Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-14-2021, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey on Brandy Clark's album

https://www.gratefulweb.com/articles...ur-life-record

Brandy Clark celebrates one-year anniversary of "Your Life is a Record"
Article Contributed by Sacks and Company | Published on Saturday, February 13, 2021
FEATURES SIX BONUS TRACKS INCLUDING NEW SONG “REMEMBER ME BEAUTIFUL”

In celebration of the one-year anniversary of her critically acclaimed album, Your Life is a Record, eight-time GRAMMY nominee Brandy Clark will release a special new deluxe edition, Your Life is a Record (Deluxe), March 5 on Warner Records. Pre-save/pre-add HERE.

In addition to all eleven songs from Your Life is a Record, the deluxe album will feature six bonus tracks including “Remember Me Beautiful,” a new song Clark wrote earlier this year as part of NPR’s Morning Edition Song Project. The album will also feature special collaborations with Brandi Carlile (“Like Mine” and “Same Devil”) and Lindsey Buckingham (“The Past is the Past”) as well as live renditions of two album tracks: “Pawn Shop” and “Who You Thought I Was,” the latter of which is out today. Listen/share HERE.

Moreover, in honor of the album’s anniversary, Clark will perform her first ticketed livestream concert Saturday, March 6 at 8:00pm ET/7:00pm CT via Mandolin. Tickets for the show are available now with a selection of purchase options, including a limited number of VIP packages with signed merchandise and a virtual meet & greet. Fans will also have the option to add a digital download of the deluxe album to their livestream ticket, to be delivered on release day. Full details can be found HERE.

The new release continues a triumphant year for Clark, who is nominated for two awards at the 63rd GRAMMY Awards—Best Country Album (Your Life is a Record) and Best Country Solo Performance (“Who You Thought I Was”)—as well as Outstanding Music Artist at the 2021 GLAAD Media Awards. Produced by Jay Joyce, Your Life is a Record continues to receive widespread critical praise and landed on several “Best of 2020” lists including NPR Music, Rolling Stone, Entertainment Weekly, Variety, Paste and Slate, who declares, “one of the greatest living short-story-song writers in country (which really means in any genre)…I don’t think there’s a 2020 country or country-adjacent album that outdoes Clark’s.”

An eight-time GRAMMY nominee and CMA Awards “Song of the Year” recipient, Clark is one of her generation’s most respected and celebrated songwriters and musicians. Her songs include Kacey Musgraves’ “Follow Your Arrow,” Miranda Lambert’s “Mama’s Broken Heart,” The Band Perry’s “Better Dig Two” and Hailey Whitter’s “Ten Year Town.” Her past two solo albums—2013’s 12 Stories and 2016’s Big Day in a Small Town—each garnered immense critical acclaim landing on “Best of the Year” lists at New York Magazine, Billboard, NPR Music Entertainment Weekly, Rolling Stone, Stereogum, etc. NPR Music’s Ann Powers calls her, “a storyteller of the highest caliber,” while Rolling Stone’s Will Hermes declares, “a country visionary…the consolation of a beautiful voice delivering a well-built song, cold truth rising from it like fog off dry ice.”

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-26-2021, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default out today!

http://www.gratefulweb.com/articles/..._JvkecUZ1noLbI

BRANDY CLARK’S NEW VERSION OF “THE PAST IS THE PAST” DEBUTS TODAY, FEATURING AND PRODUCED BY LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM
ARTICLE CONTRIBUTED BY SACKS AND COMPANY | PUBLISHED ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2021

NOMINATED FOR TWO AWARDS AT 63RD GRAMMY AWARDS
A new version of GRAMMY-nominated singer, songwriter and musician Brandy Clark’s song “The Past is the Past,” both featuring and produced by special guest Lindsey Buckingham, is debuting today. Listen/share HERE.

Of the collaboration, Clark shares, “A few years ago, Lindsey heard a demo of ‘Past is the Past’ and said he wanted to cut it, which felt like such an immense honor. But when I heard he wanted to produce a version of ME singing it, I was FLOORED. Working with him on it was really a pinch myself moment. Another instance for me where I met a hero who did not disappoint. After later recording Your Life is a Record with Jay Joyce, that earlier version of the song didn’t fit the project, but I still loved it and wanted to do something with it. Adding it to the deluxe version just feels right. It’s such a different take on the song than what Jay and I created, and I hope that fans will love it as much as I do.”

