Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
My life sucks. JTIS.
You're not alone. Mine does, too.

While I'm successful in most aspects of life, the one aspect that has been the most important to me, has always escaped me. Love.

I'm still ~sort of~ seeing the grad student that I was, for the past two+ years, but the reins were pulled in on me, this past summer, and we now only have a "friends plus" sort of arrangement. Which.I.hate. One date a week(maybe two, on a good week). But I do it, because it's all I've got. I don't want hookups, I don't want friends plus. I want it all, and I'm consistently denied it. Because, "I just don't feel that we're ~perfect~ for each other".

And it sucks. I'm not happy with it, but we can't seem to break the connection(albeit limited now) between us. I'm still in love, but I feel it slowly being pulled from my body. The last thing I want to do, is give up, but...

JTIS
Old 10-20-2011, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My life sucks. JTIS.
At least you have a boyfriend that loves you. I'm alone. JTIS
Old 10-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
At least you have a boyfriend that loves you.
You got the first part right. lol
Old 10-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
At least you have a boyfriend that loves you. I'm alone. JTIS
Me too...

Has there been some kind of downtime today? Only since I woke up I've only now been able to access The Ledge. At first I had a "Database Error", and then it just said that "Google Chrome cannot access this site".

On a side not, I had a blood test last Friday to check on the state of my Anaemia. I was told to ring Wednesday for the results, but due to a lack of time I've only been able to ring today. My results were "as the Doctor expected". What in the hell is that supposed to tell me, lol?I feel like I know less now than before I called...

Last edited by Silver Springs; 10-21-2011 at 09:29 AM..
Old 10-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Other people are just tiring. You know that old song "Nobody's Knows You When You're Down and Out"? Truer words were never spoken. People only love you when they can get something out of you or if you're "contributing" in some way. The minute you're going through a rough patch...forget it. Even people who are supposed to love you and support you when you're going through sh!t. Especially if you're struggling with depression or some other kind of mental illness. In that case, all other people do is drag you down further. Look in the mirror. The person you see is the only person you can count on for anything.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Other people are just tiring. You know that old song "Nobody's Knows You When You're Down and Out"? Truer words were never spoken. People only love you when they can get something out of you or if you're "contributing" in some way. The minute you're going through a rough patch...forget it. Even people who are supposed to love you and support you when you're going through sh!t. Especially if you're struggling with depression or some other kind of mental illness. In that case, all other people do is drag you down further. Look in the mirror. The person you see is the only person you can count on for anything.
And here's me visiting The Ledge to cheer myself up. I'm gonna go now.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Markolas, sorry you're going through hard times.

BTW,

WKRG TV 5 SUCKS!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Me too...

Has there been some kind of downtime today? Only since I woke up I've only now been able to access The Ledge. At first I had a "Database Error", and then it just said that "Google Chrome cannot access this site".

On a side not, I had a blood test last Friday to check on the state of my Anaemia. I was told to ring Wednesday for the results, but due to a lack of time I've only been able to ring today. My results were "as the Doctor expected". What in the hell is that supposed to tell me, lol?I feel like I know less now than before I called...
Yeah, I had that same problem yesterday, anyone else ?

~Love is my higher power. Family is my strength. Art is my passion - Kat Von D
Old 10-22-2011, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccamorrisfift View Post
Yeah, I had that same problem yesterday, anyone else ?

If you will look at the top of each forum, there is a sticky note about Ledge maintenance. The Ledge server currently is experiencing some glitches. The Ledge will go down on Sunday for several hours & hopefully everything will be ironed out after that.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
If you will look at the top of each forum, there is a sticky note about Ledge maintenance. The Ledge server currently is experiencing some glitches. The Ledge will go down on Sunday for several hours & hopefully everything will be ironed out after that.
Okay, thanks for clearing that up, I was aware of the downtime but I didn't know there was problems ? Hope it sorts itself out.

JTIS, I'm just going out to a party that I'd really rather not go to. Merr.

~Love is my higher power. Family is my strength. Art is my passion - Kat Von D
Old 10-22-2011, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Trying to pluck up the courage to get a Patti Smith inspired tattoo on my ribs.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm thinking of getting a peace sign tat on my wrist but don't know whether to get the words "Believe" "Imagine" or "Let It Be" in cursive under it!

All three are songs that I really really love, and I can see all three words being under it! Sigh.... Sighhghghghgg... big dilemma. :P What do y'all think?

Also, wild-heart..... the ribs... ouch! I would need a ship load of courage!
Old 10-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So good to have you back Jilly. BTW, your husband has hardly been here as well. You two must be having one heck of a time as newlyweds.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
I'm thinking of getting a peace sign tat on my wrist but don't know whether to get the words "Believe" "Imagine" or "Let It Be" in cursive under it!

All three are songs that I really really love, and I can see all three words being under it! Sigh.... Sighhghghghgg... big dilemma. :P What do y'all think?

Also, wild-heart..... the ribs... ouch! I would need a ship load of courage!
let it be (: The wrist isn't too bad either i found it quite relaxing aha. I know i'm nervous, i'm actually okay with pain but it's just before i get really nervous & I've heard the ribs is quite bad.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Being alone is a hell of a lot better than living with a control freak who seems to resent your very existence. I'm supposed to be cleaning the house and cooking dinner right now for his mom and sister who are coming over later - I'm expected to do all of this myself because he works a full-time job and I "only" go to school. I have half a mind to take off and leave him to entertain his family himself.