Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-16-2018, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Glass Half Full thread

Or honestly to me about 3/4 to 80 percent full. I could’ve also named this thread “can we please apply even the slightest bit of logic or attempt to think a bit more rationally.

This is arguably one of the most exciting times to be a fan of this band since 2003 and the vibe in this board is somehow crisis mode or something.

Most of this is copied and pasted from one the 10 whiny threads we have going on. Not to sound incredibly Stevie Nicks like but I feel I made too many great points to let this stay buried

IF this new line up records an album it would be such an unbelievable blessing of New Fleetwood Mac music (and honestly even they do t it’s still acceptable levels of new music) while most members are in their 70s despite the false narrative around here that “we just never get new music from this band, way way way woah is us!” “But the BuckVie album doesn’t count since it doesnt say Fleetwood Mac on the cover That is the craziest logic I’ve ever heard of!

2011, new stevie album and New Lindsey album

2014, new stevie album

2014/15 the impossible as we were previously told happened and the whole world was given another chance to see the rumors 5 tour in pretty danmed great performances. *

2017, new Fleetwood Mac**

2018 new Lindsey album

2019 new line up of Fleetwood Mac album***

* I know that’s not new music or wasn’t even a great set, but for that tour I’d forgive them since again I’m shocked how quickly we all just take for granted and act so ungrateful that Christine mcvie overcame her phobias and came back to the band as the oldest member of an already old band. THIS was the farewell tour for the rumors 5. It wasn’t called that, but they covered enough ground to basically give anyone who ever wanted to see “that” Fleetwood Mac a chance and if they didn’t then , oh well, there’s plenty of great quality old footage of them for the few thousand new fans they’ve gotten since then. For the much larger majority whom have seen this version of the band MANY times before and show that much to please most of the people on this bird . so now they are forced to change things drastically right down to how they stand. Maybe it was for all the wrong reasons and maybe the most “moral” decision wasn’t made as to who left the band but honestly I think Lindsey is the one I’d rather see on his own. He’s more focused. He WILL release a solo album. Stevie would say how she wants to make an album and write a Rhiannon movie and small theatre tour but get distracted wiTh an offer to join a Tom Petty tribute tour with Dave grohl or something similar. (And I would be at that show and love the **** out of it, and also going to see a Lindsey/Christine Fleetwood Mac) but I prefer it the way we got it. Either way we get Double Product as opposed to just Fleetwood Mac! And anyone who thinks that there’s some kind of “magic” still between those exact 5 people your crazy. All parties have been proven over and over again to perform better away from the fireflies especially this century!

**i don’t care what it was called, we’ve already gotten this last great Fleetwood Mac album with that classic Fleetwood Mac sound, the follow up to tango or say you will depending on your barometer of what’s Fleetwood Mac. This 10 song album was a cohevise masterpiece, and while I may not agree with her logic to not participate her involvement couldn’t have made this album any better. So my point is A) the stevie/mick anger is a bit overblown, if the title is your big ham up then you’ve got serious problems. And B) any “anger” directed at Christine is to me outright blasphemous, considering we have carnival begin, too far gone,feel about you, and red sun to listen to forever when we previously thought she wasn’t going to leave her garden again. But Fu** her for not defending Lindsey blindly in a situation we know nothing about yet.

***this last star wouldn’t need explaining as a positive just a few years ago when the board had more adult minded fans who understood and appreciated the whole history of the band and didn’t live in this social media fantasy land world where everyone is so emotional and on this “poor Lindsey, Lindsey WAS Fleetwood Mac! With no one speaking up against that crazy talk! Lindsey was great but this notion that if the band records an album without Lindsey then it would automatically be less “real” or even sorry to say “potentially” better then the album would be with Lindsey. I know people like SteveMacD see that potential. Some are comparing it to when Lindsey left before as a repeat of something terrible. Well the album made tight Billy in my opinion is better then the previous 2 albums with him. In addition if a repeat of behind the mask means neil will write a song as good as In the Back of My Mind, mixed with Stevie Turing our better material then The Second Time were guaranteed an amazing album.

I realize some might find that offensive to all that Lindsey and Lindsey alone has done for Fleetwood Mac which is Churn out great albums from the bands raw rubbish. When in reality the list of great Fleetwood Mac albums and how responsible I’d say Lindsey is for them is all over the board. While I think his vision on Tusk led to the greatest album of all time by not just this band but all bands. He constructed the greatest album of all time. But after that most of the best albums by this a band were before 1975 with the 2 absolute worse were Lindsey albums (mirage and tango) and then even on upper tier albums he was involved in he made some really questionable decisions as they pertain to song choices or even what directions songs should go in. Best example of that is literally every decision made in every Christine song from the first album was terrible and butchered Chris’s songs. They still ended up nice but after hearing what the started out as, in my opinion he took them all in the wrong direction.

And let me wrap up this long winded post that i can’t even remember which of the 7 Bitching Theme threads I’m even posting this on:

Every other danmed band from their era is either dead or partially dead or retired from being too injured (Brian Johnson and his hearing. And of those still active, they’re all putting out less new material then the forms of this band. With few exceptions one being the inhuman Neil Young. The Rolling Stones don’t have the new material output of the last 10 years as Fleetwood Mac and yet their fans act more reasonable.

And what about Led Zeppelin. How the hell fo they maintain their legendary status with their many fans with no blemishes on them since they just threw it in, in 1980. With Robert Plant being FAR more rigid on Ever reuniting them, yet never being crucified like Stevie Nicks. Yes I know they were just such an honorable group not wanting to replace their drummer. I’ll take the dishonest sneaky, money grubbing band over the honorable band l if th dishonorable bad is giving us product At this advanced age.

