Stevie's opening speech & Dreams by laraliee

Old 10-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Big Love by Ajoanna

Landslide by Geli0105

Don't Stop by rhmusictv

Old 10-07-2013, 02:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My unability to write in english kills me again, I'm trying, really.

It was a magic night, at least for 3 people, Alex, Andrea and me. We are friends since a FM concert in 1990 (Essen, Germany), we met there. Alex actually lives in Cologne, Andrea drove 2 hours to visit me the day before, we went to Cologne by train for an hour. We are long distance friends for life.

Alex had a rather good ticket, 13th row, but due to bad luck and circumstances (When tickets went on sale, I was stuck in a youth hostel with 60 children, no internet and no means to just GET A FREAKIN' TICKET, which drove me crazy back then) Andrea and me ended with rather depressing seats back, high up. When we arrived at our seats, we saw how far away the stage was, we were really depressed.

You know, I AM middle-aged, but in contrast to every other middle-aged person around me, I'm also a fan for 34 years now, not someone who randomly went there, alot of the people looked rather bored already. I felt that I deserved the best seats in the house. Andrea felt the same and without more talking, we just went down to the ground floor. A steward asked for my ticket, I just kept walking as if I did not hear him, Andrea was an upright woman on her way to her legit place, too. He let us path without controlling our tickets. Yesss!

Down in the area, we met Alex, she decided that we had to be procative, went and found a "good witch" (her own words), who upgraded our tickets to that part of the venue. Bad seats, far far back but anyway. Yesss! again. Andrea and me then got quite bold. On our way to the concert, we had passed by some people who sold good tickets for a high price in front of the venue. We thought that probably not all of this tickets would be sold and went to first row, in front of Stevies mike and just sat down on 2 empty seats. We were so nervous that someone would just shoo us away. Minutes went by, noone requested the seats. Alex found another free seat in front row. Lights went out 10 minutes late and we actually HAD the best seats in the house.
We just stood up, walked 3 meters and stood where we had to be, Andrea and me in front of Stevie, Alex between Stevie and Lindsey. For 20 minutes into the concert, we just couldn't believe that our stunt had really worked out that well. We had the best seats in the house, but we did not even need them . The concert was the best of the ones we saw (1990, 2003, 2009). I cannot imagine how frustrating sitting back up would have been.

Andrea and Alex made tons of close up videos and photos, Alex' camera did not record good sound, I will try to "uprade" them when I got them (by post), Andrea made soe really good videos that we will post later. Then with an actual concert review.

Let me just say that "Sisters of the Moon" was a standout but GDW had our jaws drop. I have not seen what Stevie did with that song in any clip I saw so far, that were 12 minutes that knocked everyone out.

Thanks for reading my ramblings, will be back when Andrea and me worked up a coherent review.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 10-07-2013 at 03:06 AM..
Old 10-07-2013, 04:11 AM
Senior Ledgie

F
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post

It was a magic night, at least for 3 people, Alex, Andrea and me. We are friends since a FM concert in 1990 (Essen, Germany), we met there. Alex actually lives in Cologne, Andrea drove 2 hours to visit me the day before, we went to Cologne by train for an hour. We are long distance friends for life.

Alex had a rather good ticket, 13th row, but due to bad luck and circumstances (When tickets went on sale, I was stuck in a youth hostel with 60 children, no internet and no means to just GET A FREAKIN' TICKET, which drove me crazy back then) Andrea and me ended with rather depressing seats back, high up. When we arrived at our seats, we saw how far away the stage was, we were really depressed.

You know, I AM middle-aged, but in contrast to every other middle-aged person around me, I'm also a fan for 34 years now, not someone who randomly went there, alot of the people looked rather bored already. I felt that I deserved the best seats in the house. Andrea felt the same and without more talking, we just went down to the ground floor. A steward asked for my ticket, I just kept walking as if I did not hear him, Andrea was an upright woman on her way to her legit place, too. He let us path without controlling our tickets. Yesss!

Down in the area, we met Alex, she decided that we had to be procative, went and found a "good witch" (her own words), who upgraded our tickets to that part of the venue. Bad seats, far far back but anyway. Yesss! again. Andrea and me then got quite bold. On our way to the concert, we had passed by some people who sold good tickets for a high price in front of the venue. We thought that probably not all of this tickets would be sold and went to first row, in front of Stevies mike and just sat down on 2 empty seats. We were so nervous that someone would just shoo us away. Minutes went by, noone requested the seats. Alex found another free seat in front row. Lights went out 10 minutes late and we actually HAD the best seats in the house.
We just stood up, walked 3 meters and stood where we had to be, Andrea and me in front of Stevie, Alex between Stevie and Lindsey. For 20 minutes into the concert, we just couldn't believe that our stunt had really worked out that well. We had the best seats in the house, but we did not even need them . The concert was the best of the ones we saw (1990, 2003, 2009). I cannot imagine how frustrating sitting back up would have been.

Andrea and Alex made tons of close up videos and photos, Alex' camera did not record good sound, I will try to "uprade" them when I got them (by post), Andrea made soe really good videos that we will post later. Then with an actual concert review.

Let me just say that "Sisters of the Moon" was a standout but GDW had our jaws drop. I have not seen what Stevie did with that song in any clip I saw so far, that were 12 minutes that knocked everyone out.

Thanks for reading my ramblings, will be back when Andrea and me worked up a coherent review.
FANTASTIC story! Thank you for sharing! During the last Stevie tour in Australia a friend got to front row without having a ticket at all. Sometimes if you are bold AND lucky then magic can happen.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sometimes you just deserve such a thing. Cool to see did you succeed! I did kinda the same back in 2009 in Antwerp as well as at a U2 concert a few years ago.

