Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine Nuggets

Pop Matters, June 10, 2016 Band of Horses Review

http://www.popmatters.com/post/band-...-going-steady/

By Pryor Stroud: Filled with dappled light, rustic-pop daydreaming, and winsome notebook-poetry like the best Band of Horses tracks, “Whatever, Wherever” is a stripped-down acoustic paean to the selflessness of love. Ben Bridwell’s voice, a cloying yet delicately measured breeze-substance, flits effortlessly and nonchalantly over the casual guitar strumming in the background. He seems to be staring off into space as he sings. A mirage of his lover slowly dissipates before him—she’s there long enough to spellbind his attention, but gone before he can get his fill. “Whatever you want / Wherever you are”, he sings in the chorus, declaring his total loyalty to this absent lover, but he might as well be singing the unimpeachable pop-adage from Fleetwood Mac’s “Everywhere”, another simple but melodically-potent composition: “I want to be with you everywhere”, the chorus resounds, and you can hear Christine McVie’s voice drawing from the exact same reservoir of breath and inexhaustible longing that “Whatever, Wherever” emerges from. [7/10]
Old 06-14-2016, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Thanks for starting the Nuggets thread.

Last week I heard "Love will show us how" on the radio. Sirius-Xm 80's channel.
I have not heard it on the radio since the 80's. It sounded SO GOOD. Its such a great lost 80's song.
I cranked it up and sung along.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Thanks for starting the Nuggets thread.

Last week I heard "Love will show us how" on the radio. Sirius-Xm 80's channel.
I have not heard it on the radio since the 80's. It sounded SO GOOD. Its such a great lost 80's song.
I cranked it up and sung along.
Love that one! Remember the video? One of my favorites.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpai View Post
Love that one! Remember the video? One of my favorites.
Oh yes. Its one of the best videos of the 80's in making fun of the making a video process. Its a hint at her tremendous sense of humor. I also love that the one time Stevie is asked about Christine's solo career (1985 interview) she mentions this video and the guitar burning on her piano.
It sounded so good on the radio. The song has some good chops.
Old 06-17-2016, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Awhile ago I posted my dream I have once a year about a solo Christine McVie concert. Its new but its also a flashback to the actual concert. Last night I had the dream again. Its such a great dream and this time I was on stage with her before she introduced Hold Me.
As usual in the dream (as I was in 1984), I am fretting at how few people are at the concert. This time there was much more and I was happy.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Did you guys see that there will be acoustic versions of Think About Me and Hold Me on Lindsey's episode of the Showtime series, Roadies? Michele

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...7&postcount=17
Old 07-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Did you guys see that there will be acoustic versions of Think About Me and Hold Me on Lindsey's episode of the Showtime series, Roadies? Michele

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...7&postcount=17
Really? That is awesome news!
Old 12-04-2016, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[A baseball blog recommends Just Crazy Love] Cincinatti.com

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...-121/94725610/

TUNE O’ THE DAY. . . Another little-played gem from the PDOC golden oldie cassette collection. I will take Christine McVie over Stevie Nicks, artistically and aesthetically, all day long.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[ The New York Times on solving a crossword puzzle] By DEB AMLEN DEC. 2, 2016

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/02/cr...-you.html?_r=0

If you are into music, you probably know John and Christine MCVIE of Fleetwood Mac at 1D. Drop that in. That gives you the M for 1A’s “True Artisan.”

The only answer I know of that has five letters for “___ you coming?” (2D) is AREN’T. Into the grid it goes.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:42 AM

GO YOUR OWN WAY, Based on Fleetwood Mac's Christine McVie, Set to Tour Australia

Award-winning artist Catherine Alcorn will kick off her national tour of the critically acclaimed stage show Go Your Own Way based on the life of one of rock's most fiercely private and intriguing figures, Christine McVie, in January 2017 - which also marks the 40th Anniversary of their most famous album, RUMOURS.

Christine McVie was the girl who started out as a school teacher, picked up a bass guitar and began to sing the blues. Then she joined Fleetwood Mac and made rock history.

Commissioned by Kate Ceberano for the Adelaide Cabaret Festival, Go Your Own Way is the story of great music and the tempestuous life of Christine McVie.

In a career that so far spans four decades, the enigmatic McVie is brought to life in this play-with-music by Alcorn who brings her own magic to some of the most memorable songs of the 20th century including Little Lies, Everywhere, Don't Stop and Songbird.

Featuring Dirty Dancing's Kirby Burgess (Baby) as Stevie Nicks, Go Your Own Way explores Christine's contrary attitude to global fame, ridiculous wealth, love and loss, personal privacy, songwriting.

