Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It would be a bit of a fag-end to a recording oeuvre
What does that even mean? A "FAG-END to a recording oeuvre??"
Old 08-20-2017, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From a British English perspective:

Fag End

1.1 The last part of something, especially when regarded as less important or interesting.
‘the fag end of the Indian cricket season’

see

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/fag_end

Oeuvre can mean body of work, so I think what I intended to say is clear.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
From a British English perspective:

Fag End

1.1 The last part of something, especially when regarded as less important or interesting.
‘the fag end of the Indian cricket season’

see

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/fag_end

Oeuvre can mean body of work, so I think what I intended to say is clear.
Old 08-20-2017, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish you Brits would learn to speak English.
Old 08-20-2017, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTEI wish you Brits would learn to speak English.[/QUOTE]

Homer, hahaha
Old 08-20-2017, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I wish you Brits would learn to speak English.
Oh, I think that's as likely as us letting Americans join a former blues-based British music combo...
Old 08-20-2017, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
Oh, I think that's as likely as us letting Americans join a former blues-based British music combo...
Easily the worst thing that ever happened to Fleetwood Mac. With the exception of Bob Welch.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTEEasily the worst thing that ever happened to Fleetwood Mac. With the exception of Bob Welch.][/QUOTE]

I think Bob Welch deserves more credit than that.
"Sentimental Lady" is a beautiful song, especially the solo version with Christine featured on back-up vocals.
And "Ebony Eyes" is pure classic rock.
Old 08-20-2017, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd be happy with a parting single as long as it is the 5 fireflies. I won't expect more than a cash grab tour though.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
[QUOTEEasily the worst thing that ever happened to Fleetwood Mac. With the exception of Bob Welch.]
I think Bob Welch deserves more credit than that.
"Sentimental Lady" is a beautiful song, especially the solo version with Christine featured on back-up vocals.
And "Ebony Eyes" is pure classic rock.[/QUOTE]

I love Bob Welch!
Old 08-20-2017, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Apologies in advance if this gets rambly or whatever, bUT:

I was at the Classic a few weeks ago, and one of my favorite music critics Bob Lefsetz wrote an awesome review of the performance. Presciently he writes:

Quote:
the thing about Fleetwood Mac is…

THEY’RE ALL HERE!

Doobie brothers are dead.

Walter Becker was too sick to show up.

Glenn Frey died.

Only three of twelve members of Earth, Wind & Fire are originals.

Steve Perry is absent.

But it’s the originals, the same people standing in Fleetwood Mac, and that’s positively AMAZING!

It’s not gonna go on forever folks. Our heroes are dropping like flies. And who knows when Lindsey will take a left turn. And Stevie doesn’t really need the rest, but on this night…

Mick is pounding, John is pulling, Lindsey’s wailing, Christine is tickling and…

Stevie is SINGING!

And twirling.

Rock on ancient queen indeed!

It’s when you’re at one with the music, when you can think of nothing else, when you’re thrusting your arm in the air that you know the performance is working, that the moment is transcendent, that you’re living in the rock and roll flow.
Frey's passing last year made me realize that my time with my favorite music was approaching its end. At the Classic I couldn't help but break down. There I was, surrounded by tens of thousands of people, singing along to the songs that have defined generations.

If I'm being honest, I don't think we can expect new music. Buckingham McVie is a gorgeous body of work, and if it ends there, I think that they as well as Stevie, would be content. No need to force something that isn't organic as Liddy would say. These are five human beings, seasoned musicians, with families and more of their lives behind them than ahead. Our fireflies have been through hell and back, and I swear there were times after SYW, and then after Unleashed tour that I thought that was the end. I can't help but be thankful that they've made it this far, still willing to let us experience this magnificent band.

There will never be anything again like Fleetwood Mac. They've more than earned their right to fade in whatever way they choose, with all of us supportive as ever, making sure their legacy lives on as the music lives on. One day I'll get to tell my children I was alive when Fleetwood Mac was making music and that alone is freaking awesome.

THAT BEING SAID, I WOULD ACTUALLY DIE IF THERE WAS A NEW ALBUM. VAULT SONGS?! NEW SONGS?! I'LL LOVE IT

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 08-20-2017, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 View Post
Apologies in advance if this gets rambly or whatever, bUT:

I was at the Classic a few weeks ago, and one of my favorite music critics Bob Lefsetz wrote an awesome review of the performance. Presciently he writes:

Frey's passing last year made me realize that my time with my favorite music was approaching its end. At the Classic I couldn't help but break down. There I was, surrounded by tens of thousands of people, singing along to the songs that have defined generations.

If I'm being honest, I don't think we can expect new music. Buckingham McVie is a gorgeous body of work, and if it ends there, I think that they as well as Stevie, would be content. No need to force something that isn't organic as Liddy would say. These are five human beings, seasoned musicians, with families and more of their lives behind them than ahead. Our fireflies have been through hell and back, and I swear there were times after SYW, and then after Unleashed tour that I thought that was the end. I can't help but be thankful that they've made it this far, still willing to let us experience this magnificent band.

There will never be anything again like Fleetwood Mac. They've more than earned their right to fade in whatever way they choose, with all of us supportive as ever, making sure their legacy lives on as the music lives on. One day I'll get to tell my children I was alive when Fleetwood Mac was making music and that alone is freaking awesome.

THAT BEING SAID, I WOULD ACTUALLY DIE IF THERE WAS A NEW ALBUM. VAULT SONGS?! NEW SONGS?! I'LL LOVE IT
And Gregg Allman died the day before Steve's birthday. He was 69. An entire generation of musical greats are dying. One day we'll look back and say we lived in the FM Age. You'll tell your kids, I'll tell anyone who'll listen!

I work with a lady who is a Doors fanatic. We've had zillions of conversations about how she never got to see Jim Morrison live. He's dead so buying anything autographed is financially impossible. I can't tell you how my heart breaks for her. Her family refers to me as the "FM lady at work". Sometimes I feel bad talking about BuckVie or the September Stevie show at Ravinia. I totally understand how you broke down at the show. Every time I see some form of FM I wonder if it will be my last.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We are 15 years since the last compilation "The Very Best Of Fleetwood Mac" released in 2002, so we are likely overdue another 'Greatest Hits Album' cash grab, expect another greatest hit package next year to tie into the tour, maybe with a few new songs or never-before-released outtakes that are still be in the vaults

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 08-21-2017, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think we'll see another greatest hits album next year. The label seems focused on releasing the Expanded or Deluxe Editions first, and the White Album still needs the treatment, and will probably get it in 2018.
Old 08-22-2017, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don't think we'll see another greatest hits album next year. The label seems focused on releasing the Expanded or Deluxe Editions first, and the White Album still needs the treatment, and will probably get it in 2018.
AND...I'd be willing to bet Rumours will be repackaged and re-released at least one more time because ultimately that is always the enduring cash-cow!
*Ricoh*