Nothing against LZ. I just like to explain things in anologies and that always boggled my mind that so many on this board constantly gives a **** about Fleetwood Mac’s legacy being tarnished? Who Cares. It’s like some of you are so delusional you’d like an alternative universe where the band politely quits to reduce confusion or suffer a tragedy but instead we’ve had an abundance given to us since 2011 with way more on the horizon. How ungreatful, all out of feeling bad for Lindsey. Well I sort of start to too, but then I remember he’s actually better off then almost all of us on The Ledge. and it’s such an odd reason to give up on the band. I’m just blown away the vibe isn’t excitement as it should be in anticipation to what comes next, but mourning like we just experienced a
Natural disaster or terrible death

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-16-2018, 06:24 PM
Ledgie

I saw this post of yours in another thread and I like how you think. The biggest half-to-mostly-full thing for me is one you already mentioned: the Rumours 5 are all still alive and kicking. Another bonus, that even though the remaining four will all be north of 70 when the tour kicks off...they'll still be touring. I've said elsewhere that after the passing of Glen Frey and Tom Petty, I'm just happy to have the opportunity to see FM again. Another half-full aspect: Mike Campbell. And until I see the set list revealed to be the same old-same old, my glass is half-full of hopes for some rarely or never performed songs.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
I saw this post of yours in another thread and I like how you think. The biggest half-to-mostly-full thing for me is one you already mentioned: the Rumours 5 are all still alive and kicking. Another bonus, that even though the remaining four will all be north of 70 when the tour kicks off...they'll still be touring. I've said elsewhere that after the passing of Glen Frey and Tom Petty, I'm just happy to have the opportunity to see FM again. Another half-full aspect: Mike Campbell. And until I see the set list revealed to be the same old-same old, my glass is half-full of hopes for some rarely or never performed songs.
I am more interested in FM now than I have been for many years. Intrigued to see what they give us and tantalized by possible new music. The Lindsey era is over, play on!
Old 04-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Whatever drugs caused the severely altered state required to think that there might be new music from this ridiculous lineup...I want those drugs.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm coming to terms with the end of the Buckingham era of Fleetwood Mac. I welcome new music as I always do from this band. Time and BHTM I to this day still enjoy. I'm just very happy to get last years Fleetwood Mac's album only wished Stevie was on it.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
Whatever drugs caused the severely altered state required to think that there might be new music from this ridiculous lineup...I want those drugs.
Not sure what barriers there would be to new music from the new FM. They may be ridiculous, but they are talented and skilled songwriters, some of whom have worked productively together before.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hahahaha

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I am more interested in FM now than I have been for many years. Intrigued to see what they give us and tantalized by possible new music. The Lindsey era is over, play on!
Well you have said repeatedly in the past how much you despise Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers influence on Stevie's solo music so I'm kind of bewildered why you would welcome further collaboration between Stevie and a Heartbreaker.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Red face

Quote:
No drugs this time. And I don’t think it’s that likely. Maybe 40 to be 50 percent. Lindsey was what stopped Stevie from recording. Mike Campbell’s urge to be creative and Stevie’s love of writing songs over MCs tracks are what give me the most hope remember right now.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-17-2018, 05:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Well you have said repeatedly in the past how much you despise Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers influence on Stevie's solo music so I'm kind of bewildered why you would welcome further collaboration between Stevie and a Heartbreaker.
I am curious about new music. Heartbreakers or not.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Not sure what barriers there would be to new music from the new FM. They may be ridiculous, but they are talented and skilled songwriters, some of whom have worked productively together before.
There was one member of the band who was interested in making new music, and he was disposed of.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

MODS: this is a thread discussing post-rumours era band advanntages, so should be moved to post-rumours.

otherwise you get people like me and others who have no interest in the Lindsey-less FM coming in these threads and basically sabotaging your nice positive discussions.

a huge sense of betrayal the other 4 inflicted on one of their own is too painful for us to consider anything being positive about this.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-17-2018, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
MODS: this is a thread discussing post-rumours era band advanntages, so should be moved to post-rumours.

otherwise you get people like me and others who have no interest in the Lindsey-less FM coming in these threads and basically sabotaging your nice positive discussions.

a huge sense of betrayal the other 4 inflicted on one of their own is too painful for us to consider anything being positive about this.
So you think threads that discuss Lindsey's departure as a negative thing belong in this forum, but ones that see his departure as a positive thing belong in another forum?

I really don't care either way, but you just admitted your intention to troll, which seems nonproductive, and unlike you.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
So you think threads that discuss Lindsey's departure as a negative thing belong in this forum, but ones that see his departure as a positive thing belong in another forum?
no.

threads that discuss Rumours 5 or any version of them that have *just* 4 or more members of Rumours 5 should be here. whether posts are positive or negative about Lindsey's firing is irrelevant, it makes sense to have those here.

but posts discussing what to expect from the post-Rumours 5 band should be in the post-Rumours forum. it's pretty simple. just look at these threads where y'all would like to constructively discuss what to expect and you are looking forward to it, and then you have people who are jumping in disrupting your discussion and screaming "traitors!" every 5 minutes. i'd think you would appreciate not having to deal with that?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-17-2018, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I really don't care either way, but you just admitted your intention to troll, which seems nonproductive, and unlike you.
you know me way better than that. i don't troll. i express my opinion. and my opinion right now is that the band betrayed Lindsey, after everything he's done for them over decades, and they should not be rewarded for that.

i like Neil Finn. i would love to see how his collaboration with Lindsey would look like.

but if i see Mick Fleetwood in "FM" concert right now, i would gag.