The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In the US - Rumours will hit the charts again once the tour starts. This is a temporary blip!
Old 09-11-2014, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are this weeks chart updates for the UK and US. There are no new certifications this week.

Great news for the UK! Thanks to a Friday night showing of the 2009 'Don't Stop' documentary, two albums return to the top 100. First of all, 'The Very best of' surges to #47 from #118 last week on sales of approximately 1,400. The albums sales consists mainly of digital sales where the album sits at #30 on the digital albums chart, a massive jump from #83 last week. The album did reach as high as #17 on the iTunes album chart on the weekend and is still currently within the top 30 as it's still on sale for only £4.99.

'Rumours' also jumps considerably to #67 from #136 last week on sales of approximately 1,100. The album also moves up on the catalogue albums chart to #17 from #29 last week. The album did reach as high as #35 on the iTunes album chart on the weekend.

There is still no activity in the US but in a few weeks with the start of the tour and the promotion that will most likely happen, I'm sure we'll see something on the charts.

A lot more activity this week which is nice as last week was pretty dire! I will post next week.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry for the late post, I've been really busy this weekend. Here are this weeks chart updates for the UK and US. There are no new certifications this week.

On the UK charts for last Sunday, 'The Very best of' and 'Rumours' both slip only one place dropping from #47 to #48 and from #67 to #68 respectively. 'The Very best of' also jumps one place on the digital albums chart to #29 from #30 the previous week. 'The Very best of' sold approximately 1,600 copies in that week.

Though 'Rumours' drops a place on the main albums chart, it rockets up to #7 on the catalogue albums chart from #17 last week. The album sold approximately 1,300 copies in that week.

There is again nothing to report this week over on the US charts but in the next week or so with Stevie's 'The Voice' appearance and also any buzz to do with the Fleetwood Mac tour, I'm sure we'll see a few titles appearing on the catalogue charts and even the main charts.

Very little change since last week but I'll post again next week when hopefully we'll see something happening in the US.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry for the late post guys. Here are this weeks chart updates for the UK and US. There are no new certifications this week.

On the UK charts for last Sunday, 'The Very best of' is the only Fleetwood Mac title remaining on the main top 100 and it takes a battering, falling from #48 the previous week to #95 on sales of approximately 900 copies.

'Rumours' completely falls off of the top 100 from #68 the previous week but remains on the catalogue albums chart at #18, falling from its #7 position the previous week.

Still no activity in the US but with the tour kicking off in only a couple of days, we should see a few titles re-appearing on the catalogue charts or even the main albums chart.

I'll post again next week where 'Rumours' will make a triumphant return on the UK charts as it is only 99p on Amazon mp3. Exciting news!!!

Last edited by James89; 09-28-2014 at 11:52 AM..
Old 10-02-2014, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are this weeks chart updates for the UK and US. There are no new certifications this week.

Amazing news for the UK! 'Rumours' has received a lot of attention due to Amazon having the mp3 version on a drastic sale for just 99p. This offer no longer exists. The album therefore rocketed to #1 on the Amazon mp3 albums chart and sold enough copies to reach #11 on the main UK top 100 albums chart with sales of 8,718, a whopping increase from the week previously when the album was at #104. 'Rumours' also manages to reach #1 on the catalogue albums chart, it was at #18 the previous week. The album hasn't reached as high as #11 since February 2013.

Unfortunately, 'The Very best of' doesn't make an appearance on the top 100 this week, it was at #95 the previous week. This is likely due to the fact that in the previous week, iTunes had the album on sale for £4.99 and that sale ended just before last week resulting in a drop in sales.

Over in the US, 'Greatest Hits' has reached as high as #26 on the iTunes albums chart earlier this week but there is nothing yet on the Billboard charts published today. Expect to see 'Greatest Hits' back on the Billboard 200 next week and maybe even 'Rumours' back on the catalogue charts.

A lot more activity this week. Expect to see more happening on the US charts next week.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Sorry for the late post again guys. I've been tracking Stevie's album all week and forgot a little bit about FM! Anyway, here are this weeks chart updates for the UK and US. There are no new certifications this week.

In the UK last Sunday, 'Rumours' falls 42 places to #53, which is to be expected after the Amazon promotion ended at the end of the previous week. The album also drops to #5 on the catalogue albums chart where it topped the chart the previous week. 'Rumours' sold approximately 2,000 copies in the week.

