A few clips up on YT:
sisters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rrfXWfpjdc
This video is from April 9 in the USA recorded by elle
Old 09-30-2013, 07:20 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwoundDreams View Post
I didn't see anything get thrown at him, but I was up in the nosebleeds and the band looked like ants so maybe I just couldn't see it. I wouldn't be surprised either.
There were no side video screens so it would have made it impossible at the back. I was on the side overlooking the stage so I could see but I did remark that the view for those at the back would be disappointing. Such a shame.

I also had two young 'uns next to me that were busy stamping and clapping at all the wrong times and lost any sense of rhythm, even debating whether the band would finish on Songbird ...poor souls! Perhaps they were just excited but they did keep clapping loudly.....ah yes not a problem at all but the only snag was they didn't seem to realise when the song had actually ended! Its the first time I have heard Sisters of the Moon live in person and at every break they seemed to think it had finished!
Its nice that there is a younger element attending the shows but boy do they need educating! I overheard a debate on the way out with some teenage boys about how Lindsey was totally weird and just had his hand hanging loose all the time and never even strummed the guitar. Quelle horreur. The finger picking style was a bit lost on them I think, but it did make me chuckle.
Its probably because I think that tickets have been hard to get this time with genuine fans on the wrong end!

Stevie did seem to be limping slightly on her at the back of the stage although not overly noticeable at stage front. Great show though.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
This video is from April 9 in the USA recorded by elle
Yes it is!! OOPs ...I am humbled and losing brain cells:

GD Woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glpKYazcLYg

Say goodbye

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBHyr...IF_ow1G1cqKKZQ
Old 09-30-2013, 07:35 AM
Senior Ledgie

Don't stop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79rZj...IF_ow1G1cqKKZQ

World Turning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQDXS...IF_ow1G1cqKKZQ
Old 09-30-2013, 09:13 AM
Junior Ledgie

This was my first experience of them live and it was not disappointing. My Mum complained that the sound wasn't great, but that might have been where we were (near the stage, first platform level on the left - right near stage John/Stevie) as we seemed to get a LOT of drum and bass reverberation which made it hard to hear vocals sometimes, but I didn't think it was that bad to be honest, certainly heard worse and barely noticed it after a few songs. We had a good view of the side of the stage where Stevie kept going to to get shawls and things. They lit the little path with a torch for her, that was sweet. I had to pinch myself a few times that I was actually there and it was actually THEM! Fortunately didn't have anyone screeching in our ears where we were which was nice.

Highlights for me were Rhiannon, Landslide, Mick's drumming and Sisters plus the little chatty bits in between. Mum was saying on the way home how she's always thought of Stevie as super serious and non-smiley, so it was cool for her to see her look and sound so relaxed. I wish I had a pocket Stevie to just tell me long stories randomly throughout the day, it'd be so much nicer. Anyway, overall it was fab and I'm so glad I was there.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettucesoap View Post
I wish I had a pocket Stevie to just tell me long stories randomly throughout the day, it'd be so much nicer.
That's great!

Thanks for sharing your experience!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Glad to see everyone's experiences. Looks like a great show!

Ooh, I would love a pocket Stevie too. But she's already pocket-sized so pocket pocket Stevie.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Ledgie

[QUOTE=ali101;1105600]There were no side video screens so it would have made it impossible at the back.[QUOTE]

There were video screens on either side of the stage, it's just that I couldn't see them properly because some metal rigging at the top of the arena was in the way and I had to keep bending down to see it. In the end, I gave up and just watched the stage.

There were a few people my age in my block (16-17 year olds), but the only songs they knew or seemed to know were all from Rumours. A few people said after the show that they were disappointed because the band didn't play Everywhere/Songbird/You Make Loving Fun (mostly Christine songs). I was the only person who cheered when Lindsey mentioned the Tusk album and Stevie the Buckingham/Nicks album. And the faces around me were all blank during the four Tusk songs (the screamer next to me said afterwards, "I didn't even know half the songs they played"). I guess they all just showed up to hear Rumours songs and Landslide and to scream at Lindsey.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettucesoap View Post

Highlights for me were Rhiannon, Landslide, Mick's drumming and Sisters plus the little chatty bits in between. Mum was saying on the way home how she's always thought of Stevie as super serious and non-smiley, so it was cool for her to see her look and sound so relaxed. I wish I had a pocket Stevie to just tell me long stories randomly throughout the day, it'd be so much nicer. Anyway, overall it was fab and I'm so glad I was there.

