User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-08-2016, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
If Mick and John are included, it will be interesting to see how they bill and promote "Mac Lite" without actually saying that or implying that.
Mac Lite sounds like a beer name.LOL...

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-08-2016, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I dont know what are the legal and contract deals with the Mac brand name and its members but it should be up to Mick and John with their band name.They have not change their name for almost 50 years when members come and go.If Stevie leaves .The name could stay the same If John retires and as long as Chris stays with the band .They maybe can go on with the FM name.I would keep the will established name this late in the game almost 50 years in existence.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-08-2016, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
if/when they put it out, it'll be interesting to watch the PR tap dance they'll have to do.... if all 4 of them are on the album, will they do publicity photos with the 4 of them? Then it looks like FM minus Stevie. Then reporters inevitably will ask in screaming headlines, Has Stevie Nicks Been Kicked Out of Fleetwood Mac?? And then they'll have the dueling quotes from the band and Stevie. It's a bit of a tightrope innit? I think even if there are just pics of Lindsey and Christine it'll create some churn because they're 2 of the 3 songwriters in the band.

Reporter: "So why did you feel the need to go off and record this without Stevie?"
Then they have to do the diplomatic dance: "Well, we had always wanted to record with Stevie but she had a solo album she wanted to promote, she had set that aside when Christine came back, and we support her in doing that but we had started working on new songs together and thought they deserved to be heard" blah blah blah.

The really interesting bit will be when the press inevitably goes to Stevie and asks for a quote from her about the album. That's when it could get fun. What will she say? "I wanted to do my solo work, you know I've had to put aside my solo work so many times for Fleetwood Mac and I'm 68 years old and really believed in my album and wanted to promote it while I could." And then this could be where she changes her tune and makes a more dramatic version of events and says "I'm sad they didn't want to wait for me" .....and if so I hope someone reminds her that she said she didn't really think she wanted to record with them any more.

Oh, the drama, people, the drama that is to come.
I think Stevie not being there could be an interesting PR angle or hook. Certainly the album would receive critical attention, in part because it is a Fleetwood Mac album, but also because it a Fleetwood Mac WITHOUT a key member. Reviewers will enjoy writing about it because there will at least be something to say about it without having to try too hard. (Remember all those SYW reviews that reviewed the music and considered the absence of Christine's effect on that music?)

There would be photo ops of the four of them--or at least I imagine there would be. I don't think the tour would be well attended, no matter how it was spun. Small venues would be safest and least embarrassing. But the actual music in the tour would likely be pretty fascinating.

Chris and Mick would be diplomatic: "We would have LOVED Stevie to participate, but..." Lindsey would likely talk about the advantage of her not being there, as he did about Christine in her absence.

Stevie would probably shrug off the album as a good little project and then talk more about the upcoming tour of the five of them. I'm only imagining this: of all the variables you mentioned, this one seems the most unpredictable to me.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karissa View Post
dinaalkachak: Did he say a solo album or a Fleetwood Mac album? Awesome story!
michellenbcla: @dinaalkachak a duet with Christine McVie!!! Thank you!

Good catch! I copied the comment & response here for anyone interested. Like I said, it's clearly not definitive info, but it's quite interesting, IMO.
Ha! The beauty of social media - just ask and you actually might get a straightforward answer.

