User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Yes, I recall interviews not long after she bought it and she expressed buyer's remorse saying she bought it because when she saw it the previous owners were still in it and it had all the trappings of a happy family living in it.... but then of course they moved out and it was her and whoever living there and the house suddenly felt too big and empty and etc and so she wanted to sell it. Clearly she didn't, for whatever reason..
She didn't sell it because of' 'the market during those years', was my understanding. She said as much in a magazine interview, though I don't recall which one.

Last edited by Nathan; 04-05-2013 at 10:56 PM..
Old 04-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
It may be that she tried to sell it and then took it back off the market. I can tell you that a couple of articles with photos made the rounds awhile back, saying she was selling it and including the "ghost" story, but come to think of it I guess I don't remember seeing specifically yet that it was actually sold.
What was the ghost story? Would love to hear it!!
Old 04-06-2013, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLight77 View Post
What was the ghost story? Would love to hear it!!
Here's a real estate article from 2007 that mentions that the house was on the market and the ghosts: http://realestalker.blogspot.nl/2007...-hears_14.html
This is the interview with Stevie from 2007 that bombaysaffires is referring to (I think): http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/3...ors-story.html
Quote:
'I saw it, and there was this big family living here that obviously loved it. So there was a vibe here. And something in me thought, maybe I can have that. I was not here three days before I thought, what the hell do I here? I was too shallow and stupid to realise that it wasn't the house I'd fallen in love with but the mom and the dad and the four kids, and the smells of the cooking.' She sighs. It is, she reflects, a house 'for adults. And even though I'm pushing 60 I don't feel that I'm that old yet.'

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 04-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I think she does not care about the money.She just loves touring.She does not care who she is touring with as we see in the past years with Don Henley.Tom Petty.Sheryl Crow ,Chris Isaak ,Rod Stewart and Dave Grohl and who ever else I forgot to mention. .She just loves touring and seeing our faces for the millionth time.
It's obvious she loves the money. She loves the expensive jewelery, the houses, the private jets, etc. she's admitted before that she loves the lifestyle that being a rock star has afforded her over the years. She friggin' loves being a celebrity and all the adoration she gets from being who she is. I call bull crap to pretty much any rich rock star who says they don't care about the money. It's always after they make the big bucks that they supposedly don't care about the money anymore. Stevie wouldn't head out with Fleetwood Mac if she didn't want all those millions in her bank at the end of it. I honestly don't blame her. It must be fun to have tens of millions of dollars in your bank and another fat cheque to cash at the end of a tour. Her main income now is from touring, hence why she's toured solidly for over a decade now. She's getting the money in before she's too old to go out.

Quote:
I cant blame her for not producing new stuff solo and with Mac.Why bother .Radio stations don't give a rats a$$ about putting older artists on their playlists and also Stevie opinion about internet freeloaders stealing her works.
I'm sorry but there is no excuse for such a self-proclaimed prolific songwriter to go ten years without releasing a studio album. The whole argument of internet freeloaders is utter crap. She should want to make a new album because she wants to create new music. It all goes back to the money. Countless other acts her age and older are consistently releasing new music and not getting radio play. She needs to realise that it's not the 1980s anymore and the days of million-selling albums and major radio hits are over for her. I would bet good money we don't get a follow-up to In Your Dreams for at least another 2-3 years. She seemed so re-energized and inspired after In Your Dreams came out and she should have take advantage of that. She should have taken a short break after the tour had finished and headed back into the studio to record the follow-up. We could have had a new album this year instead of yet another FM greatest hits tour.

Quote:
If her solo shows and FM shows start showing that nobody showing up for the concerts.Then she got to make a change or retire.

So far her shows and FM shows are still selling tickets for these greatest hits tours in the last few years.

I know the shows sound like a broken record when Stevie/FM plays the same stale set lists."Pun intended"I just enjoy seeing her in person.We are all getting older.I don't know how many more years we can do this.
The fact that she toured pretty much consistently for nearly 10 years without a brand new album hasn't done her any favours. She shouldn't simply stick to performing the same songs just because it keeps the crowds coming. She has a huge back catalogue to choose from but continues to ignore about 90% of it. Stevie actually has trouble selling out a lot of these big arenas by herself. She tends to sell well in smaller amphitheatres/arenas but even then many of them aren't sold out. And don't even get me started on her continuing to ignore Europe when it comes to solo shows. That is unforgivable as far as I'm concerned. She can kiss my ass if I'm paying expensive airfare to go and see her across the other side of the world.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:35 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
Here's a real estate article from 2007 that mentions that the house was on the market and the ghosts: http://realestalker.blogspot.nl/2007...-hears_14.html
This is the interview with Stevie from 2007 that bombaysaffires is referring to (I think): http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/3...ors-story.html

Thanks Sanne! I'll check those out...
Old 04-07-2013, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
yes, that's it Sanne2!
Old 04-07-2013, 01:11 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSorcerer View Post
It's obvious she loves the money. She loves the expensive jewelery, the houses, the private jets, etc. she's admitted before that she loves the lifestyle that being a rock star has afforded her over the years. She friggin' loves being a celebrity and all the adoration she gets from being who she is. I call bull crap to pretty much any rich rock star who says they don't care about the money. It's always after they make the big bucks that they supposedly don't care about the money anymore. Stevie wouldn't head out with Fleetwood Mac if she didn't want all those millions in her bank at the end of it. I honestly don't blame her. It must be fun to have tens of millions of dollars in your bank and another fat cheque to cash at the end of a tour. Her main income now is from touring, hence why she's toured solidly for over a decade now. She's getting the money in before she's too old to go out.