At long last there is news from the US! 'Rumours', 'The Very best of' and 'Greatest Hits' all re-enter the Billboard 200 at #164, #175 and #177 respectively. The albums also re-enter the catalogue albums chart. 'Rumours' at #30, 'The Very best of' at #34 and 'Greatest Hits' at #36. Unfortunately I can't find any sales figures.
The albums will likely rise further on the charts next week due to the bands appearance on the 'Today Show' earlier this week.

Nice to see some US chart activity this week and there'll hopefully be even more next week.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And if anyone knows sales information for those records since their last certification. Rumours last certified in 2003. It is my understanding, it's sold 3M plus since then. Seriously - why not re-certified? And I saw something that GH has sold more than that. But does anyone know? Particularly for the following:

White Album
Rumours
GH
VBOFM
Old 10-12-2014, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
And if anyone knows sales information for those records since their last certification. Rumours last certified in 2003. It is my understanding, it's sold 3M plus since then. Seriously - why not re-certified? And I saw something that GH has sold more than that. But does anyone know? Particularly for the following:

White Album
Rumours
GH
VBOFM
Unfortunately there are only sales figures for the albums since 1991. All I know is that the albums you have mentioned all need re-certifying.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not a lot happening in the UK with 'The Very best of' re-entering at #95 with sales of approximately 900 copies. 'Rumours' remains on the catalogue charts moving down to #14 from #5 last week.

Again, a lot more happening in the US where Fleetwood Mac have three titles within the Billboard 200, four if you count Stevie's album which debuts at #7 but we won't go into that!

'Rumours', 'Greatest Hits', and 'The Very best of' all move up on the chart to #83, #121 and #148 respectively. They all move up from their positions of #164, #177 and #175 last week. Again, I have no sales information.

Over on the catalogue charts, 'Rumours' rockets up from #30 last week to #4, 'Greatest Hits' also moves up from #36 to #12, and 'The Very best of' also moves up from #34 to #22.
There is also a very rare appearance for 'Fleetwood Mac' which re-enters but only just at #50. This is only the albums 6th week within the top 50 of the catalogue charts.

A lot of great stuff happening in the US this week and I will say a big congrats to Stevie who has bagged her sixth top 20 UK album and her sixth top 10 US album. Great news!
Old 10-19-2014, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post

Not a lot happening in the UK with 'The Very best of' re-entering at #95 with sales of approximately 900 copies. 'Rumours' remains on the catalogue charts moving down to #14 from #5 last week.

Again, a lot more happening in the US where Fleetwood Mac have three titles within the Billboard 200, four if you count Stevie's album which debuts at #7 but we won't go into that!

'Rumours', 'Greatest Hits', and 'The Very best of' all move up on the chart to #83, #121 and #148 respectively. They all move up from their positions of #164, #177 and #175 last week. Again, I have no sales information.

Over on the catalogue charts, 'Rumours' rockets up from #30 last week to #4, 'Greatest Hits' also moves up from #36 to #12, and 'The Very best of' also moves up from #34 to #22.
There is also a very rare appearance for 'Fleetwood Mac' which re-enters but only just at #50. This is only the albums 6th week within the top 50 of the catalogue charts.

A lot of great stuff happening in the US this week and I will say a big congrats to Stevie who has bagged her sixth top 20 UK album and her sixth top 10 US album. Great news!
Speaking of certifications, Crystal Visions should be certified Gold and is not yet.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are this weeks chart updates for the UK and US. For once there is a new certification with 'Rumours' being certified 20xPlatinum in the US. Fantastic news!

In the UK, 'The Very best of' climbs 5 places to #90 on the main albums chart with sales of approximately 900 copies. 'Rumours' remains on the catalogue charts where it hasn't left for quite some years. It remains at #14 again this week.

Over in the US, 'Rumours', 'The Very best of' and 'Greatest Hits' remain on the Billboard 200 for a third consecutive week. They move down this week to #97, #157 and #163 respectively selling 3,617, 2,502 and 2,461 copies respectively. These figures are from SoundScan. This is the first time in quite a while that 'Rumours' has spent two consecutive weeks within the top 100.

On the catalogue charts, 'Rumours', 'The Very best of' and 'Greatest Hits' move down slightly to #7, #24 and #26 respectively.

Fleetwood Mac remain to sell well in the US probably due to the buzz from the tour. I'll post again next week where I suspect there won't be much change on the charts.

