The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It would be really interesting to know how they'd play Why with Mike's guitar and Neil's added vocals. I like the CM/LB/SN version but not as much as I like the original. It would be interesting.

On another note, though I'm not happy about the situation I think we dodged a bullet regarding Waddy Wachtel. I wonder if there was any chance he might have been drafted in as a guitarist? That would have been the absolute end.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-12-2018, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
It would be really interesting to know how they'd play Why with Mike's guitar and Neil's added vocals. I like the CM/LB/SN version but not as much as I like the original. It would be interesting.

On another note, though I'm not happy about the situation I think we dodged a bullet regarding Waddy Wachtel. I wonder if there was any chance he might have been drafted in as a guitarist? That would have been the absolute end.
Wow, excellent point! You gotta think he was at least considered as a possibility by FM. I am not really a fan of his and wish Stevie had kept Rick Vito for her solo tours, even after Waddy's legal troubles were finished.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jools View Post
After having thought about this some more, it could lead to some wonderful set lists
After being board stupid about the last few tours with the boring set lists
maybe this will change!!

As Long As You Follow
All Over Again
Id rather go blind
Oh Well
I loved another woman
stop messin around
hold me
skies the limit
rattlesnake shake
man of the world
isnt it midnight
love that burns
angel
sisters of the moon

I would pay money to see the older hits and some deep cuts as well as the known hits
If they play Isn't It Midnight, I'm suing

They never played it with Lindsey which is a crime
Old 04-14-2018, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A few people have given mention to Neil Finn/Crowded House songs.
Just wanted to say my favourite is Four Seasons in One Day;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXiIU6ZcXdQ

Beautiful song.

I'm not sure Neil Finn has the right voice to perform the likes of Green Manalishi, Black Magic Woman, Rattlesnake Shake and the like.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-14-2018, 05:09 PM
Murrow
This message has been deleted by Murrow.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
A few people have given mention to Neil Finn/Crowded House songs.
Just wanted to say my favourite is Four Seasons in One Day;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXiIU6ZcXdQ

Beautiful song.

I'm not sure Neil Finn has the right voice to perform the likes of Green Manalishi, Black Magic Woman, Rattlesnake Shake and the like.
I'm a big Crowded House fan .I can't see Neil singing blues songs or hard rock songs either.He is the most pure pop vocalist Fleetwood Mac has ever had IMO.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Can't see the join

First picture of the new line-up

http://popdose.com/music-news-lindse...fleetwood-mac/

Seriously, though, Mr Bolin raises a very pertinent point. Neil Finn is a very fine songwriter indeed. Is that skill going to find an outlet through Fleetwood Mac? Now that we're in this situation, however it has arisen it would be a shame to waste some of the opportunities for new recordings and vocal mixes his presence might afford.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good picture of the band. Nice to see some publicity slowly coming out.

I read Bolin's review of Behind the Mask and thought it was interesting. Rolling Stone raved about it, so it was definitely a polarizing album. Personally, I think it's so middle of the road, it's hard to imagine anyone hating it. I love how he called In the Back of My Mind a remake of Tusk. First time I've ever heard that! He said FM greatest hits album didn't hit the top 10, but he forgot to mention it's sold millions of copies, probably the 2nd best selling FM album after Rumours. He says it didn't hit the top 10 because As Long As You Follow wasn't a hit, but a GH album doesn't need a new single to be a hit. He also says the lack of a hit single was due to Lindsey's absence. Save Me hit #33, but besides that, Peacekeeper and In My World weren't hit singles, either. Guess Mr. Bolin didn't think that maybe radio had changed in the late 80s and early 90s, with grunge taking over. It's unlikely any FM song would have hit the top 10 in 1990, whether Lindsey produced it or not, unfortunately. Even today, a new FM single is unlikely to chart, whether Lindsey produced it or not.

And yes, I know the picture's not real.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Good picture of the band. Nice to see some publicity slowly coming out.

I read Bolin's review of Behind the Mask and thought it was interesting. Rolling Stone raved about it, so it was definitely a polarizing album. Personally, I think it's so middle of the road, it's hard to imagine anyone hating it. I love how he called In the Back of My Mind a remake of Tusk. First time I've ever heard that! He said FM greatest hits album didn't hit the top 10, but he forgot to mention it's sold millions of copies, probably the 2nd best selling FM album after Rumours. He says it didn't hit the top 10 because As Long As You Follow wasn't a hit, but a GH album doesn't need a new single to be a hit. He also says the lack of a hit single was due to Lindsey's absence. Save Me hit #33, but besides that, Peacekeeper and In My World weren't hit singles, either. Guess Mr. Bolin didn't think that maybe radio had changed in the late 80s and early 90s, with grunge taking over. It's unlikely any FM song would have hit the top 10 in 1990, whether Lindsey produced it or not, unfortunately. Even today, a new FM single is unlikely to chart, whether Lindsey produced it or not.

And yes, I know the picture's not real.
Point. It seems easy enough for older artists to have a top 10 (or even #1 in Tom Petty's case) album. The top 100 singles chart seems like an impenetrable wall, though. Maybe I just don't pay enough attention to singles.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I'm a big Crowded House fan .I can't see Neil singing blues songs or hard rock songs either.He is the most pure pop vocalist Fleetwood Mac has ever had IMO.
I could easily imagine Neil singing any song where Danny Kirwan sang lead, including “Something Inside of Me” (which would destroy with MC playing lead). That said, it’s not like Danny was a great blues singer, especially compared to his bandmate.

THE Stephen Hopkins