Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-08-2019, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default UK TV in Fleetwood Mac overdrive on Fri 20 Sept, 2019

UK TV channels BBC Four and Sky Arts have an evening dedicated to Fleetwood Mac on Friday 20 Sept 2019

Fleetwood Mac night on BBC Four, Sept 20th, 2019

Fleetwood Mac – A Musical History
Showing at 20.00
BBC retrospective on Fleetwood Mac, fellow musicians, journalists and fans celebrate the music of Fleetwood Mac with a selection of their best-loved songs.

Fleetwood Mac’s Songbird: Christine McVie
Showing at 21.00
Brand new 90 min documentary on Christine McVie, featuring interviews with Mick Fleetwood, John McVie & Stevie Nicks

Fleetwood Mac – Don’t Stop
Showing at 22.30
BBC documentary on the band from 2009, featuring interviews with Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood & John McVie

Fleetwood Mac night on Sky Arts, Sept 20th, 2019

Brian Johnson’s Life on the Road with Mick Fleetwood
Showing at 21.00

Classic Albums: Rumours
Showing at 22.00

The Us Festival 1982: the US Generation Documentary
Showing at 23.15

http://fleetwoodmac-uk.com/wp/uk-activities/#tv

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource

Last edited by nodmod; 09-15-2019 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: wrong date listed
Old 09-08-2019, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the heads up!
Anyone know: Who is Brian Johnson & what is "Brian Johnson’s Life on the Road with Mick Fleetwood"?
thanks, Ricoh
Old 09-08-2019, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Brian Johnson is the Lead singer of AC/DC.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 09-08-2019, 07:38 PM

A 90 Minute Film on Christine McVie? Holy Cow!

$tevie is going to fire her!!
Old 09-09-2019, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just to be clear this is 20th September, not 20th October.

Channel 4
Fleetwood Mac's Songbird: Christine McVie

Christine McVie is undoubtedly the longest-serving female band member of any of the enduring rock ‘n’ roll acts that emerged from the 1960s. While she has never fronted Fleetwood Mac, preferring to align herself with ‘the boys’ in the rhythm section whom she first joined 50 years ago, Christine is their most successful singer-songwriter. Her hits include ‘Over My Head’, ‘Don’t Stop’ and ‘Everywhere’.

After massive global success in both the late 1970s and mid-1980s, Christine left the band in the late 1990s, quitting California and living in semi-retirement in Kent, only to rejoin the band in 2014. In this 90-minute film, this most English of singers finally gets to take centre-stage and tell both her story and the saga of Fleetwood Mac from her point of view.

Credits:
Interviewed Guest Christine McVie
Interviewed Guest Stevie Nicks
Interviewed Guest Mick Fleetwood
Interviewed Guest John McVie
Interviewed Guest Neil Finn
Interviewed Guest Mike Campbell
Interviewed Guest Stan Webb
Interviewed Guest Nancy Wilson
Executive Producer Mark Cooper
Director Matt O'Casey

I'm hoping there'll be more interviews than these listed. This must be the programme Richard Dashut was interviewed for- Surely he wasn't cut. It'll be interesting to hear from Stan Webb.

It's odd that two UK channels are holding Fleetwood Mac nights on the same day. These channels aren't linked in any way. I think the Christine McVie documentary is the only new programme.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-09-2019, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post

Channel 4

Christine McVie is undoubtedly the longest-serving female band member of any of the enduring rock ‘n’ roll acts that emerged from the 1960s. While she has never fronted Fleetwood Mac, preferring to align herself with ‘the boys’ in the rhythm section whom she first joined 50 years ago, Christine is their most successful singer-songwriter. Her hits include ‘Over My Head’, ‘Don’t Stop’ and ‘Everywhere’.

After massive global success in both the late 1970s and mid-1980s, Christine left the band in the late 1990s, quitting California and living in semi-retirement in Kent, only to rejoin the band in 2014. In this 90-minute film, this most English of singers finally gets to take centre-stage and tell both her story and the saga of Fleetwood Mac from her point of view.