This is good news, that its a duo and not solo one or the other. Interesting times!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-08-2016, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
if/when they put it out, it'll be interesting to watch the PR tap dance they'll have to do.... if all 4 of them are on the album, will they do publicity photos with the 4 of them? Then it looks like FM minus Stevie. Then reporters inevitably will ask in screaming headlines, Has Stevie Nicks Been Kicked Out of Fleetwood Mac?? And then they'll have the dueling quotes from the band and Stevie. It's a bit of a tightrope innit? I think even if there are just pics of Lindsey and Christine it'll create some churn because they're 2 of the 3 songwriters in the band.
That's exactly why they should call it Fleetwood Mac. No matter how it comes out -Fleetwood Mac, Mac Lite, Buckingham McVie, dual solo albums- Stevie's lack of participation will be the elephant in the room, so why piss over semantics? Call it what it is.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-08-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Buckingham McVie or Fleetwood Mac.
Either way it's a jab at Stevie. Just do it.
What does Rusty think?
Old 12-08-2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
It's not a solo album. That's just how she phrased it. Geez people. Think.
LOL.. indeed
Old 12-08-2016, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I think Stevie not being there could be an interesting PR angle or hook. Certainly the album would receive critical attention, in part because it is a Fleetwood Mac album, but also because it a Fleetwood Mac WITHOUT a key member. Reviewers will enjoy writing about it because there will at least be something to say about it without having to try too hard. (Remember all those SYW reviews that reviewed the music and considered the absence of Christine's effect on that music?)
It would be the second time in the band's history where a current member wasn't on the album, the other being when Jeremy Spencer didn't participate on "Then Play On."

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-08-2016, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
if/when they put it out, it'll be interesting to watch the PR tap dance they'll have to do.... I think even if there are just pics of Lindsey and Christine it'll create some churn because they're 2 of the 3 songwriters in the band.

Today, there are two songwriters in the band. Not three.

Old 12-08-2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karissa View Post
dinaalkachak: Did he say a solo album or a Fleetwood Mac album? Awesome story!
michellenbcla: @dinaalkachak a duet with Christine McVie!!! Thank you!

Good catch! I copied the comment & response here for anyone interested. Like I said, it's clearly not definitive info, but it's quite interesting, IMO.
Thanks!!!!!
Old 12-08-2016, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Could it be they aren't calling it fleetwood mac because johns not on most of the songs? I could be wrong but I thought only Chris Lindsey and mick were in the studio last.
Not certain about the material they did (relatively) recently with Christine, but I'm pretty sure Lindsey cut about 6-8 songs a couple of years previously with Mick and John. If they did in fact do some studio work in October as they said they would I have no reason to believe John wouldn't have been there. If anything, perhaps it would have been an opportunity to add John's bass if he had been missing from the previous sessions LC&M did.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:30 PM

Quote:

Reporter: "So why did you feel the need to go off and record this without Stevie?"
Then they have to do the diplomatic dance: "Well, we had always wanted to record with Stevie but she had a solo album she wanted to promote, she had set that aside when Christine came back, and we support her in doing that but we had started working on new songs together and thought they deserved to be heard" blah blah blah.

The really interesting bit will be when the press inevitably goes to Stevie and asks for a quote from her about the album. That's when it could get fun. What will she say? "I wanted to do my solo work, you know I've had to put aside my solo work so many times for Fleetwood Mac and I'm 68 years old and really believed in my album and wanted to promote it while I could." And then this could be where she changes her tune and makes a more dramatic version of events and says "I'm sad they didn't want to wait for me" .....and if so I hope someone reminds her that she said she didn't really think she wanted to record with them any more.

Reporter: Why did Christine and Lindsey do an album without you?
Stevie: Well you know, I love Fleetwood Mac so much. And I do so much for them. And I have this solo tour going, and I'm the boss here. And I love Lindsey so much and he appeared on Soldier's Angel. And I did a demos album. And Fleetwood Mac will always be my first love. I love them so much.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

John didn't initially participate after Christine returned because he was going through treatment. I was under the impression that he eventually got in before they put recording on hold for the tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-08-2016, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My dream (which won't happen) would be that they release it without the witch and get a grammy nomination for album of the year. Can you imagine the attention whore's face????
Old 12-08-2016, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I think Stevie not being there could be an interesting PR angle or hook.
I think it would garner publicity as well and new interview questions (finally). Of course, it could backfire. If the album stinks then everyone will say how Stevie's absence is fatal to the band. But it's a risk I'm willing to take.

Michele