his solo work when no one's ever going to hear it. He needs to put it out with FM and if it's good it will generate ink. It will be heard and talked about in places where LB isn't usually noticed. It will attract more solo fans the next time he goes out alone. This is the best advertising he is going to have for the next decade. I hope he takes advantage of it.

If he's got another GYOW or Ledge up his sleeve, then I want it released on this FM album. Let him save the next Brother and Sister he has waiting in the wings, for his solo album.

I'm not for throwing pablum that's already been recorded out there under the FM banner, just so I can hear it. My curiousity isn't enough reason to fill the limited FM album slots up with second best. I want his premium stuff for this FM album.

Sure, I hope everything that he recorded with John and Mick gets out there but I'd just as soon have it leaked, rather than have it commercially released if it's not outstanding.

If it's unique, astounding and great, then I want it on this FM album. I need to be amazed and within FM is the place I want it. Michele
Old 01-25-2014, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
If it's unique, astounding and great, then I want it on this FM album. I need to be amazed and within FM is the place I want it. Michele
"it's fleetwood mac-y" and "the best they've done in a long long time."

plus you like SA and MF anyway, so why do you think you'd hate the other 5 songs you haven't heard yet?

nobody knows SYW songs either. other than Peacekeeper, maybe. or The Ledge and non-hit Tusk songs. or Mirage or Tango songs that were not hits. just look at how many music journalists thought that Eyes was one of the new songs on the last tour. the last album that people really know is the dance.

so while i used to think that more ears for his songs was a legitimate argument, i'm not so sure anymore.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-25-2014, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i agree with all that, and especially with your SA/MF vs DYMM comparison. great point!! i just can't see how people who are asking for pushing boundaries can ever see DYMM as better than those 2 EP songs (needless to say, i can't stand DYMM. not as bad as Trouble, but why Lindsey, why?).
Did You Miss Me is not that great. But to compare it to Trouble? It's one of Lindsey's best-crafted pop songs ever.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG! YUCK! thank *$&*ing God I'm on facebook. No wonder nobody posts here anymore... UGH!???!!!!!!!!!!! go ahead and ban me... L-M-A-O!!! good Lord
Old 01-25-2014, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
H
If he's got another GYOW or Ledge up his sleeve, then I want it released on this FM album. Let him save the next Brother and Sister he has waiting in the wings, for his solo album.

I'm not for throwing pablum that's already been recorded out there under the FM banner, just so I can hear it. My curiousity isn't enough reason to fill the limited FM album slots up with second best. I want his premium stuff for this FM album.
Yes, absolutely. Another Tusk, GYOW, Ledge or even Eyes of the World (with better lyrics preferably). Another Save Me a Place. He's got it in him, but the question is whether he will bring that kind of material to the table or more Sad Angels.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
Did You Miss Me is not that great. But to compare it to Trouble? It's one of Lindsey's best-crafted pop songs ever.
it just shows you how diverse his catalog is, that 2 people who are both huge fans of his work can apparently have a completely different taste in which songs they like or dislike.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-25-2014, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
Yes, absolutely. Another Tusk, GYOW, Ledge or even Eyes of the World (with better lyrics preferably). Another Save Me a Place. He's got it in him, but the question is whether he will bring that kind of material to the table or more Sad Angels.
see i'd take Sad Angel over SMAP any day.

Old 01-25-2014, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
see i'd take Sad Angel over SMAP any day.
I like SAD ANGEL. I like the way they harmonize together. That was a good song and a smart one.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"it's fleetwood mac-y" and "the best they've done in a long long time."

plus you like SA and MF anyway, so why do you think you'd hate the other 5 songs you haven't heard yet?
Because I only LIKE them. I want something to love. You take those other 5 songs for his solo album.

Michele
Old 01-25-2014, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Because I only LIKE them. I want something to love. You take those other 5 songs for his solo album.

Michele
we are a bit like spoiled kids, no? now we have gotten a whiff that we might be actually getting an album, and everyone wants something completely different.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
we are a bit like spoiled kids, no? now we have gotten a whiff that we might be actually getting an album, and everyone wants something completely different.
Yes. If they were like the country artists and put out something every 2 years, it wouldn't matter as much. But we know that this may not be the last stand, but it's awfully close.

Michele
Old 01-25-2014, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes. If they were like the country artists and put out something every 2 years, it wouldn't matter as much. But we know that this may not be the last stand, but it's awfully close.
considering their output in the last 35 years, having an EP out in 2013 and potentially a full-length album in 2014, seems pretty amazing.

so the rules band followers have been used to since 1975 may be out the window (hopefully!). maybe they crank out another album in 2015?

Old 01-25-2014, 04:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
considering their output in the last 35 years, having an EP out in 2013 and potentially a full-length album in 2014, seems pretty amazing.

so the rules band followers have been used to since 1975 may be out the window (hopefully!). maybe they crank out another album in 2015?
Maybe! The tour they're planning this year is already proof that they're playing by different rules. I have no doubt that they are trying to accelerate things. So, I don't view this album as a swan song at all and I would not bet money against your 2015 conjecture -- well, I'd say 2016. I definitely think they have two more albums in them. But I'm not optimistic enough to think it's MORE than 2 more.

Michele
Old 01-25-2014, 04:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just give me an album that makes me want to
pick up my guitar.

(recurring, I know)