User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes George Burns did live to be 100 or so, but Gracie died when she was 69. They started in vauldeville when they were young enough to be Lindsey and Stevie's kids. Then they moved to radio and then television. They probably reached the height of their fame in the 1950s, in their fifties. Georgie and Gracie are the ones who should be asked to have someone younger than Stevie and Lindsey compared to them!

Michele
LOL! Seriously. Besides, what other comedy team (more current) is there to compare to? I can't think of one. I think George & Gracie is pretty spot on.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
But 9/10 they pull up groups of young, cute girls, and it's a little weird, is all. And I say this AS a young, (relatively) cute girl.
It IS kinda gross, it's the kind of thing bands like Van Halen and Motley Crue et al would do in the 80s and then get bjs from them backstage or whatever. Presumably that isn't the case nowadays with the Mac (though who knows) and given Stevie's response to that chick on video ("not gonna happen").

Maybe LB just likes that guitar-god experience of having all the screaming fans around him.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Grammy.com

http://www.grammy.com/blogs/fleetwoo...t-viejas-arena

By Tim McPhate, The Set List July 8, 2013
San Diego

"But time makes you bolder/Children get older/I'm getting older, too," Stevie Nicks gently sang during "Landslide" as a stoic Lindsey Buckingham plucked the song's familiar acoustic guitar accompaniment. On July 5 at Viejas Arena in San Diego, this particular Fleetwood Mac classic seemed to take on added meaning with each band member now north of age 60.

Despite the sobering reality of human mortality, the music of Fleetwood Mac stood timeless on this breezy summer evening as attendees swooned and sang along for the balance of a two-hour-plus set adorned with plenty of soft-rock jewels.

Right out of the gate, the quartet — Buckingham, Nicks, drummer Mick Fleetwood, and bassist John McVie — brandished three selections from their 1977 GRAMMY-winning opus, Rumours: "Second Hand News," "The Chain" and "Dreams." "Listen carefully to the sound of your loneliness, like a heartbeat," Nicks sang with a fiery urgency during "Dreams," the painful tale of the long-ago demise of her and Buckingham's explosive relationship.

Buckingham countered with plenty of his own sparks throughout the evening. The energetic musical maverick showed a complete command of his instrument, whether wielding delicate chordal sequences, summoning haunting melodies, strumming relentlessly, or losing himself in a chasm of improvisation on songs such as "I'm So Afraid" from 1975's Fleetwood Mac. Solo performances such as the bombastic "Big Love" and the rubato-styled "Never Going Back Again" provided shining examples of his quirky songwriting sensibility and impressive fingerstyle technique.

Dressed in all black, Nicks swirled and twirled gracefully across the stage, her distinctive voice filling the arena during songs such as "Rhiannon," "Sisters Of The Moon" and "Gypsy." Following a seductive performance of "Sara," the last of four numbers from 1979's Tusk, Nicks and Buckingham shared a warm embrace, one of the many outward signs of affection the two former lovers displayed onstage.

Not content to rely on their hits, the band also drew two songs from their recently released Extended Play EP, including "Sad Angel," a crisp Buckingham/Nicks duet with a melody befitting the song's title.

While Buckingham and Nicks exuded the star power, the understated duo of McVie and Fleetwood provided the rhythmic foundation with the precision of a finely tuned timepiece. The band also benefited from a troupe of four musicians who added instrumentation, background vocals and an extra layer of depth. (They were also perhaps a tacit reminder of the chair vacated by the angelic-voiced Christine McVie.)

The entire ensemble climaxed during a 10-minute-plus performance of Rumours' epic final track, "Gold Dust Woman." A sea of rich gold lighting enveloped the stage as Fleetwood's tribal beat, McVie's thundering bass and Buckingham's spooky harmonic framework created the perfect atmosphere for Nicks, who weaved a spell on the audience with her hypnotic vocal.

Fleetwood Mac were welcomed back for no less than four emotional encore performances, including the upbeat "Don't Stop," the lovely yet mournful "Silver Springs" and the melancholy "Say Goodbye," a gem from 2003's Say You Will. The band members appeared genuinely moved by the audience's constant shower of adoration. In particular, Nicks thanked attendees for their support as she announced this concert was the penultimate date of their U.S. tour, which began in April.

