User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Last night I sat up watching F/Mac Unleashed tour dvd, Madison New York 11/6/09, with the sound up pretty loud headphones on, just after Landslide finished , it was kinda quiet when someone in the crowd yelled out Stevie's name, then this drunken jerk yelled out at the top of her voice = Stevie is soooo F###ING Fat & how old is she 61?, then a fan started clapping really loud to drown out any further rude remarks, by the look on Stevie's face she heard everything, firstly I was very shocked, my heart ached for Stevie, then I hoped that someone in the audience had killed that person!!!!!
I cant wait only 2 days before Brisbane concert, 3rd row Yeeeeehaaa!!!!!!!
I was at this concert, and I remember the crowd going nuts with Landslide, singing right along with her, great response from the crowd. So I popped my DVD of this show in to hear this unfortunate incident. What I heard was after Landslide, during the beautiful intro to NGBA, 2 women talking, probably in the vicinity of the device that recorded this show. It appears it was filmed from the back of the Garden off the screens, so I think these women were just talking during a mellow intro and the recorder picked it up. I don't believe this was directed at Stevie. Yes, the weight comment was made, then a woman ask's the other woman," How old are you", and the other woman replies, " 61 ". Just banter.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
The reality is, Stevie makes her living from these concerts. If somebody shells out $150 to see the band, and thinks Stevie looks fat, shouldn't they be able to say it?
No, they should not be able to yell it out in the middle of a concert. That infringes on the $150 I shelled out for the show. When you interrupt the proceedings like that, you spoil the experience for other audience members, not just the star. If they want to tell Stevie she's fat, maybe they should write her a letter.

I don't need to have people yelling out they don't like Stevie's hair in the middle of Landslide when I'm trying to enjoy the song.

Michele
Old 12-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Maybe the person didn't end up getting what they expected? If I paid $150+ tax/fees and didn't get what I was hoping for, I wouldn't be too happy either.
Then, why didn't they yell about what they expected and not about her weight? I doubt the person went to the show expecting Stevie to be skinny. If they wanted a longer show, stronger vocals, more dancing, or Sisters of the Moon, it would be much more productive to yell about those things. "You're fat" has nothing to do with the expenditure of $150.

Michele
Old 12-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgeOldDesire View Post

Here are some sage words of advice from a very poignant and relevant song, "You take the good, you take the bad. You take them both and there you have...the Facts Of Life."
That Alan Thicke is a true poet.

Michele
Old 12-14-2009, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
No, they should not be able to yell it out in the middle of a concert. That infringes on the $150 I shelled out for the show. When you interrupt the proceedings like that, you spoil the experience for other audience members, not just the star. If they want to tell Stevie she's fat, maybe they should write her a letter.

I don't need to have people yelling out they don't like Stevie's hair in the middle of Landslide when I'm trying to enjoy the song.

Michele
I agree. No one wants to hear that, it puts a damper on the show. Why someone would think this is an ok thing to do is really beyond me.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

That's about as bad as that delusional drunk yelling "Sing to me Stevie!!!" during BATB in Vegas. That deserved a bitch slap if nothing else.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Ledgie

All I say is try doing what she does at almost 62 years of age - it's hard enough to try doing it at almost 30. I applaud her.

"All I ever wanted .. was to know that you were dreaming ..."