Last edited by James89; 10-27-2014 at 06:31 PM..
Old 10-30-2014, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In the UK, 'The Very best of' climbs 6 places on the main albums chart to #84 on sales of approximately 1,100. 'Rumours' re-enters the top 100 at #96, climbing 25 places from the #121 position it held the previous week. The album also sits one place above Stevie's new album and sold approximately 900 copies in the week. The catalogue position for 'Rumours' is currently unavailable as the chart is only showing positions which are for the previous week.

Over in the US, Fleetwood Mac have three titles on the Billboard 200 for a fourth consecutive week. This is quite a rare occurrence to have so many titles stick around.

This week it is 'Greatest Hits' which leads the pack on the Billboard 200 leaping 69 positions to #94 on sales of 3,842. This is the first time in approximately a year that GH has been within the top 100. It also leaps to #6 on the catalogue chart where it was at #26 the previous week. The hike in sales is due to an iTunes promotion which saw the album reach as high as #34 on the iTunes albums chart last week.

'Rumours' is second, falling 59 places to #156 this week on sales of 2,459. The album also drops on the catalogue chart from #7 to #21.

'The Very best of' is the final FM title to grace the Billboard 200 and it moves down slightly this week to #171 from #157 last week on sales of 2,309. It does however remain at #24 on the catalogue chart.

Still a large amount of activity in the US and it looks as though things are looking up in the UK too with two titles being within the top 100. US sales figures sourced from SoundScan which I found on a forum.

I'll post again next week!

Last edited by James89; 10-30-2014 at 02:06 PM..
Old 11-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In the UK, 'The Very best of' climbs slightly further to #77 from #84 last week with sales of approximately 1,200 copies. 'Rumours' remains on the catalogue albums chart moving up one place to #13 from #14 last week.

Things have died down in the US with only Fleetwood Mac's 'Greatest Hits' remaining on the Billboard 200. This week it falls a whopping 92 places landing at #186 with sales of 2,390 copies.

'Greatest Hits' is also the only album that remains on the catalogue albums chart, moving down 29 places to #35 this week.

Things seem to have died down in the US where a few titles were still selling well last week. Interest seems to be swapping from the US to the UK as Mick has been doing a lot of radio interviews and made a morning TV appearance this week for his book.

Since the newest UK charts were published today, I can tell you that things are looking up, but there isn't a drastic improvement. Expect a lot more next Sunday as 'Rumours' has been high on the iTunes chart later this week as it is on sale at £4.99 and has been as high as #45.

Expect more next week.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are this weeks chart updates for the UK and US. There is a new certification this week with The Chain being certified Silver in the UK. That brings Fleetwood Mac's total certified single sales to 1.1 million. Great news!

It's pretty dire this week with Billboard having published the charts today and there is no FM title anywhere, not even on the catalogue charts where they seemed to have a permanent residence.

Things are looking up though in the UK with FM having two titles within the top 100 and the top 75 for that matter.

Starting with the biggest seller in the week, Rumours has risen from #104 last week to #70 this week on sales of approximately 1,500 copies. It also rises from #13 to #10 on the catalogue albums chart. This increase in sales is primarily due to iTunes having the album on sale for just £4.99. This promotion is still on and the album will surely rise from this position on Sunday's chart.

The Very best of also rises very slightly to #74 from #77 last week. This is the albums 123rd week within the UK top 100 and it's spent a whopping 368 weeks within the top 200. The album sold approximately 1,400 copies in the week.

Still a good amount of interest in the UK and unfortunately the US seems to have lost interest. Rumours will likely rise again on Sunday and I will be sure to post next week!

Last edited by James89; 11-13-2014 at 12:41 PM..
Old 11-20-2014, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Only a slight improvement in the UK on Sunday with Rumours moving up only very slightly to #68 from #70 last week on sales of approximately 1,900 copies. It also moves up on the catalogue chart to #8 from #10 last week.

The Very best of moves down slightly from #74 to #76 this week on sales of approximately 1,600 copies.

Over in the US, things are looking up! Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard 200 at #142 on sales of 2,955 copies. Rumours also re-enters at #176 on sales of 2,854 copies. Both albums re-enter the catalogue chart at #35 and #49 respectively. Not sure why this has happened but it's good news.

Things are looking better this week, especially in the US. I'll post again next week.