Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-08-2003, 02:42 PM
Ledgie

Cool Gift of Screws

Hi there everyone. I am a sporadic member, but one who has been posting since 1997! I was curious...how can I find the songs that were supposed to have been included on the Gift of Screws album?
Thanks.
Old 01-08-2003, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

2 of them(BTLH and My little demon)can be found on The Dance. Don't know about the others. Hope this helps.
Old 01-08-2003, 02:52 PM
Ledgie

Unhappy Hmmmmmmmm

Thanks. I have heard those, but people on here have been talking about 10 or 11 new songs that they already have heard or know about. I wonder about those.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Old 01-08-2003, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think this is my 1st post on the Lindsey forum...Just a suggestion, go to Kazaa or another mp3 site and search for Lindsey Buckingham rare or something along those lines. I have found a handful of them, Gotta Get Away, Down On Rodeo, Murrow, Miranda, Steal Your Heart Away, She Smiled Sweetly, Deep Dense. These are demos but they sound like they could be album versions.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 01-08-2003, 04:11 PM
Ledgie

Default Thanks

Thank you very much. I will check those out also. Yeah, I was hoping there might be some MP3s or something out there.
Old 01-08-2003, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Gift of Screws

Quote:
Originally posted by clooney
Hi there everyone. I am a sporadic member, but one who has been posting since 1997! I was curious...how can I find the songs that were supposed to have been included on the Gift of Screws album?
Thanks.
Hi, I don't know if any of the few sites that originally posted the entire set of demos are still around / still have the songs posted, but there are plenty of people around who will burn you a copy of the "album" and send it to you by a trade (or "2 for 1" etc) or simply totally "free".
There are about 19 GOS demos in total, I think (might be slightly wrong), and most of us reckon that about 10 or 11 of those have made the final tracklist for the upcoming Fleetwood Mac album.
Whatever you do, don't fall into the trap of PAYING for the "album" on Ebay or anything else like that. We all got it for FREE and so should you.
If you're (by some rare chance!) in the UK I'll send it to you if you want.

Old 01-08-2003, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You could try here:

http://217.209.67.222/~jan/

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 01-09-2003, 11:27 AM
Ledgie

Smile Thank you

Awesome!!! Thank you guys very much.

I checked out that "jan" site and it is up with demos on it. I had an older url for it that wasn't working.

Thank you, I may just take you up on that offer of free copies, although I do not live in the U.K. I may seek out one, though.

Thank you very much, everyone!!! Y'all have been so helpful!

Now where did everyone hear about this new Mac album? There is no news about it on the Penguin News archives. I check there periodically to learn about just this sort of thing. I am very excited to hear about it!!!!

Thanks again!
Old 01-09-2003, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Thank you

Quote:
Originally posted by clooney
Now where did everyone hear about this new Mac album? There is no news about it on the Penguin News archives. I check there periodically to learn about just this sort of thing. I am very excited to hear about it!!!!
I'm pretty sure there's something about it in the "Latest News" section of The Penguin. I think it was first announced officially by Stevie during her TISL tour, and there's been many Mick Fleetwood interviews, magazines, internet articles etc in which it has been mentioned since then. The album is now complete and we are expecting an April release: if you only found out about it now, consider yourself very lucky: you didn't have to go through the pain of waiting almost an entire extra year for it - it was meant to be released last summer!!!

Old 01-14-2003, 04:36 PM
Ledgie

Smile Yes!

EXCELLENT!!!! I am so excited to hear about the album! You are correct, I haven't been waiting too long. Although I have been waiting for Lindsey's solo album since 1997, UGH! I think he is either such a perfectionist that it takes him a long time to complete projects...or Reprise (or whatever other label) wouldn't release GOS. Of course, if the latter were the case and I were Lindsey, I would just release it on my own independent label or something. But anyway, thank you guys so very much for all the information. I truly appreciate it! I am so excited!