Credits:
Director Matt O'Casey

I'm hoping there'll be more interviews than these listed. This must be the programme Richard Dashut was interviewed for- Surely he wasn't cut. It'll be interesting to hear from Stan Webb.

It's odd that two UK channels are holding Fleetwood Mac nights on the same day. These channels aren't linked in any way. I think the Christine McVie documentary is the only new programme.

Thank you clarifying this! This is extremely exciting.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Channel 4

Credits:
Director Matt O'Casey

Hi Fuzzy, you've put Channel 4 here, but I think you actually meant BBC4? We're both Brits, I think!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0008k8q

I'm looking forward to this, particularly regarding the early years. I suspect Mr B's defenestration will be artfully glossed over, but we shall see...
Old 09-09-2019, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
Hi Fuzzy, you've put Channel 4 here, but I think you actually meant BBC4? We're both Brits, I think!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0008k8q

I'm looking forward to this, particularly regarding the early years. I suspect Mr B's defenestration will be artfully glossed over, but we shall see...
Yes, I'm a Welsh, Surrey dwelling Brit. Sorry, meant to put BBC 4, not Channel 4.
Hmm, as far as I can tell, there's no link between those two channels so it seems a really strange coincidence they'll both be putting on Fleetwood Mac themed nights.. It's almost as if some people somewhere are in the know about something.

Sorry to bang on and bore people but Fleetwood Mac are now among the strong favourites for headlining at Glasto next year. I was skeptical this would ever happen (especially with the current touring schedule coming to an end) but with the Classic East/West shows a couple of years ago they do have recent form when it comes to getting together for one off events (there was also the one-off benefit gig a few years back). The festival often announce one of their headline acts in the autumn. I wonder whether there might be an announcement pending, hence the reason for TV schedulers to have something set up ready to coincide. This could also add some context to the otherwise curious forthcoming release of a new Rumours deluxe package. If they do do Glastonbury it will be a very bitter-sweet feeling. I'll be excited to see how they go down but desperately sad the festival goers wont be getting the proper Fleetwood Mac treatment.

...or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 09-09-2019 at 01:52 PM..
Old 09-09-2019, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The ..”Don’t stop” documentary on at 22:30, has been on loads of times.
I had it recorded at one time, it’s pretty good and interesting.

It is a basic history of the Mac since formation thro to 2009.
Worth watching if you’ve never seen it before...
Old 09-09-2019, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm hoping there'll be more interviews than these listed. This must be the programme Richard Dashut was interviewed for- Surely he wasn't cut.
I am THRILLED this documentary is going to see the light of day. So so so so sad that Lindsey is not listed. Even with his recent problems with the band, I'll bet he would have contributed. And it's a pity Bob Welch isn't here and that he and Christine were not on speaking terms when he was alive. I'm sure he would have offered a valuable perspective. What on earth can Mike Campbell and Neil Finn say that wouldn't be scripted or superficial?
Old 09-09-2019, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I am THRILLED this documentary is going to see the light of day. So so so so sad that Lindsey is not listed. Even with his recent problems with the band, I'll bet he would have contributed. And it's a pity Bob Welch isn't here and that he and Christine were not on speaking terms when he was alive. I'm sure he would have offered a valuable perspective. What on earth can Mike Campbell and Neil Finn say that wouldn't be scripted or superficial?
Can you imagine a 90 documentary about Christine McVie without Lindsey's input???

The actually wrote the most songs together. They just recently made an album together. Their collaborations, in part, led to her return to the band/studio.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Can you imagine a 90 documentary about Christine McVie without Lindsey's input???

The actually wrote the most songs together. They just recently made an album together. Their collaborations, in part, led to her return to the band/studio.
I know, it’s hideous
Old 09-09-2019, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

it's disgusting.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-09-2019, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

They've really turned into a caricature of themselves in all of the worst ways. It's truly disgusting. Thankfully this tour is almost over and hopefully FM is done!
Old 09-10-2019, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's disgusting.
Elle!!! I've missed you.

And, yes it is.