Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-13-2005, 02:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Wasn't the drunken sailor comment about when old what's her name almost fell off the stage?
Not sure, bud... you keep even better track of things related to Stevie than I do.

Quote:
YOU brought old twat's her name up in Chris' forum. Not me.
Okay, after checking, J brought up the old broad as part of your punishment.
Just to clarify, I believe the first mention of anything "chiffon" related, came from you.
"His chiffon ruffled into a tizzy!"

Do you read Shakepeare, by the way?
Old 05-13-2005, 03:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Not sure, bud... you keep even better track of things related to Stevie than I do.
Hey, when somebody comes up with a gem, I store it away like an acorn.

Quote:
Just to clarify, I believe the first mention of anything "chiffon" related, came from you.
"His chiffon ruffled into a tizzy!"
Only because in the INITIAL post, you warned that I couldn't say that ALL Christine's singles should've been number ones. Then Steve did just that, so I felt the need to warn him about your army. You know, old what's her name's army. Perhaps you should iron your chiffon more often.

Quote:
Do you read Shakepeare, by the way?
Is that a Larry Flynt publication?
Old 05-13-2005, 03:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Only because in the INITIAL post, you warned that I couldn't say that ALL Christine's singles should've been number ones. Then Steve did just that, so I felt the need to warn him about your army. You know, old what's her name's army. Perhaps you should iron your chiffon more often.
Uhm, it was a little joke... not a "warning." You did know that, right?
I just thought it would be more interesting if folks listed only one or two songs that they felt most deserved to have that top spot... rather than simply saying "all of them."

And what gives with the "army" stuff and feeling the need to "warn" someone? Like I was going to give Steve a cyber flogging for picking more than one Christine song, because I'm on some kind of mission to make sure Chris doesn't steal any of Stevie's popularity.

Maybe I'm wrong, but you seem to have some odd thing built up in your head about Stevie's big, bad, meanie-pants fans. The last time I looked, there's no war between Christine's and Stevie's fans. In fact, many of us happen to love both Mac ladies, and can talk about them in the same sentence without pitting one against the other.

Quote:
Is that a Larry Flynt publication?
I was just thinking of an old Shakespeare quote, that's all.
"The (Ledgie) doth protest too much, methinks."

General Stew signing off.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Uhm, it was a little joke... not a "warning." You did know that, right?
I just thought it would be more interesting if folks listed only one or two songs that they felt most deserved to have that top spot... rather than simply saying "all of them."

And what gives with the "army" stuff and feeling the need to "warn" someone? Like I was going to give Steve a cyber flogging for picking more than one Christine song, because I'm on some kind of mission to make sure Chris doesn't steal any of Stevie's popularity.

Maybe I'm wrong, but you seem to have some odd thing built up in your head about Stevie's big, bad, meanie-pants fans. The last time I looked, there's no war between Christine's and Stevie's fans. In fact, many of us happen to love both Mac ladies, and can talk about them in the same sentence without pitting one against the other.
See, the written word is far too easily misinterpreted. Believe it or not, I'm joking just as much as you are. I actually DO tire of hearing about her though(especially on Chris' board). I don't bother people on her board.

Quote:
I was just thinking of an old Shakespeare quote, that's all.
"The (Ledgie) doth protest too much, methinks."

General Stew signing off.
I've stated many times, I used to be a huge Stevie fan. My appreciation of Chris blossomed fully over time, and I now rank Stevie third in MY appreciation. Sorry for whoever doesn't like that. That's just the way it is!
Goodnight General,
Homie
Old 05-13-2005, 03:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
See, the written word is far too easily misinterpreted. Believe it or not, I'm joking just as much as you are.
Well, I'm glad that you're joking, too. At first I thought you were, since I was. Then it started to seem otherwise.

Quote:
I actually DO tire of hearing about her though(especially on Chris' board). I don't bother people on her board.
But, see, it shouldn't be a "bother" to discuss both ladies. Christine's name pops up on Stevie's forum, too, and no one ****s a brick about it over there.

