The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Greeny's coming to play in Sweden in October, so the health can't be that bad! What a treat.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
Greeny's coming to play in Sweden in October, so the health can't be that bad! What a treat.
Where have you seen the announcement, dino? And where in Sweden is he playing?Hope it's near Copenhagen

Ms Moose
Old 08-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Where have you seen the announcement, dino? And where in Sweden is he playing?Hope it's near Copenhagen

Ms Moose
One of the shows was October 29th in Eslöv (Eslöv Bluesfestival) which is near Denmark and the other was October 30th in Uppsala (Katalin) . But I think both shows have been canceled now. I got e-mail from Stockholm Blues Association today with listing of bluesartists touring Sweden this fall and Peter's show were listed as cancelled because of illness

Last edited by robert_g66; 08-29-2010 at 03:19 PM..
Old 08-30-2010, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What a pity, the Eslov show is apparently cancelled because "the band is cancelling all the autumn gigs due to illness".
Katalin is still selling tickets..will waiting for my refund.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes it is a pity because everything seemed to be going so well. It would be nice to know what has happened, but then again PG has had bad experiences with the "pirahna"-like british press in the past, so no wonder they are so low-key about the whole thing.

A majority of the Friends - Geraint Watkins, Matt Radford, Martin Winning, and drummer Bobby Erwin is touring the US in October. Good luck to them! Would have been nice for the US Ledgies if PG and Dodd had joined them too!

http://www.myspace.com/geraintwatkins

Ms Moose
Old 08-31-2010, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

hope for healing (((((peter))))
Old 08-31-2010, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Yes it is a pity because everything seemed to be going so well. It would be nice to know what has happened, but then again PG has had bad experiences with the "pirahna"-like british press in the past, so no wonder they are so low-key about the whole thing.

A majority of the Friends - Geraint Watkins, Matt Radford, Martin Winning, and drummer Bobby Erwin is touring the US in October. Good luck to them! Would have been nice for the US Ledgies if PG and Dodd had joined them too!

http://www.myspace.com/geraintwatkins

Ms Moose
thanks mm. many of the dates geraint is playing with nick lowe and opening with his own band (as i read it). that would be not to be missed. american music hall is w/ elvis costello singing nick and nick singing elvis c.

like everyone i'm thinking about peter
Old 09-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mario

You need to find out what triggered this situation. Is Mike Dodd to blame? Why is Peter Green scared of the U.S.?

Last edited by slipkid; 09-06-2010 at 12:29 AM..
Old 09-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
You need to find out what triggered this situation. Is Mike Dodd to blame? Why is Peter Green scared of the U.S.?
I don't think Mike Dodd is to blame, I'm sure he is a good guy.......

The bottom line is that Peter didn't want to play those gigs, he didn't want to go and he got tired of the band......

So another story ended, another chapter of Peter's eventful life.........

Maybe Mike only did the old same mistake: too many gigs and sometimes too far away, don't forget that Peter is now almost 64.....

But on the happy side Peter is fine, it's 100 % the same recent Peter, so don't worry for that...

Mario.

Cheers
Old 09-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Oh Well

I guess we won't be seeing Peter Green and Friends greatest hits any time soon.

The important thing is Peter is in good health.
I have been hanging around Pete Seeger for the last 25 or so years as he continues his music career. He is 91 and last year he won a grammy award for "Pete At 89"

anything is possible

doodyhead
Old 09-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the update, Mario. I can't say I'm that surprised, as I'm sure that the number of gigs, playing pretty much the same numbers night after night, ultimately must have been wearing on Peter.

Good to hear that Peter is in good health and hopefully he's happy to be doing whatever he's doing these days.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
I don't think Mike Dodd is to blame, I'm sure he is a good guy.......

The bottom line is that Peter didn't want to play those gigs, he didn't want to go and he got tired of the band......

So another story ended, another chapter of Peter's eventful life.........

Maybe Mike only did the old same mistake: too many gigs and sometimes too far away, don't forget that Peter is now almost 64.....

But on the happy side Peter is fine, it's 100 % the same recent Peter, so don't worry for that...

Mario.

Cheers
Thanks, Mario. When they ramped up his touring schedule late last year I begun to wonder if Peter Green was finally over his hatred for touring. Especially when they did dates in Australia earlier in the year '09 which is a flight no one wants fly from the UK or US.

I think Mike Dodd meant well, but I think he pushed Peter too quickly after the success of the open air summer shows in the UK last year. Mike Dodd made the same mistake everyone makes.

The popular opinion is that Peter Green left Fleetwood Mac due to his use of hallucinogens. If you read enough books, and between the lines, it's all about tours away from home, that caused Peter Green to leave the band. The remainder of the European tour was canceled after early April 1970. The recorded evidence at the Roundhouse 4/24/70 proves that Peter Green was not a "Syd Barrett stare into the darkness freak show playing one guitar string for an hour". It maybe one of FM's best concerts of all time, if not THE (including the pop band version with the women). That "Black Magic Woman" is.....wow!

Clifford Adams had an ambitious four month U.S. tour planned for FM beginning in June of 1970. They would've promoted the then plan to release Live in Boston double LP album, and FM's future would've changed for the better exponentially.

Peter Green loved his family so much he allowed his parents to live with him in a house he bought in '69. He was too sensitive to develop a hard crust, or shield to get beyond the music business BS. He saw right through it while the likes of Clapton, Page, Townshend, Lennon, and countless others from the 60's just went for the ride.

What's so ironic is that Peter Green's family were proud of his success as a musician, and tried to convince him to continue. On this side of the pond, unless you're Mike Bloomfield with an extremely wealthy family due to some very important food service patents, you're a failure unless you're a rabbi, lawyer, or doctor.

Last edited by slipkid; 09-07-2010 at 01:10 AM..
Old 09-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Ledgie

The main thing is that Peter is OK.

There is a pattern, which is that whenever things start to get too big...Peter bails out. And if he's uncomfortable then nobody can (or should) force him too far out of his comfort zone.

And I am sure we won't have heard the last of him. Peter Green still seems to enjoy playing guitar, and in some form or other it is something he loves doing.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by absinthe_boy View Post
The main thing is that Peter is OK.

There is a pattern, which is that whenever things start to get too big...Peter bails out. And if he's uncomfortable then nobody can (or should) force him too far out of his comfort zone.

And I am sure we won't have heard the last of him. Peter Green still seems to enjoy playing guitar, and in some form or other it is something he loves doing.
Let's hope that this true and at a future date we see Peter Green playing live again. This situation seems a lot different to the Nigel Watson/Splinter Group scenario though where the legal eagles tied up the situation for ages. The irony is that Peter seemed to be thriving on the gigs and playing better all the time,progressing from sitting with a music stand to playing standing up with no prompts. We should thank Mike Dodd and the boys for persuading Peter out there where he did seem to be enjoying himself. It is true that the touring schedule certainly seems to have been increased in 2010. With all those gigs in the last year are there any live recordings suitable for release?
Old 09-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

MARIO:
Thank you so much for sharing some information on this.
It really means much to us, and the best thing is that Peter is fine!

Does this mean that Peter has quit the "Peter Green and Friends" band permanently?
Or is he just having a break? Can you tell?