Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New TVNZ Interview!

This was just on T.V one five minutes ago! Great new interview with Stevie about Fleetwood Mac

http://tvnz.co.nz/close-up/extra-fle...-12-48-2973216

Old 09-08-2009, 03:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting it!! It was very well done. Stevie is always so sweet and genuine in these interviews.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting...I enjoyed this...Like her blouse! She looks very classy..I'm assuming this is like very recently done.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:32 AM
Supporting Ledgie

C'maaaan you NZ interviewers!

Same old boring questions.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
C'maaaan you NZ interviewers!

Same old boring questions.
I agree with you!! There is a common thread to every FM interview. Those asking the questions always want to rehash all the FM/Rumours drama. I'm assuming they do so to either introduce the band to a new audience or to remind those who are already aware of them of how they "became" Fleetwood Mac. The problem with this formula is that it ignores a huge group of people: the fans...the people who are most likely to be watching the interview in the first place...the people who already know everything about this background information. It is annoying to always spend at least the first half...literally...of any interview or documentary talking about the Rumours drama...yes, its interesting and I love it just as much as the next person...but at this point I want to hear them talk about what's currently happening...talk about the first leg of the Unleashed Tour...tell us behind the scenes stuff we don't know about...tell us about your plans for the upcoming part of the tour...frankly, I don't care what you talk about, as long as it is relevant to today Still loved Stevie in this though
Old 09-08-2009, 05:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post
I agree with you!! There is a common thread to every FM interview. Those asking the questions always want to rehash all the FM/Rumours drama. I'm assuming they do so to either introduce the band to a new audience or to remind those who are already aware of them of how they "became" Fleetwood Mac. The problem with this formula is that it ignores a huge group of people: the fans...the people who are most likely to be watching the interview in the first place...the people who already know everything about this background information. It is annoying to always spend at least the first half...literally...of any interview or documentary talking about the Rumours drama...yes, its interesting and I love it just as much as the next person...but at this point I want to hear them talk about what's currently happening...talk about the first leg of the Unleashed Tour...tell us behind the scenes stuff we don't know about...tell us about your plans for the upcoming part of the tour...frankly, I don't care what you talk about, as long as it is relevant to today Still loved Stevie in this though
AGREED
Old 09-08-2009, 06:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The piece that was broadcast has footage of them arriving in NZ all those years ago, plus it's kinda funny for the comments made by the presenter about how her face doesn't move

http://tvnz.co.nz/close-up/stevie-ni...-2973838/video
Old 09-08-2009, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post
nah I don't agree. Part of my job is getting interviews for an entertainment and arts section and interviews are mainly aimed at the mass audience that doesn't know all the details that big fans do so they aren't meant to go into too many specifics that will lose the interest of casual fans or people who aren't really even fans so that they will keep reading.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubytuesday View Post
interviews are mainly aimed at the mass audience that doesn't know all the details that big fans do
Isn't that pretty much what I stated??

Quote:
so they aren't meant to go into too many specifics that will lose the interest of casual fans or people who aren't really even fans so that they will keep reading.
that may be true for whatever work you do...but it can't be denied that we keep hearing the same stuff over and over and that most of it revolves around the FM/Rumours era.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you for sharing! That totally made my Monday morning (except for it's actually Tuesday, but whatev).

Sure it's the same ol' same ol', but who cares?! It's still exciting to see a new video Stevie looks really refreshed!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://tvnz.co.nz/close-up/extra-fle...-12-48-2973216

Wow! I thoroughly enjoyed that interview. I learned some new things in there that I've never heard her share before. I was cracking up because I've been a waiter and I clean for a living and she called those both "dumb ass jobs." So me and Stevie have a lot in common, though I don't consider those dumb ass jobs. Just hard working ones.

Thank you for finding and posting this interview!

Last edited by vivfox; 09-08-2009 at 10:42 AM..
Old 09-08-2009, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie looked absolutely stunning there! It was nice to see her wearing something a bit different to the usual black tops. Great interview too, thanks so much for sharing.

On a side note, has the presenter ever seen any of Stevie's old interviews? She always looks like she's fell from the sky and got a shock.

Last edited by Black_Moon; 09-08-2009 at 10:42 AM..
Old 09-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks go to you too Sharon for finding the interview in this part. Again I loved this interview!
Do you think Stevie wants us to notice the recording equipment set up to the right of the piano in her hotel room? The studio microphone over the piano. The painting of the dragon and heart called "stop draggin' my heart around?" For you newbies I thought you should know that that painting was displayed in the Bella Donna piano music book.
Maybe she was inspired by Tom Petty in her current song that day?

P.S. How sad for us when Stevie tells him she has boxes of music we will never hear because the songs are great but not great enough to sing on stage.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for this. Next thing Stevie will be claiming she's going to New Zealand to writer her Birds of Rhiannon opera.

Typically, I don't think places in California even have basements.

I know there's been discussion about a deal that BN may have had when they joined FM (Dee). I think Stevie alludes to this. Well, it's not laid out as a deal, but rather an alternate/escape plan. We can make money and then go do our own thing, if it doesn't work out.

Mick gets panic attacks and Christine would be paralyzed with stage fright.

She's cranking on to be honest?? I guess that's funny. It's just that it looked like a straight, conservative news show, rather than a humorous one. He didn't look like a jokester. So, it was a bit of a shock to have that coming from that particular anchor, not knowing his background.

People were getting into dirty, eel-filled water to get close to her? No, she brought out the super duper Edge Walk gloves for that one!

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 09-08-2009 at 12:21 PM..
Old 09-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
The painting of the dragon and heart called "stop draggin' my heart around?" For you newbies I thought you should know that that painting was displayed in the Bella Donna piano music book.
I'm no newbie... But I was like... "Where have I seen that picture before, it looks familiar"? Thanks for clearing that up!

I actually think this interview was done at her house... behind the interviewer, the fireplace looks exactly like the fire place that was the backdrop behind Stevie during the Eye to Eye Sunday Morning interview from a few years ago on CBS. Not that it matters, just an observation.