Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Abba Can't Beat FM Incest

[These jokes come a dozen a day. The world has an exaggerated view of the number of people who slept together in Fleetwood Mac. Well, the number of people we know slept with each other, that is]

From a review of Bright Lights Dark Shadows, The Real Story of ABBA

http://blogcritics.org/books/article...-dark-shadows/

I know it's what I consider the "good stuff." We're talking about the hardcore dirty details of one of the most romantically incestuous bands on that side of the pond. On American shores, of course, no group can hold a candle to Fleetwood Mac; I think the last pairing remaining for them is Mick Fleetwood and Lindsey Buckingham, and I'm pretty sure they were spotted canoodling at the Knitting Factory last weekend. But, in Europe, these four have the market cornered.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

lol!

Though I'm not sure what they mean about Abba romances being incestuous. Are they suggesting there were other romances between them other than the 2 married couples?
Old 07-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
lol!

Though I'm not sure what they mean about Abba romances being incestuous. Are they suggesting there were other romances between them other than the 2 married couples?
I think they just mean the idea of two married couples being in a band together (and then breaking up and still being the band) is a little incestuous in itself.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Like I have any doubt that Mick and Lindsey have canoodled!

Michele
Old 07-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think the last pairing remaining for them is Mick Fleetwood and Lindsey Buckingham,.
So Christine had slept with Mick and Lindsey. I don't think so. The closest approach between Chris and Linds was at the Rolling Stong cover, I guess. But hard to believe they had an affair, even if it was a one night shoot. Though you never know...
Old 07-12-2009, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
So Christine had slept with Mick and Lindsey. I don't think so. The closest approach between Chris and Linds was at the Rolling Stong cover, I guess. But hard to believe they had an affair, even if it was a one night shoot. Though you never know...
But it is fun when Christine and Lindsey kiss on the Mirage video. Also, I believe that they kissed during Tusk at the Us Festival, but I can't find that footage any more. And Stevie, who never seemed to like Tusk all that much in the first place, didn't like it then either.

And it was certainly nice when Stevie bowed and they kissed over her head for The Danve video.

During the SYW tour, sometimes when Mick would do the introductions, Lindsey would get a running start and then slide across the stage over to Mick when his name was called and then Mick would kiss Lindsey on the side of his head. I always thought that was kind of sweet.

Michele
Old 07-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But it is fun when Christine and Lindsey kiss on the Mirage video. Also, I believe that they kissed during Tusk at the Us Festival, but I can't find that footage any more. And Stevie, who never seemed to like Tusk all that much in the first place, didn't like it then either.

And it was certainly nice when Stevie bowed and they kissed over her head for The Danve video.

During the SYW tour, sometimes when Mick would do the introductions, Lindsey would get a running start and then slide across the stage over to Mick when his name was called and then Mick would kiss Lindsey on the side of his head. I always thought that was kind of sweet.

Michele
yes, but that's far from making love or incestous encounters
Old 07-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
yes, but that's far from making love or incestous encounters

Yes, I wasn't accusing them of sexual intercourse.

Michele
Old 07-13-2009, 04:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is so weird - I'm just reading Bright Lights, Dark Shadows right now! I've almost finished it because I was travelling all day yesterday and got most it read then.

It's a fantastic book. Very detailed and incredibly well written. Fleetwood Mac get a couple of mentions... in fact that author calls Abba, because of the fact that both of their relationships broke up with 2 years of each other and they kept recording, a "discofied Fleetwood Mac". I like that!

Rumous also gets a good mention too.