The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-13-2004, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Claudia, that link to the picture of Eddy & Christine isn't showing up.

By the way, if you happen to have the Tango & BTM tourbooks, there are quite a few pictures of him in both of them. I don't have a scanner, so I can't post them here.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:14 AM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Oops, Just go to http://www.angelfire.com/mt/songbird/songphotos.html on the 1980s section, the first two pictures.
Old 06-13-2004, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
I do have those tourbooks. Can you point me out to a particular picture?
thanks!
Claudia just posted 2 pictures from the BTM tourbook. There's an additional picture of just Eddy in the BTM tourbook. It's on the first page of 4 pages of pictures. It's just to the right of the very nice picture of John holding his baby daughter. Eddy is shown smoking a cigarette. There are 2 pictures of Eddy in the Tango tourbook. There is one on the first page of 4 pages of pictures. It's at the bottom just to the left of a picture of Chris & Mick's daughter. There is an additional picture of Chris & Eddy on page 2 of the pictures. They are shown holding their 3 dogs. Hope this helps.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Resurrecting an old thread, but it seemed the best place to file these anecdotes...I think I would have beat the sh*t out of them, myself...

Almost as soon as the reception of Pacific Ocean Blue suggested that Dennis might have a meaningful life outside The Beach Boys, it all started to fall apart. In the carefree pre-Manson days, Denny and his pals Gregg Jakobson and Terry Melcher had a self-explantory boys club they called The Golden Penetrators, complete with gold-painted car parked on the Wilson property. And these were married men. Dennis was the cliched male who thought with his cock, and whatever advice it gave he accepted unquestioningly. But as ’60s consciousness exploration and freedom were corrupted by ’70s chemical abuse and indulgence, things took on an increasingly ugly edge. Ed Roach remembers coming to blows with Dennis at Christine McVie’s home when she and The Beach Boy were involved. “It was over a woman,” he admits somewhat sheepishly. “A ridiculous fight all over the house, while Fleetwood Mac were out on the road. Christine had bought an antique piano bench from Tallulah Bankhead, worth $10,000, and Dennis cracked it over my back. I jumped and grabbed the crystal chandelier to kick him like Errol Flynn and the whole thing came crashing down. It was crazy, and the excess fuel in our systems didn’t help.” And, it must be pointed out, the woman they were brawling over was neither Dennis’ girlfriend nor Ed’s domestic partner, but the wife of another Mac member. As the ’70s progressed, the penetrations were no longer so golden.

But the Dennis Wilson who burned Christine McVie’s pool house to the ground – prompting her pointedly dry remark to Gregg Jakobson, “A bit excessive, your friend Dennis, isn’t he?” – was also the same man-child who had a large heart composed of red and white flowers planted in McVie’s garden, where he serenaded her backed by a string quartet. (That Chris ultimately wound up with the bill in no way diminishes the gesture of a man who, when he had it, happily gave away everything he had.)
A decade earlier he had confided to a friend, “I could probably never be happier in my life, could never make things better than I have them right now, yet I know I’m gonna **** it up. It’s not that I think that, I know it. I have to **** it up. I don’t know why. It’s just too perfect, so I’ve gotta **** it up.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass View Post
Didn't do that yet but I played tracks from Bamboo instead and it's almost as great.

Yup, this book excerpt at BLA confirms it:
http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.ph...x_v2&id=19&c=2

Last edited by ejb1969; 07-28-2013 at 04:06 PM..
Old 07-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
How does this person know Dennis and Stevie shacked up? I went to the site, but did not see anything.
Duh, she shacked up with everyone. Doesn't take a scientist.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb1969 View Post
Resurrecting an old thread, but it seemed the best place to file these anecdotes...I think I would have beat the sh*t out of them, myself...
Oh my goodness. Dennis is long dead and there's no need for me to heap my scorn on him now, but shaking my fist over that broken piano bench.

Michele
Old 07-28-2013, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh my goodness. Dennis is long dead and there's no need for me to heap my scorn on him now, but shaking my fist over that broken piano bench. Did Dennis even like Christine? Were there times when he supported her and cared about her feelings or showed her any respect? I know you think there must have been, but ...

Just did a search and read Bankhead's will. One bequest is: R. To JESSE W. LEVY, my Baldwin grand piano and bench.

Michele
Old 07-30-2013, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass View Post
Unable to resist the obvious temptation, Dennis made love to Stevie Nicks just when he was supposed to be settling down with Christine. He also returned to Karen on a fairly regular basis - he just couldn't seern to give her up.
A 'golden penetrator' meets the 'gold dust woman'? Well, how could anything else have happened... what eedjeets

Quote:
That Chris ultimately wound up with the bill in no way diminishes the gesture of a man who, when he had it, happily gave away everything he had.
Hmmm, have to think in some ways that would diminish the gesture, but thinking isn't some folks' strong suit... like going diving while extremely intoxicated. Oops.

Last edited by becca; 07-30-2013 at 06:01 PM..
Old 07-30-2013, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
Hmmm, have to think in some ways that would diminish the gesture,
Ha. Oh good heavens, there is no end to what kind of thoughtful, unique and romantic gifts I could give, if I didn't have to pay for them.

Michele
Old 08-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Banned

Default Help !!!!!!

I am looking for some help finding a very old made for TV movie... Possibly "80's era??
I cannot tell you the title or the actors... only that it dealt with Dennis Wilson and Chris McVie....

Though a Fleetwood Mac Fan.... I was not aware of the personal relationship so did NOT know it was about Chris...

It has to be out there somewhere.......and there has to be another old foggy that remembers it???

Thanks,
d

Last edited by drag00n; 08-02-2013 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 12-31-2013, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Excerpt from Guardian article. Must Charles Manson and Christine be in the same sentence?]

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...ocks-backpages

Wilson's Pacific Ocean Blue has come back to life 31 years later in glorious expanded form from Sony's Legacy Recordings. There's now a chance to hear how much more there was to the black sheep of the Wilson clan, the one who did everything from befriending Charles Manson to living with Fleetwood Mac's Christine McVie.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Must Charles Manson and Christine be in the same sentence?
Haven't you been following the discussion in The Early Years forum? If they aren't the same person they are twins separated at birth
Old 01-01-2014, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Haven't you been following the discussion in The Early Years forum? If they aren't the same person they are twins separated at birth
Oh yes. It is comical.

Michele
Old 01-02-2014, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Duh, she shacked up with everyone. Doesn't take a scientist.
I find it difficult to believe that Stevie would have slept with Christine's boyfriend. She loved Chris like a sister. Now Carol was also Lindsey's girlfriend so maybe they got that mixed up. Although Carol swears that she didn't sleep with him, Dennis said they did. Who knows there what happened. I just really find it hard to believe that Stevie did sleep with him. Imagine the tension in the band that would have caused if the only 2 members who really got along, had slept with the same person?
Old 01-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There was another "Carol" that Dennis married or lived with (and had children with) around that era. I think she was either the wife of, or ex-wife of, Robert Lamm of Chicago fame.

EDIT: Not "Carol", but Karen Lamm...ex-wife of Robert Lamm. Also, later died (2001).