The track is from Clark’s new deluxe album, Your Life is a Record (Deluxe), which will be released next Friday, March 5 on Warner Records in celebration of the one-year anniversary of her critically acclaimed album, Your Life is a Record. Pre-save/pre-add here. In celebration of the release, Clark will perform a track from the deluxe album on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” next Wednesday, March 3.

In addition to the new version of “The Past is the Past,” the deluxe edition will feature all eleven songs from Your Life is a Record as well as five additional bonus tracks, including “Remember Me Beautiful,” a song Clark wrote earlier this year as part of NPR’s Morning Edition Song Project. The album will also feature collaborations with Brandi Carlile (“Like Mine” and “Same Devil”) as well as live renditions of two album tracks: “Pawn Shop” and “Who You Thought I Was.”

Moreover, in honor of the album’s anniversary, Clark will perform her first ticketed livestream concert next Saturday, March 6 at 8:00pm ET/7:00pm CT via Mandolin. Tickets for the show are available now with a selection of purchase options, including a limited number of VIP packages with signed merchandise and a virtual meet & greet. Fans will also have the option to add a digital download of the deluxe album to their livestream ticket, to be delivered on release day. Full details can be found HERE.

The new release continues a triumphant year for Clark, who is nominated for two awards at the 63rd GRAMMY Awards—Best Country Album (Your Life is a Record) and Best Country Solo Performance (“Who You Thought I Was”)—as well as Outstanding Music Artist at the 2021 GLAAD Media Awards. Produced by Jay Joyce, Your Life is a Recordcontinues to receive widespread critical praise and landed on several “Best of 2020” lists including NPR Music, Rolling Stone, Entertainment Weekly, Variety, Paste and Slate, who declares, “one of the greatest living short-story-song writers in country (which really means in any genre)…I don’t think there’s a 2020 country or country-adjacent album that outdoes Clark’s.”

An eight-time GRAMMY nominee and CMA Awards “Song of the Year” recipient, Clark is one of her generation’s most respected and celebrated songwriters and musicians. Her songs include Kacey Musgraves’ “Follow Your Arrow,” Miranda Lambert’s “Mama’s Broken Heart,” The Band Perry’s “Better Dig Two” and Hailey Whitter’s “Ten Year Town.” Her past two solo albums—2013’s 12 Stories and 2016’s Big Day in a Small Town—each garnered immense critical acclaim landing on “Best of the Year” lists at New York Magazine, Billboard, NPR Music Entertainment Weekly, Rolling Stone, Stereogum, etc. NPR Music’s Ann Powers calls her, “a storyteller of the highest caliber,” while Rolling Stone’s Will Hermes declares, “a country visionary…the consolation of a beautiful voice delivering a well-built song, cold truth rising from it like fog off dry ice.”

YOUR LIFE IS A RECORD (DELUXE) TRACK LIST

1. I’ll Be the Sad Song

2. Long Walk

3. Love is a Fire

4. Pawn Shop

5. Who You Thought I Was

6. Apologies

7. Bigger Boat (feat. Randy Newman)

8. Bad Car

9. Who Broke Whose Heart

10. Can We Be Strangers

11. The Past is the Past

12. Who You Thought I Was (Live From 3rd & Lindsley)

13. Pawn Shop (Live From 3rd & Lindsley)

14. Remember Me Beautiful

15. Like Mine

16. Same Devil (feat. Brandi Carlile)

17. The Past is the Past (feat. Lindsey Buckingham)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-26-2021, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 02-26-2021, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Amazing song and it does sound like Brandy Clark on a Fleetwood Mac album.
Old 02-27-2021, 01:38 PM
UnwindedDreams
This message has been deleted by UnwindedDreams.
Old 02-27-2021, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds VERY of a piece with much of the BuckVie material. She says they did it quite a while ago, wonder if it was around the same time.
Old 02-27-2021, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Sounds VERY of a piece with much of the BuckVie material. She says they did it quite a while ago, wonder if it was around the same time.
they did it back in 2018, so couple of years after BuckVie, and also after LB's ouster., but before his 2018 fall tour. she posted pics on social media about working with LB then. pretty sure there is a thread about that somewhere on this board, just lazy to search for it.