Quote:
I've stated many times, I used to be a huge Stevie fan. My appreciation of Chris blossomed fully over time, and I now rank Stevie third in MY appreciation. Sorry for whoever doesn't like that.
I still don't recall anyone ever telling you that you had to like Stevie. First, third, or fifteenth. And, again, many of us love and adore Christine just as much as you do. So there really is no need for you to be so defensive when Stevie's name pops up here from time to time. It's not going to dim Christine's spotlight whatsoever.

Goodnight, Homie.
-- The General
Old 05-13-2005, 03:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I smelled nary a brick anywhere here. Perhaps you are too defensive?
Old 05-13-2005, 04:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I smelled nary a brick anywhere here. Perhaps you are too defensive?

Nice try there, Pot.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Yeah, does anyone have that? I don't think I knew it existed. I've heard the demo that has her vocals only, which I didn't particularly like. Is this different?
I think Homer is referring to a live "Hold Me" version from Christine's solo tour. I'd love to e-mail a track to anyone, but I have dial-up. You can get a live "Hold Me" from either the Chicago or New Jersey shows. Both of those shows are in circulation & have very good sound quality.

Last edited by macfan 57; 05-13-2005 at 06:21 AM..
Old 05-13-2005, 10:53 AM

Quote:
I can think of better things to do with drunken sailors.

You know Stevie... she's that lady you can never stop talking about.
That was a good one JS!
Old 05-13-2005, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I think Homer is referring to a live "Hold Me" version from Christine's solo tour. I'd love to e-mail a track to anyone, but I have dial-up. You can get a live "Hold Me" from either the Chicago or New Jersey shows. Both of those shows are in circulation & have very good sound quality.
Thanks for the info!

Quote:
I actually DO tire of hearing about her though(especially on Chris' board). I don't bother people on her board.
But why is it such a crime for someone else to come up on this forum or any other forum? That's the whole nature of The Ledge. And I still can't get over how you talk about this non-existent army like it's going to come riding in on phony ponies or something. Those people who think what's-her-name ( ) can do no wrong are almost all on the BN board.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No one said it was a crime, AND, it shouldn't be a crime for me to state that I'm tired of hearing about her in Chris' forum. Just my opinion, nothing more.
Put that in your pipe and schmoke it.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No one said it was a crime, AND, it shouldn't be a crime for me to state that I'm tired of hearing about her in Chris' forum. Just my opinion, nothing more.
Put that in your pipe and schmoke it.
Okay, so my word choice was bad. But why do you object? Yes, of course you have the right to your opinion and to express it on here, just as I have the right to argue with you about inconsequential things on here ( ), but I guess what I'm asking you to do is explain the logic behind your opinion. Why is it okay for some forums to go off-topic and not others?
Old 05-13-2005, 01:26 PM

Sadfjklrhiannonfasdjklfsjklaiofjeoiafjstevienicksjklasfjklasdfjklasfjlksjfklstevienicksafjlksdjflajs oivjoaijeoijastephanienicksjksdfjioaiofjoaeijfoiajfkjbelladonnajklasdfklasdfjkfjklwildheartjklfasjlk asdfjklasdfjklasfhasanyoneeverwrittenanythingforyouwellihavesdfa;jklsdkjafsdkljifanyonefallsinloveit willbeoneofuslksfadjklasjklasdfjklascryforthenightbirdtonightdododododoododbeautyandthebeastasdfjkla sfdlkjasdflkjasfkltroubleinshangraliklsdfalkj
Old 05-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That is f*cking hilarious.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Okay, so my word choice was bad. But why do you object? Yes, of course you have the right to your opinion and to express it on here, just as I have the right to argue with you about inconsequential things on here ( ), but I guess what I'm asking you to do is explain the logic behind your opinion. Why is it okay for some forums to go off-topic and not others?
It IS okay, but I still reserve the right to BITCH about it!
I don't come to the church of Chris to worship Satan!