I'm sorry but there is no excuse for such a self-proclaimed prolific songwriter to go ten years without releasing a studio album. The whole argument of internet freeloaders is utter crap. She should want to make a new album because she wants to create new music. It all goes back to the money. Countless other acts her age and older are consistently releasing new music and not getting radio play. She needs to realise that it's not the 1980s anymore and the days of million-selling albums and major radio hits are over for her. I would bet good money we don't get a follow-up to In Your Dreams for at least another 2-3 years. She seemed so re-energized and inspired after In Your Dreams came out and she should have take advantage of that. She should have taken a short break after the tour had finished and headed back into the studio to record the follow-up. We could have had a new album this year instead of yet another FM greatest hits tour.

The fact that she toured pretty much consistently for nearly 10 years without a brand new album hasn't done her any favours. She shouldn't simply stick to performing the same songs just because it keeps the crowds coming. She has a huge back catalogue to choose from but continues to ignore about 90% of it. Stevie actually has trouble selling out a lot of these big arenas by herself. She tends to sell well in smaller amphitheatres/arenas but even then many of them aren't sold out. And don't even get me started on her continuing to ignore Europe when it comes to solo shows. That is unforgivable as far as I'm concerned. She can kiss my ass if I'm paying expensive airfare to go and see her across the other side of the world.

TheSorcerer, I agree with you on so many points. This 2013 tour is another greatest hits tour. Other than the 4 new songs, nothing is different. They won't have to give much effort on songs they have sung over and over. So it will be easy money. And that's what makes me most angry. Even Not That Funny is so condensed that not much effort is put into it. Sisters...it was ok, but could use more drama. Without You was great, and can't wait to hear more BN stuff. Sad Angel was also great. I wish they would just make an album. But as for songs they have already done...like I said, easy money.

Last edited by NoLight77; 04-07-2013 at 01:17 AM..
Old 04-07-2013, 04:23 AM
Registered

Quote:
TheSorcerer, I agree with you on so many points. This 2013 tour is another greatest hits tour. Other than the 4 new songs, nothing is different. They won't have to give much effort on songs they have sung over and over. So it will be easy money. And that's what makes me most angry. Even Not That Funny is so condensed that not much effort is put into it. Sisters...it was ok, but could use more drama. Without You was great, and can't wait to hear more BN stuff. Sad Angel was also great. I wish they would just make an album. But as for songs they have already done...like I said, easy money.
worth noting that what makes them "easy money" is also what 99% of concert-goers want to hear.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She abused Klonopin.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireflies View Post
worth noting that what makes them "easy money" is also what 99% of concert-goers want to hear.
It's too bad then. Because the true fans' requests are being ignored. I don't think they'd be lined up and shot if they didn't do Gold Dust Woman and Landslide and all the others they over do.

On the contrary, I think if they did different songs, people's interest in them would grow and they would want to find out more about FM. They'd go on ITunes and look up their catalogue.

As it is now, all anyone has to do is buy a Greatest Hits cd and be done with it.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
It's too bad then. Because the true fans' requests are being ignored. I don't think they'd be lined up and shot if they didn't do Gold Dust Woman and Landslide and all the others they over do.

On the contrary, I think if they did different songs, people's interest in them would grow and they would want to find out more about FM. They'd go on ITunes and look up their catalogue.

As it is now, all anyone has to do is buy a Greatest Hits cd and be done with it.
Totally agree. It makes no sense to me that 99% of concert-goers would want to hear the same songs over and over again. I mean, this tour is basically the SYW DVD with a few tweaks here and there. The SYW DVD itself was The Dance without Christine.
If 99% of concert-goers really are only interested in hearing Rhiannon and GYOW for the zillionth time then I'm going to start losing my respect for FM fans.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've just watched the whole show on youtube and I think she's right that people don't want to hear the new songs in concert. During WY and SA the audience was notably quieter and not so enthusiastic afterwards.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
I've just watched the whole show on youtube and I think she's right that people don't want to hear the new songs in concert. During WY and SA the audience was notably quieter and not so enthusiastic afterwards.
I get your point, but disagree, somewhat.

The audience is quieter because they are listening instead of singing along (well, sometimes). They are less enthused afterwards because the song did not connect with them emotionally, and it can't, until they know it better. Once a song has that emotional connection with fans, or is associated with a time or place or memory, then it can be a concert staple that is welcomed by the casual fan.

Stevie just mistakes a lack of emotional connection for disinterest. Fans can't establish memories and feelings about songs if they don't hear them.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 04-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Ledgie

[QUOTE=The Catdancer;1086801]I've just watched the whole show on youtube and I think she's right that people don't want to hear the new songs in concert. During WY and SA the audience was notably quieter and not so enthusiastic afterwards.[/QUOTE

I disagree, I think the dedicated do notice the new songs. And appreciate them.

Everybody loved Without You and Sad Angel.

When Lindsey played Stephanie on his solo tour everyone freaked out.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I DO NOT like Without You. There, I said it. Not looking forward to hearing it in Boston at all.

That being said, Sad Angel is beautiful .