The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-29-2018, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What Supposedly Happened With Lindsey's Management?

Hopefully there's nothing to the rumors of him leaving Azoff Management, and if they are true, hopefully he left on good terms....he does NOT want Irving Azoff as an enemy, especially right now!
Old 05-29-2018, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
Hopefully there's nothing to the rumors of him leaving Azoff Management, and if they are true, hopefully he left on good terms....he does NOT want Irving Azoff as an enemy, especially right now!
i believe the rumors are that Azoff dumped Lindsey as all this was unfolding. LB solo without being a part of FM is too small of a fish for a guy like Azoff, so my instinct is too believe he is not with Azoff anymore, which means either he doesn't currently have a real management, or maybe already has someone else.

and no, that wouldn't be very smart, even if it may be principled, who knows. which can also mean that band throwing LB out may have much bigger consequences for his career than just causal "he comes and goes" reference they are spouting.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 05-29-2018 at 03:42 PM..
Old 05-29-2018, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Remember those old album sleeve paintings Lindsey did?

I'd like him to put his frustration and his acid rage onto canvas, and then have a showing in a West L.A. art gallery.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-29-2018, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's all speculation isn't it? No one actually knows if he was dropped (although it wouldn't be too surprising).
I think I once read that Lindsey got Azoff through Don Henley right? Even when he's still in FM, solo Lindsey is pretty small for someone like Irving to take on. Especially considering he never managed FM or any of its other members. But if it was connected through a friend that would make more sense. However I'm not sure, I think I read that somewhere but I could be totally mistaken.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I think it's all speculation isn't it? No one actually knows if he was dropped (although it wouldn't be too surprising).
I think I once read that Lindsey got Azoff through Don Henley right? Even when he's still in FM, solo Lindsey is pretty small for someone like Irving to take on. Especially considering he never managed FM or any of its other members. But if it was connected through a friend that would make more sense. However I'm not sure, I think I read that somewhere but I could be totally mistaken.
Given he’s likely the only one who will produce new music, which pains me to say because I’d love to hear something new out of Stevie and Christine, I hope that makes him appealing to managements. He’s relevant.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Especially considering he never managed FM or any of its other members.
I’m pretty sure he was Stevie’s manager from 80-86 when he was part of Frontline management (“Frontline baby”). He’s the one who fired Mick and John Courage after the Tusk tour, IIRC.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-29-2018, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’m pretty sure he was Stevie’s manager from 80-86 when he was part of Frontline management (“Frontline baby”). He’s the one who fired Mick and John Courage after the Tusk tour, IIRC.
Ah I see, I didn't know that.
I still wonder how Lindsey got him to personally manage him under his own company though, I feel like individually he isn't big enough for someone like Azoff. I could've sworn I read somewhere that it was through Don Henley somehow but don't quote me on that since I'm really not sure where I read it.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
From what I know Stevie's (and Mick's) manager was Howard Kaufman, who was co-founder of Front Line along with Azoff and later bought out and rebranded the company as HK Management.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
From what I know Stevie's (and Mick's) manager was Howard Kaufman, who was co-founder of Front Line along with Azoff and later bought out and rebranded the company as HK Management.
Yes, Howard and then Howard with Sheryl Louis managed Stevie. Since Howard died it's been Sheryl. Mick isn't managed by them anymore; he's been managed by Carl Stubner for some time. Carl was his manager during SYW and is in the DR doc. I believe Chris is managed by him now as well. At the time of SYW Lindsey was managed by Tony Dimitriades, who was also Tom Petty's longtime manager. I always wondered why Lindsey parted ways with Tony. (He's also in the DR doc, British guy).
Old 05-30-2018, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Still, it was Azoff who ultimately fired Mick and JC.

Also, I think Bob Welch was managed by Azoff after Seedy Mgmt was broken up, and I think Bob implied it was Azoff’s idea to get Bob new hair.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-30-2018, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I’m pretty sure [Azoff] was Stevie’s manager from 80-86 when he was part of Frontline management (“Frontline baby”). He’s the one who fired Mick and John Courage after the Tusk tour, IIRC.
Just for the purposes of amusement: Frontline gets discussed at 1:30 and Azoff specifically at 4:10 during the video below as her management attempts to do damage control after threatening David Letterman with legal action because he was talking about Stevie on the show. Hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKwqs1bDCnw

Last edited by sodascouts; 05-30-2018 at 09:51 PM..
Old 05-31-2018, 05:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG ahahhaaahaaaa I remember those, ringworm management, and stevie answering the musical question " I can't Wait" , CLASSIC.

Old 12-04-2018, 02:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think I've found Lindsey's new management, after a bit of googling following these photos.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq8fkU8l...on_share_sheet

A commenter on the image said that "apparently he loved you", this leads me to this guy.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthew-sadie-72b34537
http://www.c3mgmt.com/

Lo and behold, Lindsey is listed as a client, alongside some great; relevant, industry cred bands.

I love this is the route that Lindsey is going down, indie management, get an indie label and live out the rest of his career touring and recording in alternate years.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Given the lawsuit, it would be a conflict of interest for Azoff or his company to rep Lindsey. You can't rep both sides of a dispute.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Awesome.
Great work, justcrazylove.