Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2018, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default A new official cover of "The Chain"

From the category: "In other news..."

KOBRA AND THE LOTUS Releases Video For Cover Of FLEETWOOD MAC's 'The Chain'

KOBRA AND THE LOTUS has released the official music video for its cover version of the FLEETWOOD MAC classic "The Chain". Check it out below. The track is taken from the second part of the band's opus magnum, which will be released one year after the successful arrival of rock juggernaut "Prevail I".
"We couldn't be more stoked to release the final closer to our 'Prevail' album series," says vocalist Kobra Paige. "We've chosen a classic, recorded in 1976, and we hope to connect and carry the magic forward from that musical era. Here it is, 'The Chain' by FLEETWOOD MAC, in full KOBRA AND THE LOTUS spirit. Can you recognize it?

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kob...acs-the-chain/

They took quite a few liberties with the melody and the lyrics but I think it's an interesting take on the song?

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 04-27-2018, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok I thought this was going to be a full version of The Chain that the "new " Fleetwood Mac was shown rehearsing on TV the other morning.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Ok I thought this was going to be a full version of The Chain that the "new " Fleetwood Mac was shown rehearsing on TV the other morning.
Haha, me too! Guess we will have to wait to see "the magic".
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:10 AM

Watch Thunderpussy Nail a Cover of Fleetwood Mac's "The Chain" at Paste
The rising Seattle quartet stripped down a classic and played music from their debut.

Paste Studio was thrilled to host emerging Seattle quartet Thunderpussy last week in our New York office, where the band played a cut from their debut self-titled record as well as a brand new song and a deep-dive cover. Hearing these hard-rocking gals perform in a rare acoustic setting was a special treat for anyone who’s witnessed them stomp, strut and rip through their electrifying live show, or heard them do it on lead singles like “Speed Queen” and “Thunderpussy.” To mark the quieter occasion at Paste, the band included a remarkable version of Fleetwood Mac’s “The Chain,” rendered here with a gentle acoustic guitar and a brushed…cardboard box.

Watch Thunderpussy play “The Chain” at Paste:

Thunderpussy’s rendition jettisoned the original’s kick-drum heartbeat and harmonized intro, reimagining the song as a solo tour de force by Stevie Nicks, in this case played by Thunderpussy frontwoman Molly Sides. (The original is mostly sung by Lindsey Buckingham.) It was an ingenious take, though one the band admitted they couldn’t exactly take credit for. They were inspired by a similar version, a grainy demo with Nicks alone on guitar that was released as part of the 35th anniversary reissue of Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours back in 2013.

“It’s the most beautiful demo and it’s Stevie Nicks,” said vocalist Molly Sides. “It’s pretty magical to hear to these—basically they’re like little snippets of the songs, or they’re full songs and they pulled from them and created ‘The Chain.’”

“We love Stevie,” echoed guitarist Whitney Perry.

Thunderpussy also performed original songs “Cloud,” from the new LP, and “On the Line.” Watch those below, pick up Thunderpussy everywhere on May 25, and catch the band on tour.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...wood-macs.html