Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New album and tour!

Sorry, this deserves to be listed here as well.... I hate seeing this forum sit idle.
(Most of the conversation is in the Rumours forum, so check there as well, but let's bump Chris's forum as well. She deserves it).

Check the website: https://buckinghammcvie.com/#/

Subject: LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM & CHRISTINE McVIE Announce New Album Available June 9

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM AND CHRISTINE McVIE
ANNOUNCE NEW ALBUM

Longtime Collaborators Team Up For First Duo Record,

Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie,

Available From Atlantic Records On June 9

First Single “In My World” Available This Friday On All Digital And Streaming Services

The Duo Will Hit The Road For A Special Engagement Of U.S. Shows Starting June 21st

LOS ANGELES – Longtime members of Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie have joined together to record their first-ever album as a duo. Simply titled LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM/CHRISTINE McVIE, the 10-song album will be released by Atlantic Records this summer, followed by a run of special U.S. concerts. The first single “In My World” will be available this Friday, April 14, on all digital and streaming services.

The album will be available June 9 on CD, LP, and all digital and streaming services. The U.S. tour will begin on June 21st.

The collaboration began three years ago, when McVie rejoined Fleetwood Mac for the group’s “On With The Show” tour. The pair went in to record new material prior to rehearsals for the tour and their natural creative chemistry was reignited. According to Buckingham, “We were exploring a creative process, and the identity of the project took on a life organically. The body of work felt like it was meant to be a duet album. We acknowledged that to each other on many occasions, and said to ourselves, ‘what took us so long?!!’”

Working their natural singer songwriter skills together came easily for the duo. Said Christine McVie, “We’ve always written well together, Lindsey and I, and this has just spiraled into something really amazing that we’ve done between us.”

Sessions for the album took place at The Village Studios in Los Angeles, which is where Fleetwood Mac recorded several of their classic albums, including Tusk. Buckingham and McVie were joined in the studio by fellow bandmates Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, who supplied much of the dynamic rhythmic engine.

"It's a huge honour for East West and WMG to partner with two of the best artists in rock history who've written, recorded and performed some of the most popular and enduring music of all time. ‘Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie’ is a very special collaborative album that showcases both of their stunning talent,” said Dan Chalmers, President Rhino, East West & ADA UK. " We're very proud of our long and ongoing relationship with the band and confident that this record will be loved and enjoyed by Fleetwood Mac and music fans the world over."

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM/CHRISTINE McVIE

Track Listing

1. “Sleeping Around The Corner”
2. “Feel About You”
3. “In My World”
4. “Red Sun”
5. “Love Is Here To Stay”
6. “Too Far Gone”
7. “Lay Down For Free”
8. “Game Of Pretend”
9. “On With The Show”
10. “Carnival Begin”

U.S. TOUR DATES

Date
City
Venue

June 21, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Chastain Park

June 23, 2017
Nashville, TN
Ascend Amphitheatre

June 24, 2017
Raleigh, NC
The Red Hat Amphitheater

June 26, 2017
Vienna, VA
Wolf Trap

June 28, 2017
Boston, MA
Blue Hills Bank Pavilion

June 30, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Mann Center for the Performing Arts

July 2, 2017
Detroit, MI
Fox Theatre

July 3, 2017
Chicago, IL
Northerly Island

July 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Budweiser Stage

July 19, 2017
Woodinville, WA
Chateau Ste. Michelle

July 21, 2017
Murphys, CA
Ironstone Amphitheatre

July 22, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Park Theatre

July 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Comerica Theatre

July 27, 2017
Denver, CO
Paramount Theatre

Tickets to the general public will begin going on-sale Friday, April 21st, please check local listings for times.

American Express® Card Members can purchase tickets in select markets before the general public beginning Monday, April 17th.

For Atlanta, Nashville, Boston, Chicago and Phoenix: Citi® cardmembers will have access to purchase presale tickets beginning Monday, April 17th. For complete details, please visit www.CitiPrivatePass.com.

PRE-ORDER LINKS:

CD: https://rrih.no/lbcmcd

LP: https://rrih.no/lbcmlp

Digital: https://rrih.no/lbcmdig

First single “In My World”: https://rrih.no/lbcmig1 (link will be live April 13th at 9pm PST)

For more information, please visit www.buckinghammcvie.com.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-11-2017 at 11:13 AM..
Old 04-11-2017, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This is a dream come true. It was a miracle when Chris came back to Fleetwood Mac. To have Chris on a partial solo tour in a smaller venue is beyond miracle.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
This is a dream come true. It was a miracle when Chris came back to Fleetwood Mac. To have Chris on a partial solo tour in a smaller venue is beyond miracle.
I was thinking the same thing. Who would have thought three years ago that we will be graced with this elite tour?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Who would have thought three years ago that we will be graced with this elite tour?
I saw Christine's tour and it was amazing. Best solo tour of the three. It was crazy good.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:28 PM
Ledgie

Thumbs up

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM/CHRISTINE McVIE

Track Listing

1. “Sleeping Around The Corner”
2. “Feel About You”
3. “In My World”
4. “Red Sun”
5. “Love Is Here To Stay”
6. “Too Far Gone”
7. “Lay Down For Free”
8. “Game Of Pretend”
9. “On With The Show”
10. “Carnival Begin”

Only 10 songs.. I'm greedy.

Also on Amazon there is a zoom picture of the booklet inside the CD. Can see who did the tracks etc if you use the zoom option