User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Seems he was quoted as having said that in one of his recent European interviews. I just don't see how they can get an album out that fast though.
because it will be a 'lindsey' album, he's probably already laid down tracks and rearranged stevie's songs..all they will need to do is go into the studio a few times to tweak it! LOL
Old 12-14-2009, 03:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannieKartis View Post
because it will be a 'lindsey' album, he's probably already laid down tracks and rearranged stevie's songs..all they will need to do is go into the studio a few times to tweak it! LOL

And it's title will be a Stevie penned title... "Say you didn't..."

Old 12-14-2009, 04:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Of all time, or Fleetwood Mac?
of all time, but i love all of Fleetwood Mac's equally. Say You Will just does it for me haha
Old 12-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

lol @ "Say you didn't"..

Yeah, to be honest, I'd just be happy for a release, where they're not just a bunch of old, shelved songs retweaked. Let's see new stuff, GOS was a very talented album, of new material by Linds, Stevie can do it too now she's clean. And for ****'s sake they need to work together!!!!

Come on, those batty interviews she does are proof of her continued creativity..

- Spike
Old 12-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd be thrilled if they did release a new album. But I'd be equally thrilled, even more so, if Lindsey just released another solo album. I adore his incredible creativity and his last two albums have been more exciting to me than any other Mac-related releases of the past decade or so. But still, a group album would be wonderful. I loved SYW despite it's flaws. I think it was an overall excellent effort and hardly embarrassing.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 12-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I'd be thrilled if they did release a new album. But I'd be equally thrilled, even more so, if Lindsey just released another solo album. I adore his incredible creativity and his last two albums have been more exciting to me than any other Mac-related releases of the past decade or so. But still, a group album would be wonderful. I loved SYW despite it's flaws. I think it was an overall excellent effort and hardly embarrassing.
It seems to me like more LB solo albums are a given at this point... something I'm very happy about, and am looking forward to! I bet Lindsey will record another 4-5 albums before he fully retires. Who knew he'd the the prolific solo Macster of the 21st Century?

Less likely are more Stevie solo records. At this point, I'm going to have to say we won't get another one. It's been 9 years now, and if she were going to change her mind, we'd have heard it from her lips by now. I think she just wrapped up her solo career with Trouble In Shangri La, and said everything she needed to say. And good for her for going out on top.

I'd say one last Mac album is pretty much a given at this point. I don't think it'll be next year... it will more likely be mid '11 or sometime in '12 at the earliest before we'd see it. The thing about Say You Will is this... there were some terrific songs on it, but it wasn't a terrific album. I know Lindsey has more to say artistically within the confines of the Mac... and it sounds like Stevie is determined to right what she felt like was wrong with Say You Will. If they truly get it right next time around, I think it'll be the last hurrah of their recording career. I see sporadic touring for another decade plus... but I think we'll only get one more album out of these kids.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
It seems to me like more LB solo albums are a given at this point... something I'm very happy about, and am looking forward to! I bet Lindsey will record another 4-5 albums before he fully retires.
If Pollard only released 4 albums a year, his fans would think he was dying or something...

Quote:
Who knew he'd the the prolific solo Macster of the 21st Century?
Apparently, my definition of "prolific" is skewed...

Quote:
Less likely are more Stevie solo records.
Doesn't bother me. The last one was okay at best. Should've quit after Wild Heart and given her best material after that to Fleetwood Mac, because it's been sad, IMO, since about 1986. Well, at least the part where she says she's a "solo artist." Really? Where's the art in always playing "Outside The Rain-Dreams," "I Need To Know," and buttload of songs you recorded with Fleetwood Mac, Stevie?

(Now, no Christine albums = a major source of my drinking problem...And, Lindsey = why I went to the indie dark side, which, as far as my feelings toward him is concerned, is why I went over to the indie dark side...Which really isn't all that dark).

Quote:
At this point, I'm going to have to say we won't get another one. It's been 9 years now, and if she were going to change her mind, we'd have heard it from her lips by now. I think she just wrapped up her solo career with Trouble In Shangri La, and said everything she needed to say. And good for her for going out on top.
'Twould've been in 1983 to go out on top. I'm just happy she's shutting up at this point.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
but isn't that EXACTLY what the Dance was essentially?
a greatest hits quasi reunion tour?
Christine and Stevie threw new songs in to the mix...oh o did Lindsey
i think it would be okay to maybe introduce ONE or TWO songs towards the end of the tour...at the end of the concert
just to see what kinda of reaction they get
The Dance was a reunion tour. And the band did throw in new songs, much the same they have with every tour they've done the last few decades. Lindsey, Stevie, and Mick have repeatedly said that for this current tour they did not want to worry about new songs, but wanted to offer up all the hits this time and just have fun. Could they introduce new songs, yes. Would they, no. Well, with the exception of Stevie singing a few lines of the "NOLA song".

Last edited by jwd; 12-14-2009 at 07:24 PM..
Old 12-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilthefirefades View Post
of all time, but i love all of Fleetwood Mac's equally. Say You Will just does it for me haha
Fair enough.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Could they introduce new songs, yes. Would they, no. Well, with the exception of Stevie singing a few verses of the NOLA song.
And Mick playing the first two bars of a new blues number in Ft. Lauderdale (9 seconds in duration), but nobody ever talks about that!!!

Also, in Salt Lake City, Utah, Lindsey strummed an entire measure & a half (14 seconds in duration) from a hitherto-unknown song he's been composing. But nobody ever talks about that!!!

the only one that ever gets mentioned is Stevie singing a few words from her New Orleans song (12 seconds in duration).

See how prolific they all are with their new material? We are blessed if we would but realize it!!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
And Mick playing the first two bars of a new blues number in Ft. Lauderdale (9 seconds in duration), but nobody ever talks about that!!!

Also, in Salt Lake City, Utah, Lindsey strummed an entire measure & a half (14 seconds in duration) from a hitherto-unknown song he's been composing. But nobody ever talks about that!!!

the only one that ever gets mentioned is Stevie singing a few words from her New Orleans song (12 seconds in duration).

See how prolific they all are with their new material? We are blessed if we would but realize it!!
Stevie was always the most popular one of the bunch, go figure. Actually I think the last time the band broke out new songs on the road was on The White Album Tour? Been eons ago, I tell ya!
Old 12-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Ok, so this is the first I've heard of this. Anybody capture this on tape?
Old 12-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yeah, that would be the new intro to NGBA he's using now.

Also, at Wembley, when they waved to Christine and she waved back, she blew a kiss, but also mouthed 7 words to a new song we'd never heard before, so I'm hopeful that she will have a part in the new album and I can't wait.

Michele
Old 12-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yeah, that would be the new intro to NGBA he's using now.

Also, at Wembley, when they waved to Christine and she waved back, she blew a kiss, but also mouthed 7 words to a new song we'd never heard before, so I'm hopeful that she will have a part in the new album and I can't wait.

Michele
Wait....what?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Old 12-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
but also mouthed 7 words to a new song we'd never heard before

Riiiiiight (in Dr. Evil fashion)