I think Stevie could make any story amusing, even a trip to the grocery store.

Michele
Old 09-30-2013, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali101 View Post
I overheard a debate on the way out with some teenage boys about how Lindsey was totally weird and just had his hand hanging loose all the time and never even strummed the guitar. Quelle horreur. The finger picking style was a bit lost on them I think, but it did make me chuckle.
Its probably because I think that tickets have been hard to get this time with genuine fans on the wrong end!

Stevie did seem to be limping slightly on her at the back of the stage although not overly noticeable at stage front. Great show though.
Young fans are great, especially the ones you think might be inspired to delve more into FM after they leave the concert and learn more about music. But the youth you described at your show probably won't do that.

Glad they didn't spoil all of your fun though.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Review: Fleetwood Mac, at LG Arena, Birmingham
30 Sep 2013 13:03

Big personalities and classic songs give fans an evening of pure energy

5 stars

Fleetwood Mac, at LG Arena, Birmingham, The Birmingham Post

http://www.birminghampost.co.uk/what...-arena-6115021

Fleetwood Mac might be middle of the road musically speaking but the soap opera that’s the story of the band is about as rock ‘n’ roll as it gets.

It’s a saga characterised by battles and broken relationships and the kind of hard living that would put even the most notorious rock star to shame.

The hell-raising might be no more but the love/hate relationship of Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham lives on in many of the songs.

And what songs they are too, with the band producing a soundtrack for a whole generation.

This was a concert of epic proportions, 23 songs in total and not far short of three hours from start to finish, with the band on fire as they plundered the riches of their amazing back catalogue.

There was room for a new song in the shape of Sad Angel, which sounded good but didn’t really get the crowd to their feet in the way The Chain, Rhiannon, Tusk and Landslide did.

Given the big personalities and talents of Nicks and Buckingham it would be easy to overlook founder members Mick Fleetwood and John McVie who give the band its beating heart and clearly still relish playing live.

Other musical highlights included Sara, Big Love, Gypsy, Gold Dust Woman and Don’t Stop, although Say Goodbye, while an appropriate song to end on, didn’t offer the kind of rousing finale the show deserved.

After an evening of pure energy and exemplary musicianship that would put many bands half their age to shame Fleetwood Mac signed off with a lingering farewell that made one wonder whether it may be the last time they take to the stage.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
BTW, have they dedicated a show to Bob Welch (or any of the Bobs), yet?
I'll give you three guesses, the first two don't count.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

from Katy Hancock

There are 17 video's all together. To watch all the videos click on playlist, or click play all.

http://

Thank You So Much Katy Hancock For All Your Beautiful Videos.

Last edited by Deeshere; 09-30-2013 at 09:14 PM..
Old 09-30-2013, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

There were a few people my age in my block (16-17 year olds), but the only songs they knew or seemed to know were all from Rumours. A few people said after the show that they were disappointed because the band didn't play Everywhere/Songbird/You Make Loving Fun (mostly Christine songs). I was the only person who cheered when Lindsey mentioned the Tusk album and Stevie the Buckingham/Nicks album. And the faces around me were all blank during the four Tusk songs (the screamer next to me said afterwards, "I didn't even know half the songs they played"). I guess they all just showed up to hear Rumours songs and Landslide and to scream at Lindsey.
This is how it was at the show I went to. I had a 11-12yr old girl standing next to me with her mom and as soon as Lindsey started talking about Tusk, or when he was playing Not That Funny, or any of the Tusk songs for that matter, everyone around me just shut up. It's kind of sad really.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There were a few people my age in my block (16-17 year olds), but the only songs they knew or seemed to know were all from Rumours. A few people said after the show,"I didn't even know half the songs they played". I guess they all just showed up to hear Rumours songs and Landslide
This is why bands have to play the well known songs, because the majority of the crowd is made up of casual fans. It's a sad fact but it is reality. Think of any band or singer who you only know them by their radio hits. Do you wanna pay your hard earned money to hear them play a bunch of songs you don't know?