Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-31-2006, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Zoo Concert On Vinyl

Would somebody post the Zoo show that was syndicated via Westwood One around 1983 or 1984? I have never heard that show, & now I find ... well, I wish to hear it!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-07-2006, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Would somebody post the Zoo show that was syndicated via Westwood One around 1983 or 1984? I have never heard that show, & now I find ... well, I wish to hear it!

I have this vinyl. I purchased it last year at a record show. The problem is I don't have it on CD. My friend has her computer and record player set up to do needle drops. If no one else has it, I will get her to do it for us. It might take a week or two though. Just let me know.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 08-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77
I have this vinyl. I purchased it last year at a record show. The problem is I don't have it on CD. My friend has her computer and record player set up to do needle drops. If no one else has it, I will get her to do it for us. It might take a week or two though. Just let me know.
Well, that would be great, if you could. You're the only person who answered. Would you mind posting the track list & any other information you have about the concert recorded? Do they do songs off those two Mick Fleetwood albums: Visitor & I'm Not Me?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a couple of live mp3s of The Zoo...they do "Angel Come Home" & "Tonight" from the I'm Not Me album. But, I'm not sure the source is from the show you're inquiring about.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
I have a couple of live mp3s of The Zoo...they do "Angel Come Home" & "Tonight" from the I'm Not Me album. But, I'm not sure the source is from the show you're inquiring about.
Yeah, there've been bits & pieces here & there I've collected: the three or four songs they did on Rock Palace on TV in 1984 (Angel Come Home, Tonight, Oh Well, etc.), plus the audience recordings of a partial show here & there, like Phoenix & Denver (usually taped because Stevie Nicks was there).

But I'm dying for this Westwood One concert if it concentrates on those two albums! Hubba hubba!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-08-2006, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Well, that would be great, if you could. You're the only person who answered. Would you mind posting the track list & any other information you have about the concert recorded? Do they do songs off those two Mick Fleetwood albums: Visitor & I'm Not Me?

I will look at the albums tonight, and I'll post the track list on here tomorrow. I'm having computer problems at home, so I'll have to post it with my work computer. That is why it will be tomorrow not tonight. Also, I'll talk to my friend and see if she can do the needle drop.

Old 08-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77
I will look at the albums tonight, and I'll post the track list on here tomorrow. I'm having computer problems at home, so I'll have to post it with my work computer. That is why it will be tomorrow not tonight. Also, I'll talk to my friend and see if she can do the needle drop.

Okay, it is tomorrow, and I totally didn't look at the vinyls to see what the track list is. The good news is my computer problems at home are getting fixed today, so I should be able to look at it tonight and post the info tonight.

Old 08-10-2006, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is an update.........Well, this just keeps getting worse. I thought that the two albums had the track list with it, but it doesn't. It was one of my Stevie Westwood 1 Concerts that has the track list. What I will have to do is listen to it again and refamiliarize myself with them when my friend does the needle drop. She says that she thinks that she can get to it this weekend. If she can't do it this weekend, she said she would try to do it next week.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Update, my friend did the Zoo needle drop last night. She is working on cleaning up any pops or cracks. I should have it in the next few days.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77 View Post
Update, my friend did the Zoo needle drop last night. She is working on cleaning up any pops or cracks. I should have it in the next few days.
Well, you & your friend rock for pursuing this. I eagerly await hearing some of these live tracks from the early years of the Zoo.

I'm very sick & my memory is so spotty, but these will be some of the interesting things I will hear for the last. I think I used to see this concert advertised in Goldmine from The Old Hippie, who sold radio shows.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

David, check your PM, please.