"There are still quite a few chapters left in the book of Fleetwood Mac," Buckingham later added, as if to stave off the palpable bittersweet sense in the room.

Finally, the specter of mortality had seemingly all but evaporated when Fleetwood exclaimed before leaving the stage, "The Mac is back!"
Old 07-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My video of "Gold Dust Woman". Again, apologies for it being washed out, the lighting was evidently bad for my flipcam. Also, I had to put my camera down shortly in the middle (camera Nazi lady), but I still think it's worth sharing because the performance was AWESOME!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dnn...Nx8k9PVaza1VnA
Old 07-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
My video of "Gold Dust Woman". Again, apologies for it being washed out, the lighting was evidently bad for my flipcam. Also, I had to put my camera down shortly in the middle (camera Nazi lady), but I still think it's worth sharing because the performance was AWESOME!!!

congrats on your engagement Jamie - proposal on the Fleetwood Mac stage sounds very cool!

and thanks for recording and sharing your vids from the show!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just listened to San Diego "Without You" that was hilarious. She said they wanted a guitarist and already had a woman in the band and Lindsey agrees with her conclusion, "Yes, it didn't look good for you, did it?" So, funny.

Wildhearted, do you hear this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3z02JI77Vk

Can you hear what Lindsey whispers after he says his part? He loudly whispers something into the mic and Stevie responds and I can't make out what they say. Is he saying. I guess it could just be "that's loyalty" like he usually says, but I'm not sure and I don't know what she says next.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 07-08-2013 at 09:38 PM..
Old 07-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just listened to San Diego "Without You" that was hilarious. She said they wanted a guitarist and already had a woman in the band and Lindsey agrees with her conclusion, "Yes, it didn't look good for you, did it?" So, funny.

Can you hear what Lindsey whispers after he says his part? He loudly whispers something into the mic and Stevie responds and I can't make out what they say. Is he saying. I guess it could just be "that's loyalty" like he usually says, but I'm not sure and I don't know what she says next.

Michele
He says, "That's - that's love."

And Stevie says, "Alright, it's probably 9 minutes already."
Old 07-08-2013, 09:48 PM
CADreaming
This message has been deleted by CADreaming. Reason: Wildhearted beat me to it
Old 07-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
he whispers "that's looooove".

at your Sacramento show day later he evolved to clearly articulating "that IS love!"

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
he whispers "that's looooove".

at your Sacramento show day later he evolved to clearly articulating "that IS love!"
Oooohh - as opposed to "WAS".

Just messing with y'all...
Old 07-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
He says, "That's - that's love."

And Stevie says, "Alright, it's probably 9 minutes already."
Well, that's a come back.

Oh wow. Thank you. I am just going to get all of these Without You intros onto one DVD and keep them for posterity.

You know, we loved the Gypsy intros when they were happening, but these are even better. Lindsey chiming in. Like Lauren Bacall said to Humphrey Bogart: "It's better when you help."

Michele
Old 07-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
congrats on your engagement Jamie - proposal on the Fleetwood Mac stage sounds very cool!

and thanks for recording and sharing your vids from the show!
Thanks and your welcome!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, that's a come back.

Oh wow. Thank you. I am just going to get all of these Without You intros onto one DVD and keep them for posterity.

You know, we loved the Gypsy intros when they were happening, but these are even better. Lindsey chiming in. Like Lauren Bacall said to Humphrey Bogart: "It's better when you help."

Michele
Couldn't agree more!
Old 07-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post

Thanks for sharing that! I and a few friends there thought this was her best performance of the night for sure and I was really hoping to see it again. Seriously, sooo awesome!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Collage of songs. Check out Stevie's fist pumping toward Lindsey during Silver Springs. Yowza.
Sara/Landslide/Gypsy/Stand Back/Go Your Own Way/Don't Stop/Silver Springs/Say Goodbye by John Morris

Old 07-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Silver Springs by 1sherikush