Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-21-2017, 03:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New album and request for concert reviews

Since there is way too much bull**** and negativity going on over on the Rumours board (what else is new), this looks like the safest place to talk about Christine's new songs. I just love all of them! I think my favorites are Carnival Begin, Red Sun, and Too Far Gone. All three are amazing. Feel About You would be fourth place. It's like she never stopped performing all those years. I am so happy that she is out doing music and cannot wait to hear from those of you who attend the concert. Could you please paste concert reports here too?
Old 06-21-2017, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree that Christine's new songs are all excellent. I would add "Game of Pretend" to your list as a great new one. I am so happy they included a piano ballad as one of Chris' new songs. My single favorite is "Carnival Begin," which gives me chills.

I am also really enjoying the interviews with her and the positive attitude I see from both her and Lindsey, and how much it is apparent that the two of them have enjoyed this whole project and how they like working together.

I will be going to the Boston show a week from today. I am going to try to stay off the Ledge before then because I don't want to know what they are going to play. I want to be surprised! I will definitely post a review of the show afterwards.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Since there is way too much bull**** and negativity going on over on the Rumours board (what else is new), this looks like the safest place to talk about Christine's new songs. I just love all of them! I think my favorites are Carnival Begin, Red Sun, and Too Far Gone. All three are amazing. Feel About You would be fourth place. It's like she never stopped performing all those years. I am so happy that she is out doing music and cannot wait to hear from those of you who attend the concert. Could you please paste concert reports here too?

Great idea about posting the concert reviews over here and I couldn't agree with you more about her songs on this new disc. I'm hoping to see them in Philly.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Carnival Begin is an absolute MASTERPIECE! I also have to admit that Feel About You is my second favorite on the album after Carnival. I know it's very poppy and the lyrics aren't necessarily advanced but it's so catchy and fun that I can't help but adore it!
Old 06-28-2017, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great, looking forward to the reviews! They added a show in NYC which I may see after I check out the prices first.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Going to the NYC show, so I will post a review here too! Yay!
Old 07-01-2017, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The show in Philly last night was fantastic. It was great to hear all those new songs. I really enjoyed all of the new stuff live and all the folks sitting around me obviously knew all of the words. I had 6th row, stage right on Lindsey's side. It was a great mix of the old and the new. This new album is AMAZING!
Old 07-01-2017, 08:46 AM
Junior Ledgie

Yea I was at the Philly show last night and I will never forget it (first time seeing any Fleetwood Mac members live). The setlist was great and they worked in both new songs and classic favorites. Of the new songs, I really liked the way they did Too Far Gone, and the drums were pretty awesome in that song. They did not play Carnival Begin, which I thought could have been one of those songs that sounds completely different when played live. But I loved every second of the concert and I felt like the 2 hours went by way too quickly.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting the reviews, so glad you all have enjoyed it! Very excited. I am just super thrilled that Christine is experiencing all of this again, and that we get to as well!
Old 07-03-2017, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
The show in Philly last night was fantastic. It was great to hear all those new songs. I really enjoyed all of the new stuff live and all the folks sitting around me obviously knew all of the words. I had 6th row, stage right on Lindsey's side. It was a great mix of the old and the new. This new album is AMAZING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenknights88 View Post
Yea I was at the Philly show last night and I will never forget it (first time seeing any Fleetwood Mac members live). The setlist was great and they worked in both new songs and classic favorites. Of the new songs, I really liked the way they did Too Far Gone, and the drums were pretty awesome in that song. They did not play Carnival Begin, which I thought could have been one of those songs that sounds completely different when played live. But I loved every second of the concert and I felt like the 2 hours went by way too quickly.
so happy to read these reviews and how so many people know all the words for their new songs. i was in Philly too, among a few fans who were at the stage and they kept trying to make us sit down, even during GYOW. i still immensely enjoyed the show!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-04-2017, 03:13 AM
Ledgie

I need to know why Christine has that little bat and why she waves at at Lindsey during Go Your Own Way. It really cracked me up. I feel like there has to be some kind of inside joke in that.

Having said that, the show in Chicago was great. I was blessed to be in the front row. My only real complaint was that there were a couple of songs where I thought Christine's mic wasn't loud enough. She should just stop trying to hit the high notes on You Make Loving Fun. It's not happening for her. For the most part, she is in good voice. And she is just so happy, which is great to see. I have a whole new respect for Lindsey and how much he puts into each performance, as well. Overall, I'm glad they went out on the road with this and it was worth every penny and then some.

I'm sorry Stevie was too big of an asshat to participate and turn this into a Fleetwood Mac album, but I do love the album, anyway. I was not excited about what I heard initially, but it's grown on me and just crawled under my skin. I'm sure pretty much everyone in the front row was a die-hard fan, of course, but I really hope it's gratifying to them to see how many people were singing along with every word of the new songs.