Luckily most (of not all) rock-concerts in Holland are general admission in the centre field (the way a rock concert imho is supposed to be...come on who needs chairs to rock! ?), so I might be able to get upfront tonite in Amsterdam as well (will be stuck at work tilll at least 3 and the a 1h trainride), so I might not get at the Ziggodome early enough.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Gold Dust Woman by Claire Kesselaar

Go Your Own Way by Kamikazedieter

Silver Springs by Kamikazedieter

Old 10-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Say Goodbye by Kamikazedieter

Old 10-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You must have been on cloud nine. It sounds incredible the way you described sitting in the depressing seats and just deciding to go down like that. I never would have been able to pull that off.

Michele
Old 10-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

A steward asked for my ticket, I just kept walking as if I did not hear him, Andrea was an upright woman on her way to her legit place, too. He let us path without controlling our tickets. Yesss!

We went to first row, in front of Stevies mike and just sat down on 2 empty seats. Andrea made some really good videos that we will post later. Then with an actual concert review.
Your english is perfect. Ask Skip, he'll tell you. I loved your review and I'm glad you were brave enough to take your rightful seats in the house.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rhiannon by luccoppieters

Eyes of the World by Stefan Lechner

Stevie's opening speech
& Dreams by Stefan Lechner

Old 10-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey's Say Goodbye speech

Don't Stop by kamikazedieter

Go Your Own Way by caja1987

Old 10-07-2013, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

We just stood up, walked 3 meters and stood where we had to be, Andrea and me in front of Stevie, Alex between Stevie and Lindsey.
real fans deserve decent seats and shouldnt have to pay ridic prices.
i'm so impressed with your ninja skills
i'm too scared to get into trouble to do something like that.
i'll jump a row or two that's it ... in the dark

so glad you had a great time!!
Old 10-08-2013, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
i'm too scared to get into trouble to do something like that.
Me too and it would never work for me. I'm cursed when it comes to doing things like that. 20,000 people can do it and not get caught and I always will.

Michele
Old 10-08-2013, 03:36 AM
Junior Ledgie

Hi there,

the concert was awesome - some people were surprised that it started around 7.10 pm, as normally concerts start around 8 pm. So, during the first two, three tracks there was a lot of traffic inside the arena. Nevertheless the band played on and it was fantastic. Normally you expect to stand during such a concert but unfortunately it was all seated - and the people remained seated during most of time. Only Lindsey received standing ovations for Big Love and I'm So Afraid.
Stevie dedicated Landslide to all of us Cologne-people, as she doesn't know anybody here. One funny thing about Stevie - first she regretted not to speak German and that she wanna learn it someday (ha ha ), then it seemed that she spoke slow, so that the continental Europeans would understand most of it And she announced to cut the introduction speech of Without You short, as nobody wanted to get a lecture from her. In the end she spoke for ca. 8 minutes It was fun to hear this story (the song was there, it got lost, it was found again, got lost again, etc...) and Lindsey's memories about the time, Mick called him to join Fleetwood Mac.

At the very end it seemed, they didn't wanna leave the stage - Stevie stood there after Say Goodbye and gave us the warmest farewell words. After that, Mick came one last time on stage - The Mac is back

Ok, that's it from me - sorry for the bad English. Greetings from Germany
Tschö
Tobi
Old 10-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Well, I'm only reading translated reviews, so there may be some substance lost in the translation]

07/10/2013, 11:26 am Clock

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://www.oberpfalznetz.de/nachrichten/200901011310079901924_xml-100-Tdpainfo-Smusik,1,0.html&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie=UTF-8};

Fleetwood Mac convince the tour opener in Cologne

By Mark Ludwig, dpa

Cologne (AP) - It took only a few drums - and the fans of the rock band Fleetwood Mac felt the Germany tour kick-off on Sunday night at the sold-out Lanxess Arena transported to another time.

"Second Hand News," the song that opens the legendary 1977 released album "Rumours" was the start of a journey into the pop and rock world of the 1970s.

However, about two and a half hour show had no means dust. On the contrary, Fleetwood Mac showed that their power is by no means exhausted. Even with the fans, the band founded in 1967, has apparently still not lost their appeal. About 15 000 listeners had come to the concert in Cologne.

In London as a surprise as the former band member Christine McVie came on stage for a song, it was not though. But singer Stevie Nicks, guitarist Lindsey Buckingham and Mick Fleetwood on drums and John McVie on bass - both belong since its founding in 1967 on the band - made it even live to elicit their songs the atmospheric density and brittleness, which they so special titles making.

Whether "Rhiannon," "Go Your Own Way," "Gypsy" or "Do not Stop" as an encore - almost all the major hits of the band was inducted into the "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame» 1998, to hear . The focus was mainly the songs from the album "Rumours", which is around 40 million copies sold worldwide as one of the most successful albums in pop history.

In addition, the fans were excited about several songs from the 1979 released album "Tusk". Thus, as Buckingham, you have shown that you sometimes had to prevail against the record labels - and not always allowed to continue only that, what is going well.

Besides the big hits, there were also pieces of its new, digitally released 4-song EP, "Extended Play". Two songs the band has recorded over the course of the tour program. "Sad Angels" proved to be a rousing and catchy pop tune. "Without You", however, is a newly discovered piece which Buckingham and Nicks in 1974, recordings as a demo version.

The audience, many of them between 50 and 60 years old, Fleetwood Mac elicited with long applause finally four encores. With the delicate "Say Goodbye" the British-American band released the fans into the night. Fleetwood Mac is still in Stuttgart (October 14) and Berlin (16 October) to live.