The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-15-2014, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Do FM fans wait early in line? (Ziggo Dome)

I'm used to going to concerts of pop stars where fans wait in line the day before and sleep there just to get front row.

Is it the same for FM? Or is it more relaxed with people rolling in a couple of hours before the show?

I really want to be front row but don't want to overnight at the concert hall entrance if it's not necessary. XD (This is my first FM concert.)

Thanks. <3
Old 11-15-2014, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmatrix View Post
I'm used to going to concerts of pop stars where fans wait in line the day before and sleep there just to get front row.

Is it the same for FM? Or is it more relaxed with people rolling in a couple of hours before the show?

I really want to be front row but don't want to overnight at the concert hall entrance if it's not necessary. XD (This is my first FM concert.)

Thanks. <3
last year it was not overnight, you just had to be there the same day; but couple hrs before the show would not get you upfront.

not sure how it will be this year with Christine back. but as far as i know Amsterdam show is not sold out yet, while last year the first Amsterdam show sold out within hrs. so hard to tell.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-15-2014, 07:01 PM
BigBigLove
This message has been deleted by BigBigLove. Reason: Elle knows better than me!
Old 11-15-2014, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^

Thanks. I figured FM crowd would be less fanatic? But with Christine I'm not sure. I'm going to show up early earlyyy in the morning anyway then lunch and have dinner in line, lol.

@BigBigLove: I'm not sure what you're referring to. If you check out Ziggo Dome the whole floor is "standing seats". There's no separate rows? In Antwerp however, they do have seats in different categories.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmatrix View Post
^

Thanks. I figured FM crowd would be less fanatic? But with Christine I'm not sure. I'm going to show up early earlyyy in the morning anyway then lunch and have dinner in line, lol.

@BigBigLove: I'm not sure what you're referring to. If you check out Ziggo Dome the whole floor is "standing seats". There's no separate rows? In Antwerp however, they do have seats in different categories.
last year Antwerp had seats, similar to all US shows. Amsterdam was one of the rare venues where the whole floor was GA standing, and they didn't refer to it as "standing seats" - it was something like general standing, just in Dutch. so i'm not sure whether this year it will be the same.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-15-2014, 07:36 PM
Ledgie

In my experience, standing gigs for not standing bands don't tend to have people waiting outside for more than a few hours. So I would imagine 4-5 hours beforehand, you should get a pretty decent spot.

For the likes of Springsteen however, you want the front, it's AT LEAST 1 overnight stay!
Old 11-16-2014, 03:10 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
last year Antwerp had seats, similar to all US shows. Amsterdam was one of the rare venues where the whole floor was GA standing, and they didn't refer to it as "standing seats" - it was something like general standing, just in Dutch. so i'm not sure whether this year it will be the same.
It's the same as last year. I'm planning to be there around 5 pm or so. Maybe try to catch them at the hotel first, who knows
Old 11-16-2014, 03:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Last year I was at the Ziggo Dome around 5 o' clock. Maybe a 60 people already waiting both times.

After entering the building I also brought away my coat (in june it won't be nessecary), went tot the toilet, bought some coins for refreshments and a beer with them as well.

I ended up both times up front, up to two or three meters from the stage. With some people between me and the stage. The crowd was very moveable, so near the end of the show I was glued to the edge of the stage

Don't forget June 1st is a monday, people have to work and the majority do have a numbered seat in the tiers. Also many people prefer to be a little more at the back, to easily get out for a beer or a coke and (not less important) the sound quality is better a bit more behind. When you are at the stage the sound system is above or even behind you.