Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
Just release the CD with a bonus with demos and live versions (hopefully previously unheard) and a pretty booklet with unseen photos, do a short tour and I'll be happy.
And film at least one show to release on DVD/online so us poor sods who probably won't get to see it (ha, I AM being optimistic this'll happen atm!...) live will at least get that...
Old 07-03-2013, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Does anyone know of a link
to the Buckingham Nicks mp3's?
Mine weren't the best quality and some got
lost on an old computer.
Thanks!
You can find them at http://buckinghamnicks.net/
Old 07-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

To be honest, after 40 Years, just leave it. It's a beautiful record. On vinyl. It's cult. Good.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
To be honest, after 40 Years, just leave it. It's a beautiful record. On vinyl. It's cult. Good.
Agreed. The time to release this passed at least a decade ago. Everyone who wanted these songs in a digital format have had their (bootleg) copies for a long time. The amount of people who would pay for copies of a Buckingham Nicks CD in 2013 would be just a few thousand. They've missed the boat on this one. Unless they're going to reform the Buckingham Nicks band & do some shows, this album should be left to rest in peace.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Honestly, it's not about the tracks we have - it's about what we don't have and wouldn't get without a re-release of some kind, ie: photos, booklet, extra tracks or new versions of the original demos like "Without You" and a few live dates or a dvd/documentary of some kind.

I don't think it would behoove them to hem-haw around for very long after the 40th anniversary though - which is in September. They should have something ready so they can at the very least promote it in September and release it very quickly on the heels of the promotion.

I'm sure that's why they decided to use "Without You" in the Fleetwood Mac set and to use the intro story to acquaint fans and remind old ones of their history... it will make the Buckingham Nicks release make more sense.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Honestly, it's not about the tracks we have - it's about what we don't have and wouldn't get without a re-release of some kind, ie: photos, booklet, extra tracks or new versions of the original demos like "Without You" and a few live dates or a dvd/documentary of some kind.

I don't think it would behoove them to hem-haw around for very long after the 40th anniversary though - which is in September. They should have something ready so they can at the very least promote it in September and release it very quickly on the heels of the promotion.

I'm sure that's why they decided to use "Without You" in the Fleetwood Mac set and to use the intro story to acquaint fans and remind old ones of their history... it will make the Buckingham Nicks release make more sense.
Usually anniversary releases aren't too concerned with what month the album came out. Sometimes if they even make it within a year (or even two) they still go ahead with it. Fleetwood Mac will be starting their European leg in September so I'm not sure they'd have time to promote anything.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Usually anniversary releases aren't too concerned with what month the album came out. Sometimes if they even make it within a year (or even two) they still go ahead with it. Fleetwood Mac will be starting their European leg in September so I'm not sure they'd have time to promote anything.
Yeah, I know - but that's my point. Hopefully, they'll at least keep talking about it so that it's at least a little bit on the radar by the time they get to it.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Usually anniversary releases aren't too concerned with what month the album came out. Sometimes if they even make it within a year (or even two) they still go ahead with it.
I was about to say - Fleetwood Mac isn't even concerned with the year the album came out.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Just pisses me off.

Just release the album on CD, AS IS...NOW....then when you finally get your s*** together, release a "Deluxe Edition" with bonus tracks...then after you finally get a live thing finished, release the filmed live portion on DVD & Blu-Ray and then re-release EVERYTHING as the "Super Bonus Deluxe Edition" with a couple of CDs and a DVD. Have you learned NOTHING from the marketing of Rumours over the years???

Do we have to give you the Gibbs head-slap? WAKE UP!
Ssshhh, you give them all the milking ideas! I only want bonus tracks if they are related to the original sessions (or aborted sessions due to them joining FM). Any newly recorded tracks should be on a BN2 or whatever. Unless they do the super deluxe no we really mean it this time final edition and that's all folks etc. release thing.

John
Old 07-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I would love, just love, a BN reissue. But I want it done right. 180 gram vinyl and CD remasters. Bonus tracks. And a small tour would be great, but I think it really should be *small*. Smaller venues, smaller shows (just perform the album start to finish), smaller crowds, all acoustic, all fantastic.
I totally agree!! I want to experience Frozen Love live~ I would love bonus material..demos..and new tracks!! I would want a small venue tour also...a more intimate show..