Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLamb View Post
Very happy here that the second leg will bring them to Florida!

Would be ecstatic if they'd consider making the following adjustments to the setlist:

Replace "Never Going Back Again" with "Save Me A Place"
Replace "Wish You Were Here" with "Over & Over"
Replace "Shut Us Down" with "Walk A Thin Line"
Replace "Little Lies" with "Got A Hold On Me"
Replace "You Make Loving Fun" with "Remember Me"
Add "Carnival Begin", and have it segue into "I'm So Afraid"
Replace "Game Of Pretend" with "Why"

Hope the "powers that be" with this tour see this!!!
I love this
But dream on silly dreamer
Old 08-13-2017, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Would be ecstatic if they'd consider making the following adjustments to the setlist:

i love what you did here, and i think it's just the right way of thinking about it - pick which Chris songs you want replaced with some other Chris song, and the same with Lindsey's.

i really think Trouble and SUD need to go, and they should be replaced with a couple of LB Tusk songs - maybe a slower one like Walk A Thin Line or Save Me a Place, and a rocker like What Makes You Think You're the One or The Ledge that can fit later in the set, perhaps right after Hold Me since they are both never live played FM songs.

while i love Say You Love Me and wouldn't mind hearing BuckVie version, i think You Make Loving Fun is fantastic on this tour and they have tons of fun with it on this tour, as does audience. same with Tusk - this is the ultimate version of how Tusk should be done (in the absence of USC marching band). Chris-less versions of Tusk were dragging and boring in the years when she was not around.

i love all Chris' songs as they play them on this tour, and unlike others want WYWH to stay, but maybe adding one of her solo songs or one of BuckVie previous Mac collaborations would be nice (although i'm not crazy about Isn't It Midnight, might be interesting!).

they can easily add couple of songs to their current set too. if LB wants to stick with more than one acoustic song each, it would be fantastic to hear acoustic Red Rover.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-13-2017, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The question really is, is there enough time between legs to create complete karaoke tracks for new songs?
Old 08-13-2017, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
I really really think they need to change up a few songs for the next leg! Be an artist and take risks guys!!
I just played a video of "Wish You Were Here" on YouTube and thought it was lovely. That was an inspired choice for their set.

Maybe instead of "You Make Loving Fun," which people must be getting somewhat sick of, they can do the rocker "Isn't It Midnight?"

Other possibilities: "Save Me a Place," "Never Forget," "Get Like You Used to Be" (would it kill anyone if they added a blues song to the show?), or "I'd Rather Go Blind."

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-14-2017, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I just played a video of "Wish You Were Here" on YouTube and thought it was lovely. That was an inspired choice for their set.

Maybe instead of "You Make Loving Fun," which people must be getting somewhat sick of, they can do the rocker "Isn't It Midnight?"

Other possibilities: "Save Me a Place," "Never Forget," "Get Like You Used to Be" (would it kill anyone if they added a blues song to the show?), or "I'd Rather Go Blind."
They really just need to shuffle up the songs a bit. Or move that beginning to the middle.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You're quite delusional. Just so you know.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
The question really is, is there enough time between legs to create complete karaoke tracks for new songs?
I'm sure you're joking, but they're just playing with the studio tracks, along with a click track that only they can hear.

But I'm thrilled to hear someone else call it karaoke tracks.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You're quite delusional. Just so you know.
Remeber me? LOL
Old 08-14-2017, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Lol! Too funny, but you're 100% right, the backing tracks are exactly why there won't be any changes to the set. But this thread is still fun to read, to see what people would like to hear.

I love Isn't It Midnight but I think Lindsey doesn't, either because of the guitar solo or that extended ending. Anybody else have theories as to why they didn't perform the song?
Old 08-15-2017, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When the set was announced I was surprised there was not more solo work. They are majorly promoting new music with so many new songs. They feel extra pressure to play Mac hits which is why we are getting only one solo song and so many Mac standards. They are feeding the Mac machine. Its probably not what THEY want but playing for the masses. Us rabid fans want more deeper cuts. I think they would love to play Isnt It Midnight but keeping 2 Tango hits in the set is important to the masses.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
When the set was announced I was surprised there was not more solo work. They are majorly promoting new music with so many new songs. They feel extra pressure to play Mac hits which is why we are getting only one solo song and so many Mac standards. They are feeding the Mac machine. Its probably not what THEY want but playing for the masses. Us rabid fans want more deeper cuts. I think they would love to play Isnt It Midnight but keeping 2 Tango hits in the set is important to the masses.
Yeah, but 8 new songs is more than they've done since Tusk! I was thrilled with that. Now if they'd only add OWTS!
Old 08-15-2017, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Yeah, but 8 new songs is more than they've done since Tusk! I was thrilled with that. Now if they'd only add OWTS!
I love all the new songs. I just wish we would get more of each's solo work. This is a rare chance to hear those songs live.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love all the new songs. I just wish we would get more of each's solo work. This is a rare chance to hear those songs live.
i agree about Christine's solo work, since she doesn't tour solo.

for Lindsey, i'd rather he adds his Tusk deep cuts, instead of 2 solo songs he did at every. single. solo. tour. in this century.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-15-2017, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i agree about Christine's solo work, since she doesn't tour solo.

for Lindsey, i'd rather he adds his Tusk deep cuts, instead of 2 solo songs he did at every. single. solo. tour. in this century.
It drives me crazy that Christine does not appreciate her solo work. She is such a group member and trooper. She puts the group and Lindsey above herself. I bet they practiced a few of her solo songs and Lindsey may have encouraged her to do them. But she chose to play her big Mac hits. I love her solo albums so much so it drives me NUTS to miss an opportunity like this.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It drives me crazy that Christine does not appreciate her solo work. She is such a group member and trooper. She puts the group and Lindsey above herself. I bet they practiced a few of her solo songs and Lindsey may have encouraged her to do them. But she chose to play her big Mac hits. I love her solo albums so much so it drives me NUTS to miss an opportunity like this.
I agree 100%! 'In the Meantime' was such a great album. Hearing "Friend" or "You Are" would be a dream come true. As a second choice, and probably a more realistic one, why can't they play something from her 1984 solo record? There were a couple of hits from that album, or they could take a little risk and play that wonderful duet song, "One in a Million."

To those who might comment that taking a risk is unknown to these musicians, I would respond that even doing this duo project in the first place was a risk. And playing eight new songs, and ending the shows with two new songs is a risk. Wouldn't it be splendid if they pushed the risk-taking a bit more in the second leg of the tour?