The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default 7th National Jazz & Blues Festival Windsor Aug 1967 on CD from CASTLE !!!

Hello,
I've just found this annoucement on CD UNIVERSE site.
CASTLE are going to publish two gigs of early PG Fleetwood Mac on August 2007.
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...=7473933&BAB=E
I hope the sound will be a little better than on my bootleg from Windsor and Live at the Marquee (Receiver Records).

Regards
Krzysztof
Old 07-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowk View Post
'...

I hope the sound will be a little better than on my bootleg from Windsor and Live at the Marquee (Receiver Records).
hi krzysztof,

wow, the first mac gig!
on the quality, don't get your hopes up. from the notes:

'...After just a handful of rehearsals the band debuted, to great critical acclaim, at the prestigious Windsor National Jazz & Blues Festival, on Sunday August 13th. A few nights later they played their first club gig, at the famous Marquee. Unknown to the band these gigs were recorded, by a couple of fans, albeit on primitive, hand-held mini-tape recorders. Fortuitously, these tapes survived…and although lo-fi recordings, of bootleg quality, these remain unique and powerful historical artefacts.'

z
Old 07-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowk View Post
Hello,
I've just found this annoucement on CD UNIVERSE site.
CASTLE are going to publish two gigs of early PG Fleetwood Mac on August 2007.
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...=7473933&BAB=E

Regards
Krzysztof
SHAME!
The Windsor tapes have been circulating around the web for years. True FM lovers got hold of it by uncommercial trade. As for me, I offer it FREE for anyone really interested in the early FM years. It can also be found on various torrent sites. The Marquee has been an official release for years now, so nothing new about this.
So I guess some company is trying to make money over the heads of the artists and recording fans involved. Will they receive anything?
And furthermore:
Quote - When the omnipotent Peter Green assembled his new band in the Summer of ’67, he’d already decided to name them after his rhythm section - and former colleagues in John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers - bassist John McVie and drummer Mick Fleetwood. - Unquote.
We all know that the bands name was inspired by the recording of "Fleetwood Mac", a title given to the instrumental Peter recorded with John and Mick during studio time John Mayall gave him for his birthday.
They even entitled track 4 as "Instrumental", apparantly they don't know that this is the track that started it all (Fleetwood Mac).
They also mentioned:
Qoute - Unknown to the band these gigs were recorded, by a couple of fans, albeit on primitive, hand-held mini-tape recorders. Fortuitously, these tapes survived…and although lo-fi recordings, of bootleg quality, these remain unique and powerful historical artefacts. - Unqoute.
So what do these "couple of fans" receive from the sellings of the new release?????