Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sara Fleetwood?

Is Sara Fleetwood not friends with the band anymore at all? I saw something where someone said that she wrote on Facebook that she hasn't really talked to Stevie or Mick in a while. Can you anyone verify this? I know there are some people on here who are 'friends' with her. I feel bad for being nosy about personal stuff but I can't help but wonder...
Old 02-14-2017, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sure the others will have additional info but from a Mick interview
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/m...azy-world.html

'The only ex he doesn’t talk to is Sara.

“She’s the only person that I’m not in contact with, but perhaps it’s the best way,” he says. “I don’t think Stevie is in contact with her either"
Old 02-14-2017, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The bit about Mick and his money sums up the current band situation nice i.e. why he holds out for Stevie...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/m...azy-world.html

In the book it is unclear just how many times he was made bankrupt.
“In the end I’ve lost count,” he says. “I’m like Donald Trump. I think he’s been bankrupt about seven times. You pay off what debts you can. You do what you are told by your accountant. I really didn’t have much to do with it. I carried on like nothing had happened.”

But didn’t they take his houses away?

“Yes, they did. But I was allowed to keep one of the houses. It wasn’t much fun, but I didn’t feel it that badly. I had lovely stuff but I’d be quite happy in a tent.” I raise an eyebrow. If that is the case, then how does he explain the huge house we are presently sitting in?

He doesn’t really have an answer. I think he likes to impress and he likes lovely things. But there is a sense that he feels he doesn’t deserve them.

“I have been blessed with cartloads of money,” he says candidly. “The past is a huge chunk of my life. I get [told] all the time, ‘You don’t have to be doing what you’re doing.’ Proportionately if you went down the pecking order of the band, I’d be last on the list, [but] people ask, ‘Would you fancy putting another 20 million in your bank?’ And you go, ‘Oh yes, that’s pretty good.’ ” Fleetwood doesn’t write any of the songs and so makes the least money, which is what I think he means when he says he is “last on the list”.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmm that's kind of sad about Sara but I guess also makes sense. It's not always easy to maintain great relations with an ex and if you're a friend involved with the situation then I guess it applies too.

I just hope that for the fans that she 'befriends', whatever they talk about she doesn't say anything personal or revealing about anyone or the band. I would never in a million years want even my ex-friends talking about me and my life to strangers, even if it's about a long time ago.

Lol @ Mick comparing himself to Tr*mp.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sara is the only ex he didn't have children with.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-15-2017, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I know a few things, that I've heard from her friends, but it wouldn't be proper to repeat them. Especially since they might be here.

She's a very nice person, I've been told. And I trust my source. Lol
Old 02-15-2017, 06:09 AM

I've read that Sara once said on Facebook that she fell out of touch with Mick when he got with Lynn because she didn't like having Sara around, but they had talked again a few years ago (presumably after he and Lynn separated?) and there was the chance they might talk again.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's hard to stay in touch when you're this huge. The band is always on the road, so relationships always fall by the wayside. They really know more people than probably everyone put together on The Ledge!
Old 02-17-2017, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's strange. I know I saw a picture of Mick with Jenny Boyd, so I naturally figured he'd probably still be on good terms with Sara also if he can be on good terms with Jenny. I'm REALLY surprised she's not on good terms with Stevie. I'm reading Carol Ann Harris' book right now and it talks about how she became very good friends with Sara. I know Stevie didn't seem to like Carol very much so maybe that's why she also stopped talking to Sara?
Old 02-17-2017, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
That's strange. I know I saw a picture of Mick with Jenny Boyd, so I naturally figured he'd probably still be on good terms with Sara also if he can be on good terms with Jenny. I'm REALLY surprised she's not on good terms with Stevie. I'm reading Carol Ann Harris' book right now and it talks about how she became very good friends with Sara. I know Stevie didn't seem to like Carol very much so maybe that's why she also stopped talking to Sara?
I don't think that had anything to do with it, I doubt Stevie cared. I think it's not necessarily that they're on bad terms, but that they're just not really friends anymore. As for Mick, he and Jenny had children together so it's different.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm one of Sara's Facebook friends, and there is no indication of any bad blood between her and Stevie. Like someone else posted, I think you just can't stay in touch with everyone.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Actually until the first half of the 90s they were still friends since Sara did some photoshoots with Stevie and even acted as an occasional backup singer for her.