Starring Catherine Alcorn
Written by Diana Simmonds
Directed by Jason Langley (Dusty)
Musically Directed by Isaac Hayward (The Rabbits)
Featuring Kirby Burgess (Baby in Dirty Dancing)

For media enquiries contact Ian Phipps - IP Publicity - ian@ippublicity.com.au or 0419 977 649

TOUR DATES (more to be announced)

20 JAN The Joan Sutherland Penrith NSW

24 FEB Mackay Entertainment Centre Mackay QLD

5 MAR SunPac Sunnybank QLD

11 MAR Lake Kawana Community Centre, Bokarina QLD

1 APR Araluen Arts Centre Alice Springs NT

11 MAY Cessnock Performing Arts Centre Cessnock NSW

12 MAY Manning Entertainment Centre Taree NSW

13 MAY GLASSHOUSE Port Macquarie NSW

29 JUNE The Q Queanbeyan ACT

20 SEPT Jetty Memorial Theatre Coffs Harbour NSW

22 SEPT Capitol Theatre Tamworth NSW

13 OCT Redland Ents Centre Cleveland QLD

14 OCT Logan Ent Centre Logan QLD

26 OCT Riverina Playhouse Wagga Wagga NSW

27 OCT Riverina Playhouse Wagga Wagga NSW

http://www.broadwayworld.com/austral...alia-20161204#
Old 12-07-2016, 11:57 AM

thanks for posting!
Old 04-19-2017, 09:47 AM

Curtain Call | Life of Christine McVie from Fleetwood Mac coming to Taree's Manning Entertainment Centre stage

“Go Your Own Way” draws in Fleetwood Mac fans

Award-winning artist and Sydney Theatre Award nominee Catherine Alcorn will bring her critically acclaimed stage show Go Your Own Way based on the life of one of rock’s most fiercely private and intriguing figures, Christine McVie, to Taree’s Manning Entertainment Centre on Friday May 12, 2017.

This year also marks the 40th anniversary of their most famous album, RUMOURS.

Commissioned by Kate Ceberano for the Adelaide Cabaret Festival, Go Your Own Way is the story of great music and the tempestuous life of Christine McVie.

Christine McVie was the girl who started out as a school teacher, picked up a bass guitar and began to sing the blues. Then she joined Fleetwood Mac and made rock history.

No stranger to NSW audiences, Alcorn, who is more famously known for her portrayal as The Di-vine Miss Bette, which broke box office records all across Australia on her 2016 tour, is excited to be making her Taree debut this year.

“I’m thrilled to be playing the Manning Entertainment Centre for the first time. As a young girl, my family and I holidayed in Old Bar for a number of years. I love the area as it holds very fond memories for me. I’m particularly excited to be bringing them Christine McVie’s story. Her music is the heart and soul of this beautifully crafted piece. It will be a nostalgic evening for many.”

In a career that so far spans four decades, the enigmatic McVie is brought to life in this play-with-music by Alcorn who brings her own magic to some of the most memorable songs of the 20th century including Little Lies, Everywhere, Don’t Stop and Songbird.

Featuring an all-star band including American Idiot’s Glenn Moorhouse (musical director), Go Your Own Way explores Christine’s contrary attitude to global fame, ridiculous wealth, love and loss, personal privacy, songwriting.

http://www.manningrivertimes.com.au/...ife-and-music/
Old 04-19-2017, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Curtain Call | Life of Christine McVie from Fleetwood Mac coming to Taree's Manning Entertainment Centre stage

“Go Your Own Way” draws in Fleetwood Mac fans

Award-winning artist and Sydney Theatre Award nominee Catherine Alcorn will bring her critically acclaimed stage show Go Your Own Way based on the life of one of rock’s most fiercely private and intriguing figures, Christine McVie, to Taree’s Manning Entertainment Centre on Friday May 12, 2017.

This year also marks the 40th anniversary of their most famous album, RUMOURS.

No stranger to NSW audiences, Alcorn, who is more famously known for her portrayal as The Di-vine Miss Bette, which broke box office records all across Australia on her 2016 tour, is excited to be making her Taree debut this year.

“I’m thrilled to be playing the Manning Entertainment Centre for the first time. As a young girl, my family and I holidayed in Old Bar for a number of years. I love the area as it holds very fond memories for me. I’m particularly excited to be bringing them Christine McVie’s story. Her music is the heart and soul of this beautifully crafted piece. It will be a nostalgic evening for many.”

In a career that so far spans four decades, the enigmatic McVie is brought to life in this play-with-music by Alcorn who brings her own magic to some of the most memorable songs of the 20th century including Little Lies, Everywhere, Don’t Stop and Songbird.

Featuring an all-star band including American Idiot’s Glenn Moorhouse (musical director), Go Your Own Way explores Christine’s contrary attitude to global fame, ridiculous wealth, love and loss, personal privacy, songwriting.

http://www.manningrivertimes.com.au/...ife-and-music/
Sounds interesting. Neat that it's something all about Christine. She never gets the credit she deserves. I'm a bit confused to why the title isn't one of her songs though. I mean I get that GYOW is probably the most widely recognized Fleetwood Mac song, but I think Don't Stop would work as a title. 
Old 04-19-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24karatstevie View Post
Sounds interesting. Neat that it's something all about Christine. She never gets the credit she deserves. I'm a bit confused to why the title isn't one of her songs though. I mean I get that GYOW is probably the most widely recognized Fleetwood Mac song, but I think Don't Stop would work as a title. 
Or Songbird.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Or Songbird.
Yes definitely Songbird!