Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine McVie Interview, Elle Magazine

Old 08-18-2014, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow. A good, timely interview.
I like this;
...she's been in the studio writing with Buckingham too. At one point she was stuck on a lyric, and he suggested 'Just write about sex'.
She sounds very happy and healthy and ready to go!
Old 08-18-2014, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Wow. A good, timely interview.
I like this;
...she's been in the studio writing with Buckingham too. At one point she was stuck on a lyric, and he suggested 'Just write about sex'.
She sounds very happy and healthy and ready to go!
funny that line caught my eye, too. Guess it gives an insight into Lindsey's lyrics!
Old 08-18-2014, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
funny that line caught my eye, too. Guess it gives an insight into Lindsey's lyrics!
He's had a history of writing/recording songs about sex since the beginning- Lola My Love, Tusk, Tango In The Night, Great Day... and these are just the overt ones that I can list off the top of my head.

On another note, it's interesting how Christine brought up the fact she wasn't going to wait for her dogs to die before she got back out into the world. We've talked about that very subject here on the Ledge.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine suddenly begins writing about tall grass ...

Michele
Old 08-18-2014, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Have I misread this or has Mick been over in England at her London place with her? Anyone know where her 'London pad' is?
Old 08-18-2014, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Anyone know where her 'London pad' is?
They say it overlooks the Thames, so that narrows it down. I'll imagine her in a flat with a view of the London Eye.

Your mood is like a circus wheel ...

Michele
Old 08-18-2014, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

interesting. in the interviews earlier this year, the new mac album was going to come out in spring 2015 the latest, but maybe sooner, if there's clamoring. yet now, nobody knows when that album will come out? things seem to be going backwards.

looking at the timeline of their recording earlier this year and the timing of the start of the tour it almost looks like the mac planned to push that album out before or right at the start of this fall tour. they were waiting with the tour to start all the way towards the end of sept, rehearsals in aug. maybe that's what the booking on the Today show was really about? maybe that's when the album was tentatively planned to drop?

they gave themselves jan-jun to get the album done which seems like plenty of time, given how fast they seemed to have been working lately. they booked the studio, Christine and Mick booked their flights, and rented a house in LA. they recorded bunch of songs by april or so and started talking about the album and specific songs in various interviews... and then all of the sudden all that stopped and they stated something in the vein of "nah, we never planned to put the album out before the tour oh and btw Stevie was not recording with us and she will only hopefully join the recording after this tour. at least we hope. she promised!".

imagine how cool it could have been? they could have been giving out the album copies with tickets like Petty did? all these hunders of thousands of people at each show could all have their new music and many of them would actually get to listen to it!

but now, there's no talk about the new album even for the next spring anymore. Dashut mentioned on his blog that he's thinking there might be an EP with Christine in the spring (he did say it was just a pure speculation on his part). here's that convo from his blog:

Anonymous: Wait, why do you think there will only be a "possible new ep with Christine, which I’m guessing probably will come out sometime next spring" - don't they have at least 12-15 songs recorded? Why only EP? What do you think will happen with the other FM-recorded songs some of which we've been waiting for since 2012?

Hey, I may be wrong about an EP. It’s entirely possible it will be an album. I really have no idea at this point. As soon as I find out & am authorized to tell you, I will. The only reason I said EP is because of time constraints & I know whatever they release will have to be top notch. It takes time to create top art (At least for FM, as I know them) & I hope they take it.

….r

Tags: #FAQ #richard dashut #my times with fleetwood mac #Fleetwood Mac #christine mcvie #new music
21 hours ago

take their time? hmm... what time? Christine is 71!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-18-2014, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
He's had a history of writing/recording songs about sex since the beginning- Lola My Love, Tusk, Tango In The Night, Great Day... and these are just the overt ones that I can list off the top of my head.

On another note, it's interesting how Christine brought up the fact she wasn't going to wait for her dogs to die before she got back out into the world. We've talked about that very subject here on the Ledge.
Wait, what? Wasn't this song written with his son? I mean, I noticed the lyrics, but assumed it was my dirty mind because of Will's involvement.
Just a dream, just a dream.

Last edited by HelloMonster; 08-18-2014 at 07:37 PM..
Old 08-18-2014, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
interesting. in the interviews earlier this year, the new mac album was going to come out in spring 2015 the latest, but maybe sooner, if there's clamoring. yet now, nobody knows when that album will come out? things seem to be going backwards.
You're right. "there's no word yet on when to expect it" is indeed troubling. Saying it would be finalized some time after the scheduled tour dates would have inspired more confidence and I don't like EP talk at all. "EP" is beginning to be a profane acronym to my ears. The only way I would favor one is if it came out before the tour starts, which it never will.

Michele
Old 08-18-2014, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
Wait, what? Wasn't this song written with his son? I mean, I noticed the lyrics, but assumed it was my dirty mind because of Will's involvement.
Will was only heard muttering "great day, great day." He wasn't responsible for a lover getting hotter and hotter and all the hovering.

Michele
Old 08-18-2014, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Will was only heard muttering "great day, great day." He wasn't responsible for a lover getting hotter and hotter and all the hovering.

Michele
Ha! Thank Christ. I was very mildly disturbed.
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
Ha! Thank Christ. I was very mildly disturbed.
Well, don't feel too relieved. Will's 16 now. So, if he wrote something for you today, you might get disturbed all over again.

Michele
Old 08-18-2014, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Have I misread this or has Mick been over in England at her London place with her? Anyone know where her 'London pad' is?
there was a photo of her in said pad in an interview around the time of In the Meantime (I believe.. or somewhere in that rough timeframe).

Maybe someone can link to it??

Edited to add: Here's one link with a photo:
http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/artic...e2004-001.html

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 08-18-2014 at 08:16 PM..
Old 08-18-2014, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Christine suddenly begins writing about tall grass ...

Michele
….and doing her stuff...
Old 08-18-2014, 08:24 PM
HelloMonster
This message has been deleted by HelloMonster.